Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-21-2014, 04:43 AM

Default Natural Soccer (by Thorsten Schleinzer)

Old 07-21-2014, 04:54 AM

Not bad attempt at recreating dino dinis Goal!, Kick-off or SWOS. BUT here's my 2cents:

1. Ball feels fine except for shooting. It is weaker than some passes and needs more weight and power.
2. Because of 1. above i believe it's impossible to score a goal outside the box. I've invested decent amount if time in a game and consider myself a SWOS veteran but I have not scored once outside the box despite the aftertouch.
3. Game seriously lacks modes. If you want to recereate (or surpass the predecessors as you claim on your website) you need to really add more game modes besides League Mode. Selling and buying players, injuries etc... are essential in any football game.
4. Nice to hear you carefully created over 2000 players but there is nothing in a game to suggest whats so different between players. Except noticing some players are faster than others i cant see anything else. What would help is if you add stats to players which would facilitate #3 suggestion above.
5. Why arent there any tactics or formations or ability to substitute players? These are fundamental things in a football game.
6. Midfield is empty - there is basically no action between two boxes. Too easy to get from one end of the pitch to another without many passes. AI needs some fixing.

Great job so far - I think you got a really good base to work from. Game is really fun to play and with some changes to shooting it could be a real winner.

Without game modes and proper season action such as buying/selling players and player stats i think you are far from beating down swos or other games you mention as your inspirations.

It would be a pitty not to build on what you have created thus far!!! WELL DONE!

As a matter of support I've purchased the full version! Hope to see some updates soon 😉
All the very best!

Last edited by Mikiesque; 07-21-2014 at 04:57 AM..
Old 07-21-2014, 07:18 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikiesque View Post
Not bad attempt at recreating dino dinis Goal!, Kick-off or SWOS. BUT here's my 2cents:

1. Ball feels fine except for shooting. It is weaker than some passes and needs more weight and power.
2. Because of 1. above i believe it's impossible to score a goal outside the box. I've invested decent amount if time in a game and consider myself a SWOS veteran but I have not scored once outside the box despite the aftertouch.
3. Game seriously lacks modes. If you want to recereate (or surpass the predecessors as you claim on your website) you need to really add more game modes besides League Mode. Selling and buying players, injuries etc... are essential in any football game.
4. Nice to hear you carefully created over 2000 players but there is nothing in a game to suggest whats so different between players. Except noticing some players are faster than others i cant see anything else. What would help is if you add stats to players which would facilitate #3 suggestion above.
5. Why arent there any tactics or formations or ability to substitute players? These are fundamental things in a football game.
6. Midfield is empty - there is basically no action between two boxes. Too easy to get from one end of the pitch to another without many passes. AI needs some fixing.

Great job so far - I think you got a really good base to work from. Game is really fun to play and with some changes to shooting it could be a real winner.

Without game modes and proper season action such as buying/selling players and player stats i think you are far from beating down swos or other games you mention as your inspirations.

It would be a pitty not to build on what you have created thus far!!! WELL DONE!

As a matter of support I've purchased the full version! Hope to see some updates soon 😉
All the very best!
Great review! Exactly what we need in football games! I didn't buy this one, but I am willing to give it a try if the dev is willing to update it with some proper modes
Old 07-21-2014, 08:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Just tried it, this could well be a good game, but the lack of depth and the too stiff gameplay while having the ball make it hard to recommend it right now, it definitely needs a good update. I also don't mind playing without real names, but it would be nice to have at least some names similar to the real ones like for example Drogbo instead of Drogba, or Hondo instead of Honda, but here those are totally unreal names
Old 07-21-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
Just tried it, this could well be a good game, but the lack of depth and the too stiff gameplay while having the ball make it hard to recommend it right now, it definitely needs a good update. I also don't mind playing without real names, but it would be nice to have at least some names similar to the real ones like for example Drogbo instead of Drogba, or Hondo instead of Honda, but here those are totally unreal names
My first impression was the same regarding controls but if you give it a but more time you will realise that there is a deliberate momentum built in the controls so you cant quickly change direction. But the controls are definitely 360.

Lets hope the developer sees this. It would be nice to get some updates. I left him similar feedback to the one above on his website.

Cheers.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:02 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Interesting game. It does have more of the Kick Off and Sensible Soccer feel than most other retro titles I've played, including Super Soccer Champs. It still needs some refining of the controls and it needs to offer more polish and more game modes to justify a $5 IAP. I would have supported the effort for a couple of bucks as it has potential. The premium gating technique is also pretty annoying... play as much as you like but all games end after 3 goals scored? I couldn't even complete a friendly without paying the IAP. I'd suggest something along the lines of a trial of the league, with the first 5-10 games in full, then pay to continue. Arbitrarily terminating a game just when your user might be enjoying themselves might not be the best way to get them pony up as it leaves a bad taste. I'd also drop the IAP to $2 to make it more of an impulse purchase. Anyway... back to finishing my own soccer game
Old 07-22-2014, 03:11 AM

I love this game on Ouya... happy to enjoy it on my iphone!!
Old 07-22-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huacanacha View Post
Interesting game. It does have more of the Kick Off and Sensible Soccer feel than most other retro titles I've played, including Super Soccer Champs. It still needs some refining of the controls and it needs to offer more polish and more game modes to justify a $5 IAP. I would have supported the effort for a couple of bucks as it has potential. The premium gating technique is also pretty annoying... play as much as you like but all games end after 3 goals scored? I couldn't even complete a friendly without paying the IAP. I'd suggest something along the lines of a trial of the league, with the first 5-10 games in full, then pay to continue. Arbitrarily terminating a game just when your user might be enjoying themselves might not be the best way to get them pony up as it leaves a bad taste. I'd also drop the IAP to $2 to make it more of an impulse purchase. Anyway... back to finishing my own soccer game
Finishing your own game? Wow that impressive!!!!!!! Thats my dream come true!

If you need any feedback/testing of your game let me know - i'd be keen to help!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:41 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikiesque View Post
Finishing your own game? Wow that impressive!!!!!!! Thats my dream come true!

If you need any feedback/testing of your game let me know - i'd be keen to help!
Haha thank you! My game is Stryker: First Person Football and it's currently available for iPad (2 or later). Feedback is the most valuable thing for me right now... I'm in the process of determining which game modes and improvements I should work on next (given my limited resources) so I would love to hear what you think. It's an "Early Access" release so it's very playable but not finished in terms of the overall game experience. Please do play it if you can and leave suggestions on the game thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=235724
Old 07-23-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huacanacha View Post
Haha thank you! My game is Stryker: First Person Football and it's currently available for iPad (2 or later). Feedback is the most valuable thing for me right now... I'm in the process of determining which game modes and improvements I should work on next (given my limited resources) so I would love to hear what you think. It's an "Early Access" release so it's very playable but not finished in terms of the overall game experience. Please do play it if you can and leave suggestions on the game thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=235724
How do i download stryker? Cant find it on the app store - unless its ipad only!?!?