★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: dsumorok
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 1.0 MB
  • Version: 1.9
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Netet is a two-player game where you and your opponent attempt to organize falling blocks to create horizontal lines. Blocks fall from above and stack up on each other. As a block falls, you can move the block sideways, rotate the block, or cause the block to fall immediately to the bottom. You move falling pieces by placing your finger on or under the board and moving your finger either left, right, or down. You rotate a piece by tapping your finger on or under the board.

You and your opponent control your own games, but can see each other's game. When you create a complete horizontal line out of block pieces, the line disappears, and all block pieces above the line move down. If you create two or more horizontal lines at the same time, not only do the lines disappear, but the lines re-appear at the bottom of your opponent's board, causing all your opponent's block pieces to move up. The goal of the game is to keep your block pieces from stacking to the top before your opponents block pieces stack to the top.

You can play Netet on two separate devices over a network, or on the same device. Netet keeps track of how many games you have won and ranks you with the other players.

Features:
- Head to head competition over network or on save device
- Single player "practice" mode
- Play against your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
- Choose your own background color and/or picture
- Automatically generates "standings" to rank players
- Resume an interrupted game

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Thnk you for telling me how tetris works.
08-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Don't knock it - there are many many games that just have all the promo stuff in the sidebar and that entirely neglect any sort of game description. So even if it is an old game it doesn't matter - more info is always good.

08-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh, is this similar to Tetris, in some way? Because I hear that one is pretty fun.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-29-2009, 03:24 PM
There's NO need for cheap-looking, cheap-playing Tetris knockoffs on the app store, because the actually LICENSED game is an awesome game as it is. It's attractive and it's got multiple modes of play. It's $4.99... Why pay 99 cents for something that looks ugly and doesn't carry the official Tetris license???
08-29-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm waiting for your impressions...

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
08-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Thnk you for telling me how tetris works.
Did you read the description?

Quote:
If you create two or more horizontal lines at the same time, not only do the lines disappear, but the lines re-appear at the bottom of your opponent's board, causing all your opponent's block pieces to move up.
That is a new twist on the old rules. I wouldn't have known about that just by looking at the screen shot. I will get it for real.

Quote:
You can play Netet on two separate devices over a network, or on the same device. When the game is played on the same device, one board is flipped upside down, allowing you and and your opponent to face each other.
Also not apparent from the picture.

Last edited by starjimstar; 08-29-2009 at 03:36 PM.
09-03-2009, 06:07 AM
Price is now $1.99

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
09-03-2009, 06:17 AM
one screenshot, pretty bad looking graphics, nothing special ( looks just like a plain tetris game ), theres better things out there ( that i've played ) and its 2$. Hmmm what to do what to do... Pass.

edit: well it does have wi-fi and thats good, but not enough to change my mind