App description: #1 BEST IPHONE GAME OF THE YEAR - Gamezebo, 2014:

"The touchscreen controls are as precise as the level design, and the level design is exemplary. This isnt just a good example of how to do a platformer on mobile, this is a good example of how to do a platformer period.".

- Promoted "Best New Game" by Apple
- "Best iPhone Game of 2014" by Gamezebo
- #1 Hot Game @ Touch Arcade
- PocketGamer GOLD AWARD
- Gamezebo (earlier review): "Hands down, this is one of the best games of 2014"
- Touch Arcade: Rated 5 / 5
- ArcadeLife: Rated 9.5 / 10

TRAPS N' GEMSTONES is an adventurous platform game, among gamers typically known as the "Metroidvania" genre, from Donut Games, the developer behind chart-toppers Traffic Rush, Sunday Lawn, the "Rat On A" series and many others.

THE PLOT

Precious relics have suddenly started to disappear from a well-hid pyramid that has been guarded by Bedouins for generations, who claim to have spotted an unknown perpetrator.
As a freelance archaeologist and expert on ancient explorations, you've been secretly called in to Egypt to help them solve the mystery.

Arriving at the pyramid's entrance empty handed, your journey starts off by searching some well-known chambers for items and weapons to help you on your quest.
But as you get deeper into the pyramid, you begin to realize that this mystery will require more than just a whip, a sharp mind and a good amount of explosives to unravel.

GAME FEATURES

- Easy to use D-PAD controls
- Non-linear gameplay: Walk around and explore freely
- Non-destructive gameplay: When failing, you don't restart from the beginning, but at the entrance of the current chamber
- MAP OVERVIEW: Keep track of visited areas
- INVENTORY OVERVIEW: Keep track of found weapons, items and relics
- VARIETY IN GAMEPLAY: Run, roll, swim, slide, ride mine carts, etc
- NO IN-APP PURCHASES: Buy the game, get everything

TECH FEATURES

- Game Center support
- Widescreen support
- MFi Controller support
- ION Arcade Controller support
- Universal App (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
- Real-time sound spatialization: Hear the sound dynamically adapt to your surroundings, from large chambers to underwater swims

- PocketGamer.co.uk: "Traps n' Gemstones has come out of nowhere and whipped us round the chops with its excellence"

smes3817's comments:

It's here!
07-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Nice, I was hoping this was going to release soon. Instabuy

Edit: Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by ojtitus; 07-23-2014 at 03:11 PM.
07-23-2014, 03:12 PM
A bright spot in what was looking like a boring Wednesday (for me). Ive gotten so many of their games for free, that I owe them this one. Instabuy.
07-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Ha, ha, you can buy this without thinking twice. It's a Donut Games game.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Ha, ha, you can buy this without thinking twice. It's a Donut Games game.
So true this is.

Finally a (paid) game i'm interested in today, and the best thing is that i'm already playing it. No waiting for 1am tomorrow, cool.

First impression are great. Playing as "Donut Jones" with rolling, jumping and a satisfying whiplash is already worth the price. Seems to be a big cavey world where you have to come back to certain caves once you've found the right equipment to pass it. I'm in the very beginning and so far leads one mistake to instant death. Game on...
07-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Oh yeah... Surprise release? I didn't hear anything on TA about it being released today. Just the article about it a week or two ago. Just wait, rich_952000 will be joining this thread any time now Downloading now...
07-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
Oh yeah... Surprise release? I didn't hear anything on TA about it being released today. Just the article about it a week or two ago. Just wait, rich_952000 will be joining this thread any time now Downloading now...
Yep, you got that right surprise insta-purchase for me. I was anticipating this one more than MC5! It sucks I've got to head to work for a 12 hr shift, but I'll already have this on my phone to look forward to...
07-23-2014, 04:37 PM
No Android launch sale?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Yep, you got that right surprise insta-purchase for me. I was anticipating this one more than MC5! It sucks I've got to head to work for a 12 hr shift, but I'll already have this on my phone to look forward to...
Haha! Nice. I knew I could count on you. You're in for a treat when you get done with work. I was super excited about this too. And after only playing for about a half hour I can already tell this is going to be great. Awesome metroidvania feel. I was kinda bummed that I lost my coins when I died, but that's the only nitpick I've got.