★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Eric Tong
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.8 MB
  • Version: 1.3.8
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Description in a capsule - "Tilt to move, shake to blast, shoot to kill - 2079"

-----------------------

8/10 SILVER AWARD - "Simple and refined, 2079 is the ideal portable top-down shooter." - PocketGamer.co.uk

4.5/5 - "Good graphics, innovative and great controls make this a fun game..." - 148apps.com

4/5 stars - "The controls are fantastic." - iPhone Games Network

"Besides the nicely polished retro feel to the game, it succeeds in the implementation of a very iPhone-centric control system." - toucharcade.com

4/5 stars - "Ive found myself sneaking in a game of 2079 in spare moments because since downloading it and playing it just once, I love it." - gotapps.com

"Other developers could learn a lot from this games smart approaches to controls." - iLounge

-----------------------

How long can you survive? This is a perfect game for you if you like the adrenaline of raking up points while staying alive in this addictive game.

Features:
- Addictive survival mode with ramping difficulty
- Play your own MP3 in game!
- Intuitive controls customized for the iPhone
- Beautiful graphics and sound effects
- Background auto-calibration!
- Online leaderboard for bragging rights!
- OpenFeint enabled

Gameplay features:
- Fluid accelerometer controls will allow you to fly through the tightest threats
- Shake the iPhone in the last minute to launch a devastating blast that can save your life!
- A virtual controller specifically designed to allow you to control shooting direction independent of ship movement, thereby avoiding the pitfalls of having your fingers obscure the screen
- Powerups for extra lives help you move up the scoring rank and more!

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome.

----------------------------

KEYWORDS: 2D, 3D, action, addictive, arcade, awesome, bargain, best, blast, combat, control, classic, cube, easter egg, fast, fly, fun, gameplay, geometry wars, hardcore, innovative, intuitive, retro, score, shake, ship, shooter, smooth, space, tilt, thrust, top

pluto6's comments:
Many people consider this to be one of the premier space shooters, and a bargain at its normal price of $2.99.

Price Drop to celebrate the birth of his daughter!!!

"Our first daughter was born safely today. It's time for a little celebration. Your game is on me!
Cheers,
Eric"

Congratulations Eric!!

One thread that discusses 2079 is here. 2079 thread

08-29-2009, 08:06 PM
huh..unexpected, but it has been out for a very long time now. Excellent control scheme, overall one of the best arena shooters still.

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::

08-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I bought 2079 the day it came out.. it hasn't left my device since. Through all the purges, this one has remained.
08-29-2009, 08:18 PM
i hate this game. i had the number one high score until they made the open feint update and it lost all high scores. and i don't want to sit there playing it for hours without turning it off again ha

good game though

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
08-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Ill try to pick this up.
08-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Price reduction is in celebration by the dev of his daughter being born.

Congrats to Eric Tong!

Jamie.
08-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Reason for the special offer!

From the App Store description:

"Our first daughter was born safely today. It's time for a little celebration. Your game is on me!
Cheers,
Eric"

Wow! Congratulations to the developer. Touch Arcade celebrates with you!

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
08-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Congrats to the dev on this wonderful day.
08-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
Congrats to the dev on this wonderful day.
Big Congrats as well!!

Love this game, been playing it since day one. Buy now, think later.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
08-29-2009, 08:55 PM
unbelieveable