★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mongapop
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.9 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Ah!, the ARCADE. That one place where kids growing up in the 80s could stay for hours on end every day of the week playing the Best Classic Arcade Games.

Where we first discovered maze patterns, punching kangaroos and outer space madness. It was a place where putting your quarter up on the machine meant you were next in line. A place where new games could pop up any day of the week.

-> BRAND NEW CLASSIC FROM THE 80s <-

(*) Natural touch controls
(*) Amazing gameplay

Each time you turn on SPACE FORCE you will be at war with enemies from space who are threatening the earth.
Your objective is to destroy these invaders by firing your "laser cannon." You must wipe out the invaders either before they destroy your ship with their "laser bombs."

Contact Information:
@ www.mongapop.com
@ support@mongapop.com
@ www.youtube.com/user/OmBAUdsman

Mongapop's comments:
Retro Magic Series

Want a FREE CODE???

No need, it's FREE with no ADS neither in-apps
07-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Simple but very polished in design and details
...being free it's a pity to don't take a look at this app,
at least the retro lovers should appreciate it!
07-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Thanks dexter77!!!!
What's really funny is that, I never had such a small number of downloads on my free apps before. I really screwed things up with keywords this time. I'll submit an update tonight to change them...

Maybe rename it to Retro Gamer Space Attack or something like that.

Anyway, thank you for your comments.

Would appreciate if you could rate it @ app store.

Rgds,
07-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongapop View Post
Please play it for great success. Need buy VHS player
Will try it soon, on the strength of the awesomely hilarious sentences quoted above
07-22-2014, 01:03 PM
The screenshots are bad. They don't show anything about the gameplay. Just two boot up screens and the menu. None of the action

The way youve replicated the look and feel of old games is great from the boot up screen to the Gorf style voice effects. But the controls are bad bad bad. Difficult to control the ship. You get hit and then that's it. No lives. Just start again

I love retro games, this has potential but the way you control your ship isn't good
07-22-2014, 02:33 PM
When I first saw this game I immediately though it was just another one of the retro style, 8-bit what have you that currently flood the App Store. Then I played it.

This game combines the fun of classic asteroids style shooters, the rage inducing addictivnes of flappy bird, and audio effects only rivaled by the Atari 2600 to create a game that you will be playing on you lunch break like a mad man.

All in all: 7/10
07-22-2014, 02:51 PM
It's virtually identical to this game

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=184452

before it changed from Flash Gordon to Dilbert.
07-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Great game! Weird control of the direction your ship is shooting, but main goal is to avoid all the aliens!
Instantly addictive, I keep coming back!
07-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
The screenshots are bad. They don't show anything about the gameplay. Just two boot up screens and the menu. None of the action

The way youve replicated the look and feel of old games is great from the boot up screen to the Gorf style voice effects. But the controls are bad bad bad. Difficult to control the ship. You get hit and then that's it. No lives. Just start again

I love retro games, this has potential but the way you control your ship isn't good
Hey, thank you everyone. So much replies now!
Well, for screenshots, how about something like this:

About controls, we tried to implement dual virtual floating joysticks: one to move the ship and another to rotate it. It was way more difficult (if not impossible) to control.

This one, needs a little bit more training to get used, but once you get it, it's more natural and easy to use (in our humble opinion).
Just try to place your finger anywhere in the screen (not covering the ship) and just move it just like if you were moving the ship itself. It will automatically rotate to the new direction.