★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rusty Moyher
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 30.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Astro Duel is a competitive local multiplayer game for iPad.

Inspired from endless nights of Super Bomberman, rounds are quick and death is sudden. 2 to 4 players blast each other using asteroid-style ships. The goal: KILL KILL KILL!!

=== Feature List ===

10 DYNAMIC ARENAS
Rich, varied arenas provide a host of hiding places and hazards. Use barriers and asteroids as cover. Avoid turrets, death beams, and black holes or you're dead.

MULTIPLE GAME MODES
Battle for the most kills in Headhunters, outlast your opponents in Pilot Execution, or join forces in Team Deathmatch.

DEVASTATING POWERUPS
Ships can be armed with offensive and defensive pickups including missiles, lasers, jousters and shields. Race to collect powerups to give yourself an edge or blast powerup-greedy opponents before they reach their prize.

iPAD CONTROLS
Up to 2 players can pilot their ships using just an iPad. No controllers required.

iPHONES AS CONTROLLERS
Pilot your ship wirelessly using an iPhone or iPod Touch (with the free Joypad app). By using just one iPhone, three players can play simultaneously. Connect more iPhones for more players.

GAMEPAD SUPPORT
Play with Bluetooth iOS 7 Controllers like the SteelSeries Stratus. Also supports iCade-compatible controllers and GameDock.

COMPUTER PLAYERS
Add any combination of AI ships. Practice solo against computer-controlled players, mix up free-for-alls, or battle Human vs Machine in a Team Deathmatch. Includes two levels of difficulty.

VARIANTS
Mix up play with a variety of game variants. Start every round with a specific Powerup. Add more asteroids or remove them entirely. Enable or disable fixed spawn, winner's mini-game, friendly fire, autobalance, start with shield and more.

=== YOUR SHIP A SPLODE ===

Rusty's comments:

07-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Hey gang! I just released Astro Duel for iPad.

Here's why I made Astro Duel and a few of my favorite things about it:
http://blog.rustymoyher.com/post/92636277638/astro-duel

07-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Sweeet! I've been waiting for this for a long time.

I play Glorkian Warrior because I am the Glorkian Warrior.
07-23-2014, 04:39 PM
This one was an instabuy. Thanks!

Finnish indie game developer. ottoojala.com
07-23-2014, 04:49 PM
It says also for Mac, intertwesting...

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Vegas Big Shot -- Proud owner: iPhone 6+ 128GB
07-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Downloaded it and played a few rounds with my son. This is going to be a new favorite, for sure.

I play Glorkian Warrior because I am the Glorkian Warrior.
07-23-2014, 10:31 PM
I downloaded it to my Mac. I need a controller, come on MadCatz!!! But looks great, and will give it a go on my iPad.
07-25-2014, 08:54 PM
This looks excellent! Really like the idea of using your iphone as a controller!
07-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Anyone have ideas for more levels? I'm playing with adding a couple more.

@Glorkbot Awesome!! <3

@ScotDamn Oh thanks! The controller idea was there from the very beginning. I originally planned it as a month long iPhone controller tech demo, but I had so much fun playing it with my brothers that I turned it into a full game.

@Crichton333 Oh yes! The Mac version right now is just on the Mac App Store. Here's the link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id891055437?mt=8
07-27-2014, 06:28 AM
How about a mode where you have to avoid being killed by box cat, or one where the first person to kill box cat wins. I think your game needs box cat lol.

Love the game by the way.