★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Walk, crawl, jump and shoot your way through the best mailman-simulator ever made!

The target of this game: Touch different areas of your touchscreen-device to motivate Depri-Horst (a shining example of a mailman) to jump, throw letters or just to stop for a moment and think about his horrible existence.

Many games have claimed to be the best mailman-simulator ever. But now, for the first time in history, this claim is really actually totally justified! Depri-Horst - The Miserable Mailman will bring tears of joy to your tiny little mailman-eyes while you desperately try to make out what is going on. Then you die and have to start from the last checkpoint.

This game currently features a story mode with seven levels/worlds/whatever, a never-ending survival mode and a main menu. Also: Extremely complex gameplay with up to 3 possible actions! More levels/worlds/whatever are planned! The more people buy this game, the more content the developer will produce in the future.

You can compete with other player via Game Center - but you don't have to, if you don't want to. But then you'll never ever find out who of your friends is better at guiding a dull mailman around unimaginative obstacle courses than you. Hint: It's probably everybody!

Here's a heart-breaking-story: This game was entirely made by one person. Graphics, sounds, music, programming, everything! By buying this game, you will totally boost his self-confidence! Maybe even rate this game some stars (around 5 should do) and tell your friends about it?

TL;DR: You want to own this game. Now.
07-23-2014, 12:05 AM

Game Center ID: copaeci

07-23-2014, 01:21 AM
What the f.... Actually this looks/sounds pretty cool
07-23-2014, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
What the f.... Actually this looks/sounds pretty cool
I agree, Has someone yet played this one? I really would like to hear someone's impression.
07-23-2014, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I agree, Has someone yet played this one? I really would like to hear someone's impression.
If there's no imps by the time I'm off work (2 hrs.), I'll TOFTT and be back with some info
07-23-2014, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
If there's no imps by the time I'm off work (2 hrs.), I'll TOFTT and be back with some info
Awesome thank you!!
07-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Hey there! I'm the developer of this game (also graphics and sound artist, and writer and everything).

I just wanted to let you know that there's another trailer besides the gameplay trailer. Here's a link and I hope you'll have a laugh.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by steffenw; 07-26-2014 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Fixed video link. damn.
07-26-2014, 03:08 AM
Saw an article about this on IndieStatik, anyone play it?
http://indiestatik.com/2014/07/24/depri-horst/
07-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Got a promo code for this. From the images, descriptions, never would have guessed this was a auto-running platformer. You can jump, stop, and throwing flaming letters. It's quirky and weird and I like the art style. Gameplay is fun, need to time jump and stops and shoot enemies and dangerous things. Thing I don't like is that the controls don't seem that responsive. Tapping to throw is good, but I think it would be better if there were buttons for jumping and stopping.
07-26-2014, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDude View Post
Got a promo code for this. From the images, descriptions, never would have guessed this was a auto-running platformer. You can jump, stop, and throwing flaming letters. It's quirky and weird and I like the art style. Gameplay is fun, need to time jump and stops and shoot enemies and dangerous things. Thing I don't like is that the controls don't seem that responsive. Tapping to throw is good, but I think it would be better if there were buttons for jumping and stopping.
Thanks for the feedback!

Here's why I didn't implement buttons to control Horst: I am unable to play with buttons on a touchscreen to move the character - IMO buttons work well when they are physical and you can feel them (like on a gamepad) so you can rest your fingers on them. Anyway... that's why all actions of the character have to be executed by touching a certain area of the screen.

Maybe I'll include an option to switch to button-based controls with one of the next updates, though. Depends on how many people complain about the controls. :/

While the the shooting and jumping areas are rather big the stopping-area is rather small. But you can keep your finger on the screen even after Horst has stopped and he will stand still until you lift that finger (you can move the finger around anywhere on the screen, it doesn't have to stay on Horst). That isn't explained in the game, though. I was hoping people would notice it while playing...