Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-20-2014, 04:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default WizzardIsland (by Zarista Games)

No one posted about this yet so I will. This is by Zarista Games who made most of the "The Quest" expansions.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Thanks very much for posting this! The quest list is up at my website. There's a youtube video here--this is our first game made independently of the Quest--one of our long time betatesters had this to say about it---

"I liked the game a lot. The graphic experience is superb, I donít know any other game where one steps so much into the game as here. The game story is fine with a good balance in the quests, some serious and some funny (the toy rabbit)"

We are already working on a sequel and hope you will love walking around in Lavornia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJii...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-20-2014, 10:19 PM

Will the sequel be a separate game? I guess what im asking is if this will get as many updates/expansions as the Quest!
Old 07-20-2014, 10:19 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 07-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Will the sequel be a separate game? I guess what im asking is if this will get as many updates/expansions as the Quest!
The sequel will be a separate game. We're using the Unity 3d engine and ORK right now -- we can't do expansions as such now but we have many sequels planned. And the developer of ORK is very responsive and creative so we'll see.

The quests are already written out for three sequels. We think the sequels are really exciting. I've already started to put in the sequel.

If I can find a way to carry over anything from one game to the next I will try to do it. : )

@ojtitus--thanks so much. : )

Last edited by Catacomber; 07-20-2014 at 10:42 PM..
Old 07-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Storyline for our sequel--- : )

Each year the Mage Guild chooses a member to find a lush location for the Mage Guild's convention.

This year Warloga was chosen but unfortunately he was conned by a cunning real estate developer into renting a convention hall on exotic Ahuli Island, so beautiful, so seductive, so deadly.

Little did Warloga know until his emissaries failed to return that in the dialect of the natives, Ahuli Island means Island of the Great Ahool, one of the most vicious monsters you could encounter.

You're called upon to help Warloga save face and whip the island and the Great Ahool into shape so the convention can go on.

Now somebody mentioned that Ahool is awfully close to one of our Indo European cuss words but I hope that will not deter me from using the name as it's a respectable creature in Indonesian mythology and I like it. : )

Last edited by Catacomber; 07-20-2014 at 11:30 PM..
Old 07-20-2014, 10:51 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Much of the 2d art is by Sylon of Redshift. I've uploaded an example. I worked with him on the Quest and his art is very atmospheric.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Potionshop.jpg (576.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

The 3d art is from various sellers in the Unity Asset store which do a fantastic job of delivering quality game assets. These screenshots are from the PC version but the only difference is that in the ios version the joysticks are a little less in your face.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pits.jpg (369.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Demons.jpg (572.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg SludgerGirl.jpg (555.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Catacomber; 07-20-2014 at 11:01 PM..
Old 07-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

If you are really stuck, I have an annotated quest list for Wizzard Island with complete spoilers but would rather you not be spoiled. Can answer any questions at my website or here. Suggest you get Potionista's quest and run, not walk to Dirac in the tower and then things should unfold.

You can buy a teleport scroll in Old Shaman's shop in Warloga's Grove that will always teleport you close to the teleporting genie so you can move around quite fast. : )

I got very good at doing this.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:45 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hello catacomber. I am a huge fan of your expansions for The Quest. At least the 4 I played so far, as I only recently started playing The Quest (ratz, hol1+2, elemental asteroids). I was really looking forward to this game, and since you announced that you had submitted the game to apple, I started searching the App Store for it 2 or 3 times every day. Today, it finally showed up!

This is my experience with the game after playing it for 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Great world! The graphics of the world itself (terrain, characters, plants, interiors, etc.) are fantastic. I felt like I was in a whole different place! The animations are really good too. The quests are once again very clever, I like the level design (I already found 2 hidden walls!) and the characters dialog is fun to read. I did feel like the walking speed is a bit too slow though. Thanks for the teleportation tip. I will use it the next time I play.

I'm not a big fan of the UI. A lot of it doesn't fit in with the fantasy world. I got confused at the item descriptions at the top of the screen in the Inventory screen. I couldn't tell if it was describing the item I was equipping, or the one I replaced. On iPad the menu button is behind another button on the quest list.

The one thing that I really didn't like or am just clueless about is the combat. I don't have enough time to react to the enemies, at least not with the zero practice I currently have. I haven't been able to kill an enemy yet. Or maybe the graveyard is just a too high level zone for a beginner? Navigating in menus while in real time combat is not fun. This is especially bad for potions, but could easily be fixed by allowing the player to map the most important potions to buttons. Also, there is a bug that enemies sometimes don't attack, and I can't attack eighter because the combat buttons don't appear on screen. I don't know what triggers the bug, but it happens often. So far, I only encountered enemies in the graveyard. Are there supposed to be enemies in the crypt? It seems like a place where there should be enemies, and I even came across a spider which didn't attack. I'm using an iPad Air running on iOS 7.1.1.

I'm sorry if this seemed a bit harsh. I really want this game to do well and to be able to enjoy it myself(which I do outside of combat). I will keep playing your games as I really enjoy them.

Last edited by swisssk8er1; 07-20-2014 at 11:52 PM..