Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-23-2014, 07:22 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Default Revolution 60 by Brianna W. Wu

Quote:
The game is out now at NZ
Price is FREE, with IAP for full unlock (Probably US$5.99)
Size 774 MB - No Game Center

Compatibility
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Description
Revolution 60 is a breakthrough game for iOS, using the strength of the touch interface to tell an intense, movie-length story. It features gorgeous animations using the Unreal Engine and has gameplay that is accessible to the casual iOS user. It is fully voice acted, and lovingly animated with a cast of complex, strong female characters.

The press has called Revolution 60, "Heavy Rain meets Mass Effect." Players will control Holiday, a trained assassin using intuitive gestures with the touchscreen. Your mission is to regain control of the orbital weapons platform N313. Make your choices and accept the consequences.

Revolution 60 also has an intuitive yet deep combat system, designed for the touch screen. Players will battle on a grid, and strike when the moment is right with cinematic moves. Players of all skill levels can enjoy the combat of R60.

For best performance, we strongly recommend upgrading your device to the latest iOS version, and minimizing background apps while running. Revolution 60 supports the iPad 2 and all later models, the iPhone 4S and all later models, and the iPod Touch 5th gen. Support can be found at Revolution60.com/support
iPhone Screenshot

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 07-23-2014, 07:51 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna W. Wu
an intense, movie-length story
I am unsure what this means. I am hard-pressed to think of ANY scenario where a movie features a story even half as extensive as a story-focused computer game. Does this mean that the story is unusually short?

Quote:
Players of all skill levels can enjoy the combat of R60.
This is rarely indicative of a deep combat system...

Quote:
Revolution 60 also has an intuitive yet deep combat system, designed for the touch screen. Players will battle on a grid, and strike when the moment is right with cinematic moves.
...and indeed, judging from the trailer, the combat mechanics seem extremly simplistic.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:04 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
I am unsure what this means. I am hard-pressed to think of ANY scenario where a movie features a story even half as extensive as a story-focused computer game. Does this mean that the story is unusually short?

This is rarely indicative of a deep combat system...

...and indeed, judging from the trailer, the combat mechanics seem extremly simplistic.
The trailer was out since last year, the final version might different. I can't access vimeo here, but you can watch the video on their official site revolution60.com
Old 07-23-2014, 09:02 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
The trailer was out since last year, the final version might different. I can't access vimeo here, but you can watch the video on their official site revolution60.com
Only a cinematic trailer. What is available on YouTube shows the same combat mechanics.

I don't there is much reason to expect any drastic changes or extensions of the battle system, though.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:51 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

God, the artstyle looks awful! The screenshots are ugly as hell!
Old 07-23-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser74 View Post
God, the artstyle looks awful! The screenshots are ugly as hell!
I have to disagee, this game has real style. It's way better than so-called "photorealistic" games full of recycled stereotypes. I love the way the characters are animated and they have real attitude - I think I want this!

My only concern is that it may be too "on rails" - too little choice or strategy - but It definitely looks worth checking out.
I don't ask for "deep" combat, but like to have choices.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roleki View Post
I have to disagee, this game has real style. It's way better than so-called "photorealistic" games full of recycled stereotypes. I love the way the characters are animated and they have real attitude - I think I want this!.
Imagine I'd said this. ^_^ Really like the look here!

BTW, the trailer, "Broken", is over here. (Love the ending!)

A note of caution: at least on my iPad Air, it's failing to launch under iOS 8b4, reliably dying during the Unreal splash screen. Grf.. I'd really been looking forward to this. Hey ho - maybe b5 will fix the underlying issue.

Last edited by Porsupah; 07-23-2014 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Added URL for trailer
Old 07-23-2014, 06:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roleki View Post
I have to disagee, this game has real style. It's way better than so-called "photorealistic" games full of recycled stereotypes. I love the way the characters are animated and they have real attitude - I think I want this!

My only concern is that it may be too "on rails" - too little choice or strategy - but It definitely looks worth checking out.
I don't ask for "deep" combat, but like to have choices.
The game is all about choice. There are 24 different endings.

There's also a skill tree so as you level you can customize the main character's combat abilities.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:12 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Old 07-24-2014, 02:48 PM

This game is fantastic! It's a sweet blend between a Heavy Rain-style narrative presentation, Mass Effect/The Walking Dead-style conversation and choice system and Megaman Battle Network-style combat. Add to that a super rich game world - both graphically and narratively - this game should be an instant download for anyone; you can play a good chunk of the game for free, before being asked if you'd like to unlock the full game. But by that point I felt it already was worth every dollar. Two thumbs up and both pinkies out!