App description: Fight your way through the Mayan Underworld in this retro First Person Shooter. The path leads you through lush jungles, eerie catacombs and high tech bases filled with dangerous creatures, traps, vital powerups and weapons.

The intuitive and precise controls provide an amazing gaming experience while the dark ambient soundtrack and high quality sound effects build a dense atmosphere.

The game features 6 different levels, 3 weapons, 6 types of enemies and an epic boss battle. And if that isn't enough, you can test your skill with the even more challenging "hard mode".

Headphones recommended!
07-24-2014, 04:36 AM
Horrible title, but... HOLY SHIP! This looks like classic Doom!

07-24-2014, 05:40 AM
(Like X-Type this is another little gem from this Dev)

"The intuitive and precise controls provide an amazing gaming experience while the dark ambient soundtrack and high quality sound effects build a dense atmosphere. Use your headphones."

Having no crosshairs (you shoot/aim the middle of the screen) is something to get used to but everything else is spot on, and so are the controls !

For free and this little size a must-try for all shooter fans, no doubt.
07-25-2014, 06:53 AM
Still not available in the US.... I'm bummed now, I was developing a game somewhat like this. XD
07-25-2014, 12:16 PM
That was some horrible timing on my end. I apologize :/

The game was actually intended to be released on monday (with an accompanying blog post etc.). There was some screw up with iTunes Connect - I thought I pulled it from the store fast enough before anyone would notice, but apparently I didn't. Sorry about that.

Xibalba should be back in the AppStore now!

(Edit: seems to be still missing in some stores; check again in a few minutes please)

Again, sorry about the confusion. I promise the game will stay available now

Last edited by phoboslab; 07-25-2014 at 12:35 PM.
07-25-2014, 01:38 PM
It's back up in the UK. Really good game, and the controls are spot on. Does it have mfi support? If not is it something that you might add?
07-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Still not out in Canada.
EDIT: Never mind, sorry. Yay!
07-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Thank you for letting us know it's back up! I've been feverishly refreshing the App Store for the past day as this game looks amazing.
07-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Hmm, that square in the corner spins for a while, then stops. I waited a while and nothing happened. On a fourth gen iPod.
07-25-2014, 05:20 PM
smooth gameplay. very easy controls and easy to understand mechanics. Definitely a masterpiece