★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rot8 colorful Arcade and SUPER FAST game

07-24-2014, 01:26 AM
Rot8 colorful Arcade and SUPER FAST game

What is Rot8 ?

Rot8 is a a very colorful and very fast mobile game. The concept is simple and it requires only few seconds to understand everything in the game, just rotate to catch the correct balls.

Any other specific rules ??

Yes, and they are fairly simple, here is a quick list :
  • Catching a ball with the opposite color will end the game
  • Catching the ball with the white circle will reduce your score
  • if your score downgrade to zero the game will end
  • if you catch 8 balls youíll move to the next level, which will change the colors of everything on stage and also destroy all the balls giving you a a little time of rest (trust me you will be very grateful)

How to play the game ?

The main control i want to use is the one with the two buttons in the bottom of the screen, just press one of the buttons and it will rotate the paddles to the chosen direction, however, am trying to implement another type of control but unfortunately i still have no luck to make it work correctly with the high speed rhythm of the game, maybe it can be useful for a ďrelax modeĒ ?

Is there any other upcoming features ?

Yes, leaderboard and achievements are very importants in this kind of games and iíll make sure to include both of these as soon as possible.

When will the game is going to be finished ?

Am sure that everything will be done within two months.

So the game will be released after two months ?

No, i still doesnít have any publishing plans, not even knowledge, also in the current moment am only able to make builds for Android because thatís the only platform am able to deploy on (i cannot test the game on any other system because i donít even have the system)

So you will only publish on Android ?

NO WAY!! iíll make sure to make the game available on all the other platforms, but this is not a bug in the code or something that require my development skills to solve, this is something that simply require money.

Any chance we can try the game now ?

Absolutely !! you can try the game on your browser in this link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88553415/TripleShape/TripleShape.html

or download the APK and play on your Android device from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/xy2xk84pygwj2p6/Rotate_2.apk

I hope you guys enjoy the game and i'll be more than happy to read your feedback !!

Thank you very much and have a great day

Last edited by aladine; 07-24-2014 at 01:36 AM.
07-24-2014, 03:25 AM
can we play in landscape mode? a game like this is more comfortable to be played in landscape mode IMO

Game Center ID: copaeci

Last edited by copaeci; 07-24-2014 at 03:43 AM. Reason: typo
07-24-2014, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
can we plat in landscape mode? a game like this is more comfortable to be played in landscape mode IMO
Thank you for your feedback!!
i'll make sure to include that as soon as possible, other than that, is there any particular thing you don't like ? or anything you like ??
07-24-2014, 04:22 AM
Interesting mechanic. With some slightly upgraded artwork this could be a really promising game.

I'm curious about how it would play if you could rotate the paddles by physically rotating the phone/tablet in your hands.
07-24-2014, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NthDegree View Post
Interesting mechanic. With some slightly upgraded artwork this could be a really promising game.
Thank you !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NthDegree View Post
I'm curious about how it would play if you could rotate the paddles by physically rotating the phone/tablet in your hands.
No i didn't mean rotating the entire device
in that control mode you rotate the paddle using the "stick" in the bottom of the screen, but it doesn't work like the usual stick cause it's wrong to do it like that, you can give it a try in the browser if you want (click = touch)