Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 07-21-2014, 04:55 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default What are the best currently released or upcoming PS4 games?

As the titles says: what are the best currently released or upcoming PS4 games? I'm considering buying a PS4 later in the year so I just want to compile a list of game to buy when I get it. So far I have:

The crew
Driveclub
Infamous second son
Madden 25
MLB baseball the show
No mans sky
War thunder (psn game)
Destiny

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:13 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Do yourself a favor and check out the Titan One by ConsoleTuner.com Its a controller adapter that lets you take full control over your controller. It allows you an unlimited amount of possibilities. You can even make macros, add rapid fire, use keyboard and mouse, remap your buttons, etc all without modifying or voiding your controllers warranty.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:06 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post
Do yourself a favor and check out the Titan One by ConsoleTuner.com Its a controller adapter that lets you take full control over your controller. It allows you an unlimited amount of possibilities. You can even make macros, add rapid fire, use keyboard and mouse, remap your buttons, etc all without modifying or voiding your controllers warranty.
Thanks, but I'm just looking for games. I've used the dual shock 4 and it's quite good in my opinion on its own.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one.sixty.four View Post
The crew
Driveclub
Infamous second son
Madden 25
MLB baseball the show
No mans sky
War thunder (psn game)
Destiny
The Division looks good, but after Watch Dogs I'll wait for reviews. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't half the game they made it out to be. Last of Us Remastered and GTA V should be a given if you don't already own them on PS3, even if you do they should be worth double dipping for. Infamous SS was good fun but a bit light, but it does give you a level of movement you don't normally get. Destiny I'm in too minds on, repetitive going off the Beta but it is only a small sample, but even there they repeat missions in areas a lot. Still it would make a good go to game. Infamous Last Light (I think) is a month away and should be good based on the character and her story you're playing.

Are you getting PS+? Even if you don't you should grab the 30 day trial once the free PS+ Edition of Driveclub is out and grab it before you buy, best I can tell is it's like shareware from the Doom days, part of the game free unrestricted features.

Other than that, No Man's Sky looks a dead cert and Dragons Age Inquisition should be a fairly solid RPG, Diablo III next month too if you're into ARPG's.

Now if they could announce Fallout 4 I'd be a very happy person.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:59 AM

Oh and as far as smaller downloadable games go you should look at Transistor and Resogun.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:24 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
The Division looks good, but after Watch Dogs I'll wait for reviews. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't half the game they made it out to be. Last of Us Remastered and GTA V should be a given if you don't already own them on PS3, even if you do they should be worth double dipping for. Infamous SS was good fun but a bit light, but it does give you a level of movement you don't normally get. Destiny I'm in too minds on, repetitive going off the Beta but it is only a small sample, but even there they repeat missions in areas a lot. Still it would make a good go to game. Infamous Last Light (I think) is a month away and should be good based on the character and her story you're playing.

Are you getting PS+? Even if you don't you should grab the 30 day trial once the free PS+ Edition of Driveclub is out and grab it before you buy, best I can tell is it's like shareware from the Doom days, part of the game free unrestricted features.

Other than that, No Man's Sky looks a dead cert and Dragons Age Inquisition should be a fairly solid RPG, Diablo III next month too if you're into ARPG's.

Now if they could announce Fallout 4 I'd be a very happy person.
Thanks so much! I do plan on buying PS+. Just to clarify driveclub will be free on PS+ or just partially free?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I've been thoroughly enjoying Sniper Elite 3 if you are into slower paced, stealth shooters. It's $10 cheaper than most games new and I'd give it a look to see if it's something you would enjoy.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:10 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
I've been thoroughly enjoying Sniper Elite 3 if you are into slower paced, stealth shooters. It's $10 cheaper than most games new and I'd give it a look to see if it's something you would enjoy.
Thanks! I'll take a look!
Old 07-23-2014, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one.sixty.four View Post
Thanks so much! I do plan on buying PS+. Just to clarify driveclub will be free on PS+ or just partially free?
It was suggested pre PS4 launch that PS+ subscribers would get the full version minus a couple of cars, with delays and Sony speak that now translates to "PlayStation Plus Edition which comes with one location (India), 11 tracks, 10 cars and access to all game modes" which I think is roughly 20% of the full game as far as locations go. There is also apparently going to be a discount on the upgrade to full game option. Knowing Sony this will be $5 or $10
Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
It was suggested pre PS4 launch that PS+ subscribers would get the full version minus a couple of cars, with delays and Sony speak that now translates to "PlayStation Plus Edition which comes with one location (India), 11 tracks, 10 cars and access to all game modes" which I think is roughly 20% of the full game as far as locations go. There is also apparently going to be a discount on the upgrade to full game option. Knowing Sony this will be $5 or $10
Thanks! That's great to know before I go and drop $60 on it.