★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rectang.com
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.2 MB
  • Version: 1.2.7
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: SpinGuru is an addictive game of skill, reflexes, logic and determination.

The object of the game is to spin your stick from the start point to the end point with the highest score possible. You can maximise your score by finding the shortest route and picking up all the bonuses.

Sounds simple? Watch your time and don't mess with the enemies - they could end your game rather early.

This beautiful and rich game introduces the game concepts one at a time with a full set of training levels that anyone can handle. Once you have mastered the training you are dropped into the forest for a world that fast approaches impossible.

Once you have completed each level be sure to go back and try your luck beating the global score board! Also check the list of achievements for extra points you can earn and show off to your friends on GameCenter.

pluto6's comments:
Looks like it could be a pretty interesting game - puzzle type app from the screen shots - love to see a video in action.

SpinGuru is an addictive game of skill, reflexes, logic and determination.

The object of the game is to spin your stick from the start point to the end point with the highest score possible. You can maximise your score by finding the shortest route and picking up all the bonuses.

Sounds simple? Watch your time and don't mess with the enemies - they could end your game rather early.

This beautiful and rich game introduces the game concepts one at a time with a full set of training levels that anyone can handle. Once you have mastered the training you are dropped into the forest for a world that fast approaches impossible.

Once you have completed each level be sure to go back and try to beat your score - the bonuses will give you a huge boost but it might cost the game trying to find them!
08-31-2009, 06:49 PM
SpinGuru Demo Video

Hi! We hope that this quick video we compiled of the SpinGuru game will whet your appetite...

http://rectang.com/Software/SpinGuru/Demo/

Last edited by DaveMc99; 08-31-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: nvm

08-31-2009, 06:50 PM
08-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Ohhh... it did - magnets... I knew it looked like a puzzle type game... looks pretty good.. control is going to be everything in this one though... could be really frustrating if not correct...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-31-2009, 06:57 PM
wow it looks pretty good

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-31-2009, 07:13 PM
handyande -

welcome to TA - I am pretty tempted to pick this one up. Can you tell me how many levels are in the game?

And I have a 3Gs - I note that things are in the works for being fixed so that would not deter me from getting this...

Thanks for the help.

08-31-2009, 07:23 PM
It's pretty fun, the only thing holding it back at the moment is the lack of levels. There are only 16 currently, and 8 of them are "tutorial" levels. It does lead one to believe there are a whole lot more planned though, particularly as the Forest level is prefaced by the numbers 01.

The 3GS fix will make things even better (as currently it's way too fast, and needs a restart every level to bring it back to speed), but yeah...definitely more levels are needed to really round this out as a must-have puzzler.

For those concerned about the controls, don't be. They're spot on, and are half the fun in working out the best route to get the highest score possible. Some of the levels require quite alot of dexterity to avoid the traps, particularly if you pick up a speed bonus!

Good fun, and in light of it being only .99c, if you're into quirky puzzle games, this should be right down your alley (particularly if more levels are coming!).
08-31-2009, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windburn View Post
It's pretty fun, the only thing holding it back at the moment is the lack of levels. There are only 16 currently, and 8 of them are "tutorial" levels. It does lead one to believe there are a whole lot more planned though, particularly as the Forest level is prefaced by the numbers 01.

The 3GS fix will make things even better (as currently it's way too fast, and needs a restart every level to bring it back to speed), but yeah...definitely more levels are needed to really round this out as a must-have puzzler.

For those concerned about the controls, don't be. They're spot on, and are half the fun in working out the best route to get the highest score possible. Some of the levels require quite alot of dexterity to avoid the traps, particularly if you pick up a speed bonus!

Good fun, and in light of it being only .99c, if you're into quirky puzzle games, this should be right down your alley (particularly if more levels are coming!).
wow 3 toftts in 1 day very nice, might get this now

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windburn View Post

You are not going to have any money left at the rate you are going....

08-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
You are not going to have any money left at the rate you are going....
Haha, well consider today special.
I've honestly been checking out these forums daily for months now as a means of aiding my own purchasing decisions, so I've helped myself generously to everyone elses TOFTT's, time to give back some of my own?

You're right though, I hope I haven't set the bar too high for myself. I'll have to ask you guys to lower your expectations from hereon in, I'll spend more time crafting quality reviews on games rather than cranking out a TOFTT on every release I'm interested in :P

More than happy to do my part and throw in a TOFTT every now and then though! Luckily I work