What are the best currently released or upcoming PS4 games?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by one.sixty.four, Jul 21, 2014.

1. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    As the titles says: what are the best currently released or upcoming PS4 games? I'm considering buying a PS4 later in the year so I just want to compile a list of game to buy when I get it. So far I have:

The crew
    Driveclub
    Infamous second son
    Madden 25
    MLB baseball the show
    No mans sky
    War thunder (psn game)
    Destiny

Thanks!

2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Do yourself a favor and check out the Titan One by ConsoleTuner.com Its a controller adapter that lets you take full control over your controller. It allows you an unlimited amount of possibilities. You can even make macros, add rapid fire, use keyboard and mouse, remap your buttons, etc all without modifying or voiding your controllers warranty.

3. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks, but I'm just looking for games. I've used the dual shock 4 and it's quite good in my opinion on its own.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    The Division looks good, but after Watch Dogs I'll wait for reviews. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't half the game they made it out to be. Last of Us Remastered and GTA V should be a given if you don't already own them on PS3, even if you do they should be worth double dipping for. Infamous SS was good fun but a bit light, but it does give you a level of movement you don't normally get. Destiny I'm in too minds on, repetitive going off the Beta but it is only a small sample, but even there they repeat missions in areas a lot. Still it would make a good go to game. Infamous Last Light (I think) is a month away and should be good based on the character and her story you're playing.

Are you getting PS+? Even if you don't you should grab the 30 day trial once the free PS+ Edition of Driveclub is out and grab it before you buy, best I can tell is it's like shareware from the Doom days, part of the game free unrestricted features.

Other than that, No Man's Sky looks a dead cert and Dragons Age Inquisition should be a fairly solid RPG, Diablo III next month too if you're into ARPG's.

Now if they could announce Fallout 4 I'd be a very happy person.

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Oh and as far as smaller downloadable games go you should look at Transistor and Resogun.

6. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks so much! I do plan on buying PS+. Just to clarify driveclub will be free on PS+ or just partially free?

7. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

I've been thoroughly enjoying Sniper Elite 3 if you are into slower paced, stealth shooters. It's $10 cheaper than most games new and I'd give it a look to see if it's something you would enjoy.

8. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks! I'll take a look!

9. september

Sep 14, 2012
    It was suggested pre PS4 launch that PS+ subscribers would get the full version minus a couple of cars, with delays and Sony speak that now translates to "PlayStation Plus Edition which comes with one location (India), 11 tracks, 10 cars and access to all game modes" which I think is roughly 20% of the full game as far as locations go. There is also apparently going to be a discount on the upgrade to full game option. Knowing Sony this will be $5 or $10 :)

10. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks! That's great to know before I go and drop $60 on it.

11. mr haptic

mr haptic Active Member

Jul 22, 2014
    If you're looking for a AAA release then the current offerings from both next/current gen libraries is sparse. However, Infamous second son is a brilliant title boasting fun gameplay and an engrossing storyline. That being said if you decide to dip your toes into some indie titles then you'll find a wealth of fun at your fingertips. I'll give a particular shoutout to Resogun, Transistor and Trine 2.

12. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks! I like like indie and AAA.

13. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Any more ideas?

14. september

Sep 14, 2012
    New 'n' Tasty if you've ever played the original Oddworld, the imagination in it is still ahead of its time.

Wolfenstein is a good solid singleplayer FPS and ticked all the right boxes for me, enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Tomb Raider is also pretty solid, out does Uncharted in some respects and has a darker overall vibe. Black Flag is also good fun but not as next gen feeling as it could be, tons to do but would have been better as it's own pirate game than apart of the Assassins Creed franchise IMO.

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    To be honest, I'd say there is very little in the way good games currently.

AC4 is very good indeed!
    InFamous is ok but nothing special
    Watch Dogs is terrible
    Knack is okay but not really that fun
    Tomb Raider is awful

And then you have a collection of pretty naff shooters like CoD, Killzone, BF etc etc.

I'm waiting for a game worth my money and it doesn't look like I'll be buying one until Sept-Oct at this rate.

16. 3 words about me and my upcoming PS4 :

May2015 - MGS V Phantom Pain - Sold.

17. september

Sep 14, 2012
    You mentioned you played 2 hours of it before trading it in, I'd be curious what you didn't like, the game itself or direction shift for the franchise?

18. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    It didn't feel like a Tomb Raider game at all to me.

I'm a HUGE Tomb Raider fan, have been playing them since the first one on the PSX and all the TR games were day 1 purchases for me but this.. Oh dear what a let down.

I have to say the graphics were really good but the game was dreadful, there just seemed to be far far too much shooting/combat and very little in the way of puzzles and the puzzles they did have were usually confined to one room and incredibly simple, nothing challenging or taxing at all.

In my opinion, I feel they changed TR to appeal to the casual market by making it more like a shooter and adding trash like QTE's.

Overall I was very disappointed

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I've read a few user reviews and comments from fans who didn't like the shift either so you're not alone, I never got that even though I have played the original TR pre 3dfx patch on PC, but I've felt it with other franchises so can respect where you're coming from. I don't personally agree, but the world would be boring if we all did.

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Upcoming - Diablo 3 I am hoping will be spectacular. Destiny Beta is pretty cool - hoping the full game will really shine. Rogue Legacy out next week.