★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 3D action / arcade mini game!
Lead as many of your tribe of followers to the stone circle on top of the volcano god Krakatoa Jr. for sacrifice as you can to score.

You control the tribes leader through 12 levels of ever increasingly frantic volcanic bongo driven action, avoiding the lava and boulders that roll down the slopes to appease Krakatoa Jr.

Tips:-

Try not to touch the tribe leader directly, you can touch and hold anywhere on the edge of the screen to move in that direction, or change the control to tilt mode in the menu.
Group your tribe by drawing circles quickly on the volcano.
Make sure all of your tribe are inside the stone circle at the end of the path to score

PLAYERS: One

EFC's comments:

Heres a promo video for you to check out:-

Youtube link | Pop Up

update is out! praise the itunes pixies!

Bug fix:-
OS 2.0 support.
Sound Balanced.
Follower spawn graphic bug fixed.
Lava collision now not sticky.
Touching on Ocean now activates movement.

New Features:-
Stone circle indicates area followers must be inside to score.
2 new levels, 3 new maps, total of 12 levels now.
Tourist and Princess bonus characters added.
Golden Flip-flop speed power up added.
Accelerometer control added to menu as Tilt.
Menu and level intro new backgrounds.

Improvements:-
Game now easier to complete.
level intros level requirements now clearer.
bongo audio button now pauses.

Thanks for looking.

Robin.
Every Frame Counts Ltd.
08-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Wasn't this the "Sacrifice the Virgin" game?

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.

08-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I have been playing this game and while there are a few areas that need a little polish (which the dev is already working on), this is a fun, casual type game with an interesting premise.

Your are the tribal leader/priest and you must lead your line of sacrificees to the fire altar at the top of the mountain to calm the volcano, Krakatoa Jr. Each level you lead a longer and longer line of people while trying to reach the top and you must find your way through longer and more intricate mazes of lava while dodging volcanic rocks and boulders. Also, the minimum required sacrifice goes up with each level and if you don't have enough followers by the end, the volcano god is angry and the game ends.

The first few levels are pretty straightforward in the path you have to follow, but I believe at level 6 I encountered a couple of dead ends and had to backtrack losing followers to more boulders so the game does get pretty darn challenging as you progress. You will be relying on timing, your reflexes, and some luck along the way.

You control the tribal priest and line of sacrificees with a lure type control system...whichever direction you move your finger the priest moves and everyone else follows. I found it easiest to use my index fingers of both hands to control up/down movement and left to right as this avoided, for the most part, my obscuring the screen with my fingers...especially important when you have 24 people following you and have to watch for falling boulders along the entire line.

Pros:
-fun, simple gameplay
-touch controls work well
-local high scores/stats - no global yet
-nice tribal drum music

Cons: (these are being addressed by the dev already)
-the sounds/music are a bit quiet
-the ocean does not register your touch so sometimes when you are at the top of your screen it can be a little tricky keeping your line going, but the majority of your time is spent lower down on the screen or heading towards the lower edge
-occassionally you can get hung up along the lava path when making a sharp turn so make sure you don't hug right along the edge

Tip - guide your priest right into the sacrificial fire to register end of the level; otherwise you could be standing right at the end point with boulders coming and lose some sacrifices at the last moment

Something I'd like to see is the ability to earn 'lives'...right now it's one failure and game over. I think it could be neat either based on points/extra sacrifices delivered to earn extra lives. There are also no powerups right now, but those are also coming up.

Like I said, overall a fun, casual game with a different kind of premise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
08-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Anyone playing this?

I picked it up sort of a lark- the idea is pretty funny -

Devil's views are pretty good - hopefully the developer will have some interest on the board here - I think that the game has potential - there are some rough spots - with some love - could really be a lot of fun.

Watching the rocks bowl over a bunch of followers is pretty funny - frustrating as it seems to happen near the end mostly.

Volume needs to be adjusted. Pretty funny game though...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
Cons: (these are being addressed by the dev already)
-the sounds/music are a bit quiet
-the ocean does not register your touch so sometimes when you are at the top of your screen it can be a little tricky keeping your line going,
-occassionally you can get hung up along the lava path when making a sharp turn so make sure you don't hug right along the edge

Something I'd like to see is the ability to earn 'lives'...right now it's one failure and game over. I think it could be neat either based on points/extra sacrifices delivered to earn extra lives. There are also no powerups right now, but those are also coming up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
hopefully the developer will have some interest on the board here - I think that the game has potential - there are some rough spots - with some love - could really be a lot of fun.
Regarding the update

Im totally on the case with the sound... the levels tricky spots will all get collision looked at.. im going to try and get the code to keep you moving .. but not over the lava, and yes touching on the water will be added, though the tribe will not go in the water at this time, they may in the future.
unity iphone 1.5 has given me a few more frames per second to push my 3d about.. so thats in the update, im also looking at special characters that are worth extra points should they survive the acent to the altar..maybe they can be tied into DG's request for extra lives... the altar is changing to be a stone circle indicating the area you have to get your tribe into... speed pick up and at least 3 more levels should make the update. if i can get my gui drawcalls down to 1 or 2 i should have alot more cpu to add followers, and another type of obstacle i wanted to add first time round. fingers crossed... update in 2-3 weeks.

my highest score is around 16000 and took about 10 minutes
but thats after about 4 weeks of playing it solid. if you get to the finish screen easily pm me.
08-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh wow, this is so tempting!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
08-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFC View Post
Regarding the update

Im totally on the case with the sound... the levels tricky spots will all get collision looked at.. im going to try and get the code to keep you moving .. but not over the lava, and yes touching on the water will be added, though the tribe will not go in the water at this time, they may in the future.
unity iphone 1.5 has given me a few more frames per second to push my 3d about.. so thats in the update, im also looking at special characters that are worth extra points should they survive the acent to the altar..maybe they can be tied into DG's request for extra lives... the altar is changing to be a stone circle indicating the area you have to get your tribe into... speed pick up and at least 3 more levels should make the update. if i can get my gui drawcalls down to 1 or 2 i should have alot more cpu to add followers, and another type of obstacle i wanted to add first time round. fingers crossed... update in 2-3 weeks.

but thats after about 4 weeks of playing it solid. if you get to the finish screen easily pm me.
awesome, the next update will definitely bring some cool stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
08-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Regarding the update

You mean just in general, or a power up?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
08-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi Fletch, yeah a power up.. you know the other huts on the levels.. you may just be able to make them out... i had lofty ideas about these being places you can rescue and replenish your tribe in the early days... the way the power up i hope will work is that you can visit a special hut.. and come out running at a faster pace for a limited time.
I also hope to be able to add invunerabilty.. as a power up.. maybe youll need to run round a statue or something.
my first idea was that by drawing certain symbols with the tribe.. you would conjure the effect.. but it blew my coders mind when i mentioned it so.. thatll only happen if i make back the dev cost.

Cheers,
Robin.
08-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Hi Fletch, yeah a power up.. you know the other huts on the levels.. you may just be able to make them out... i had lofty ideas about these being places you can rescue and replenish your tribe in the early days... the way the power up i hope will work is that you can visit a special hut.. and come out running at a faster pace for a limited time.
I also hope to be able to add invunerabilty.. as a power up.. maybe youll need to run round a statue or something.
my first idea was that by drawing certain symbols with the tribe.. you would conjure the effect.. but it blew my coders mind when i mentioned it so.. thatll only happen if i make back the dev cost.

Cheers,
Robin.
Sweet. That is what I was hoping. And I was just about to suggest invincibility too. I really like the idea of entering special huts/running around special statues. That would be really cool.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein