★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Incognito Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ----------

Are you a fan of traditional 2D shooters such as R-type, Gradius, 1941, Zaxxon and Defender? Now you can experience the best elements of these games in 3D!

The ultimate encounter when mysterious and powerful aliens launch an all out invasion against the human race. Get ready with Airblade, a 3D arcade style shooter with a fast-pace and heart-pounding experience. Armed with a chaingun, and an arsenal of missiles and rockets, your prototype apache gunship must fight against a variety of enemy alien craft like Pod Fighters, Canon Bombers, Swarmers, and Scouts Drones. Turn your skills against the powerful Alien invading forces in this exciting 3D adventure. You are humans last hope of survival - Can you turn the tide and defeat the powerful enemy from beyond?

Airblade is a mission-based 3D shooter with a third-person perspective. The main aim of the game is to fly your next generation Apcahe gunship through the city infested with deadly enemies; you will have to clear each strong point before you can move on and get to the end to face the huge end bosses.

Use the virtual joystick and buttons on screen to maneuver your apache and fire your weapons. Get to know the power and limit of your weapons --use them wisely. Learn your enemies and find the best way to dodge and destroy them! Remember, always to rely on the auto lock-on features. It is the best way to utilize the power of your missiles.

Airblade Alien Invasion features:

-Action, action and action with lots of cool explosion effects.

-cutting edge iphone graphics

-Fully interactive 3D environment with lots of stuff to shoot!

-One on one battle with large boss at the end.

-Easy to learn controls.

-choose between easy, normal, and hard difficulty

-Lots of bonuses for destroying alien crafts!

-intense arcade style gameplay

-Designed for mobile play--you can quit at any point of the game and pick up at the same spot next time.

-First in a series of many exciting episodes to come!

For more screenshots, trailer and other information on this title, please check out www.incognitogamesstudios.com. If you still cannot make your mind, check out AirBlade Lite --the free version first to see if it is the game for you!

VeganTnT's comments:
**Downloading it now**

08-29-2009, 12:05 AM

08-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Screen shots look sweet. Awaiting some initial impressions.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-29-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm waiting for someone's impressions first. The screenshots look promising and the description sounds interesting.

There are videos in their website under "trailers." it really does look like a 2d shooter made 3d.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0

Last edited by NotYou; 08-29-2009 at 12:10 AM.
08-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Sorry guys, someone kept trying to edit my post while I was fixing it.

This thing is an SOB to control though... I'm getting pretty aggravated.

The graphics are great and the gameplay is a lot like ExZeus
08-29-2009, 12:15 AM
if the chapters come in the form of free updates, i'll grab this one. space harrier still stands as on of my fave shooters ever. and thats what ex zeus reminds me of, if this is similar, i'm sure i'll enjoy.

08-29-2009, 12:16 AM
ExZeus is a great game, but I found it really hard to control to the point I don't really play it anymore. I hope this game doesn't end up like that.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-29-2009, 12:20 AM

Just bought it. Plays good, end boss is tough.
08-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
Sorry guys, someone kept trying to edit my post while I was fixing it.

This thing is an SOB to control though... I'm getting pretty aggravated.

The graphics are great and the gameplay is a lot like ExZeus
errr so your saying the controls are bad...had some high hopes for this

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Beat the boss... got Congratulations!

Then on through the city... but it all felt familiar... then I got to the same boss

Turns out "Episode 1" is a very small portion of what is going to be expanded upon.

The controls are bad and I blasted through the entirety of the game twice in a few minutes.

The people behind this game are supposed to be veteran game makers so I hope to see this game become something worthwhile

Save your money folks.