Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-24-2014, 08:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Adventure To Fate : Battle Arena

Its been about 2 months since the release of my first game "Adventure To Fate : A Quest To The Core JRPG". The game has done great but I feel like because its a premium game I have missed out on about 75% of users.

Adventure To Fate : Battle Arena (working title) is a free version of the first ATF. Honestly its more than just a free version but a bit less than a sequel. I would say its ATF 1.5.

Adventure To Fate : Battle Arena keeps most of the first game but adds a ton new features.

Here is a list of the new features in the game.
Crafting which includes a material system which you can craft into quite a few things (Weapons, Armors, Potions, and more to come)

Material loot every battle you have a chance to loot materials which you use to craft items.

Fate Gem Loot every battle you have a chance to loot gems these will be in game currency to to create epic items, unlock classes/races, upgrade bags/vaults, purchase heirlooms, create custom items and npcs.

Modification Potions stat potions, heal over time potions, action potions.

Belt system certain belts allow you to hold more potions per battle

Deeper item stat system exp mod, gold mod, vamp sp, regain sp, regain hp.

New Monster Skills skills such as summons, revivals, gold stealing and potion usage will be coming to monsters.

New Player Skills Players will be gaining end game skills as well as minor balancing modifications to current skills.

New Stat Intelligence Players will now have an intelligence stat. This is a mostly casting stat will work much like strength does for physical attacks. Wisdom will now work like agility in that it will mostly affect hit and dodge rather than damage amounts (intel will be damage amounts now).

Here are a list of features I might be putting into the game.

Profession system when you chose a class and race you will also choose a profession this will allow you to craft either. Metals, Leathers, Cloths or Potions.
(Currently anyone can craft anything but I might change it to a profession system).

Account Vaults this way you can pass items from character to character

Custom Items you will be able to create totally custom items. (name, picture, power). This will most likely be an end game feature but it should be pretty cool. I wanted to get this in the first version of the game but it was very very hard to balance now I have an idea of how i should do it.

Custom NPCs will work the same as custom items.

Custom Skills/Spells will work the same as custom items.

So this is just a little preview of what I am working on. I have most of whats above working in game I just need to figure out how I am going to present things in game. I will be coming here with questions of how I should do stuff so I would love for some feedback.

Feel free to tell me what you think so far and I will use this as somewhat of a game progress journal.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:29 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I enjoyed the first game and this one sounds awesome!
Old 07-25-2014, 04:29 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Spent most of the day coding.

Implemented the following:

Belts
-the amount of potions a character can carry into battle is determined by belt slots. (think d2) I really loved this system in d2 and think it adds a bit of strategy to the game. You can either use a belt with a lot of slots or you can choose a belt with less slots but better stat mods.

Stat Boosting Potions
-Potions can now boost your stats during matches. The following can be boosted by potions.

Code:
[item.iStam intValue];
[item.iStam intValue];

[item.iHP intValue];
[item.iHP intValue];
[item.iSP intValue];
[item.iSP intValue];

[item.iStr intValue];
[item.iInt intValue];
[item.iAgi intValue];
[item.iEnd intValue];
[item.iWis intValue];
[item.iLuck intValue];
[item.iAC intValue];

[item.iCritDamage doubleValue];
[item.iCritChance doubleValue];
[item.iVampHPPer doubleValue];
[item.iVampSPPer doubleValue];

[item.iPoisonPer doubleValue];
[item.iPoisonDmg doubleValue];
[item.iPoisonRounds doubleValue];
[item.iStunPer doubleValue];
[item.iStunRounds doubleValue];

[item.iBlock doubleValue];
[item.iFizzleChance doubleValue];
[item.iRegainHP doubleValue];
[item.iRegainSP doubleValue];

With limited belt slots and the introduction of stat boosting potions there will be quite a bit more strategy in what you decide to bring into battle.

I feel the alchemist will be an appealing profession because of this.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:15 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Added about 40 new items to the game (mostly crafting items)

Working on a +1 system on items ATM. This way when crafting and looting you'll have a chance at diff items each time.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:53 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Just reworked the inventory system to allow for auto item stacking (this was important for crafts).

I am still setting the crafts for each profession so I dont have those but here is a preview of what the professions might look like:

Alchemist
-Can craft potions and maybe some foods (healing for out of battle).
-They will have the advantage of the best potions (healing / statmod) throughout the game. maybe even some perm stat potions

Blacksmith
-Can craft heavy armors and weapons out of mostly metals
-Will have the advantage of the best weapons and some of the best heavy armors

Leatherworking
-Can craft leather armors and larger belts (hold more potions)
-Will have the advantage of the best medium armors and larger belts

Tailoring
-Can craft cloth armors and larger belts (hold more potions)
-Will have the advantage of the best light armors and larger belts

Jeweler
-Can craft jewelery (rings, amulets, bracelets, crowns)
-Will have the advantage of the best jewelery

When choosing a profession youll have a choice of your armor class crafting, alchemy or jeweler.

I want to keep the system simple enough for everyone to use but have enough diversity to be exciting and fun.

Im thinking about having 3-4 main ingredients per profession and 3-4 side ingredients.

for example leatherworker might have 3-4 leathers (scraps, tanned, heavy, beast) and then 3-4 additions (magic essence, vine stringing, bone dust, beast blood).

anyways thats what i have so far if you have any input id be glad to hear thanks!
Old 07-30-2014, 05:39 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchmint View Post
Just reworked the inventory system to allow for auto item stacking (this was important for crafts).

I am still setting the crafts for each profession so I dont have those but here is a preview of what the professions might look like:

Alchemist
-Can craft potions and maybe some foods (healing for out of battle).
-They will have the advantage of the best potions (healing / statmod) throughout the game. maybe even some perm stat potions

Blacksmith
-Can craft heavy armors and weapons out of mostly metals
-Will have the advantage of the best weapons and some of the best heavy armors

Leatherworking
-Can craft leather armors and larger belts (hold more potions)
-Will have the advantage of the best medium armors and larger belts

Tailoring
-Can craft cloth armors and larger belts (hold more potions)
-Will have the advantage of the best light armors and larger belts

Jeweler
-Can craft jewelery (rings, amulets, bracelets, crowns)
-Will have the advantage of the best jewelery

When choosing a profession youll have a choice of your armor class crafting, alchemy or jeweler.

I want to keep the system simple enough for everyone to use but have enough diversity to be exciting and fun.

Im thinking about having 3-4 main ingredients per profession and 3-4 side ingredients.

for example leatherworker might have 3-4 leathers (scraps, tanned, heavy, beast) and then 3-4 additions (magic essence, vine stringing, bone dust, beast blood).

anyways thats what i have so far if you have any input id be glad to hear thanks!
Everything sounds great so far
Old 08-12-2014, 05:41 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Still polishing up on the crafting system. Added about 15 more materials to the game and broke blacksmith into 2 professions (weapon smith and armor smith).

Now working on adding a few monsters / skills to act 4 and creating a whole new act 5 that will be snow/ice based.

Ill post a little preview pic and maybe gif of the crafting view once I get on my pc.