Adventure To Fate : Battle Arena

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Touchmint, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #1 Touchmint, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    OFFICIAL TRAILER

Launching January 22nd

- The Story The Tournament of Fate -
    100 years ago this day Castle Cardell was saved from the diabolical Sir Thanatos and his evil minions. A hero much like yourself sacrificed his life to save not just Castle Cardell but the whole realm!

On this 100 year anniversary we have decided to celebrate by holding The Tournament of Fate. Heros from all over the realm have come to stake their claim at greatness and untold riches!

The Tournament of Fate will test strength, endurance, wits and most of all heart. Only the greatest of all champions stand even a chance at completing this heroic task but if they do they will be remembered for all time!

The Tournament of Fate takes place in five different arenas. Each arena includes a battle ring, shop, vault and two portals. To start a battle round head to the battle ring and enter. Once you complete an arena you can head to the northern portal which will take you to the next area. Good luck and may the gods be with you!

- Customize Your Hero -
    Use an old school roller to create a fully unique character
    6 Classes - Knight, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Druid, Paladin
    6 Races - Human, Elf, Orc, Gnome, Vampire, Dwarf
    6 Professions - Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Leatherworker, Tailor, Jeweler, Alchemist
    Leveling system that goes up to 30 levels

- Crafting System -
    6 Professions - Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Leatherworker, Tailor, Jeweler, Alchemist
    150+ Items to craft
    30+ Materials to work with
    Share Items between characters using the Account Vault

- Tournament of Fate -
    5 Themed Battle Arenas (Classic Dungeon, Desert, Jungle, Undead, Frost)
    Each arena has its own unique enemies, spells, shops, vaults, items and much more!

- Battle Evil Within -
    125 Arena Stages (With hundreds of unique monsters to fight)
    20+ boss encounters
    Turn-based combat (JRPG style)

- In Depth Stat & Skill System -
    Featuring 70+ Spells/Skills
    Damaging skills - These are direct physical attacks that damage the enemy
    Damaging spells - These are direct magical attacks that damage the enemy
    Damaging All spells (AOE) - These are direct magical attacks that damage ALL enemies
    Summoning spells - Allows certain enemies to summon others to help
    Healing HP spells - These are spells that heal the casters life/hitpoints (HP)
    Healing SP spells - These are spells that heal the casters skill points (SP)
    Buffing skills - A skill that user casts on itself to raise some stats
    Debuffing skills - A skill the caster casts on enemies to lower some stats

- Endless Loot & Treasures -
    325+ unique items
    12 equipment slots to to fully customize your characters - (Weapon, Shield, Helmet, Chest, Gloves, Legs, Boots, Belt, Bracelet, Necklace, 2x Rings)
    Randomized drops on all monsters
    Item rarity color system (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary)
    *Share* all your items with the Account Vault System.

- Other Features -
    Indie created game built for the people!
    NO pay wall game is built to be played for free!
    100s of hours of game play between all classes!
    Autosave feature - Easy to pick up and play at any time!
    Unlimited character slots so you can try every combination possible.
    Retro Pixel Art
    8Bit sound/music
    Library system that explains general game, character, skills and combat systems.

2. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    I enjoyed the first game and this one sounds awesome! :D

3. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Spent most of the day coding.

Implemented the following:

Belts
    -the amount of potions a character can carry into battle is determined by belt slots. (think d2) I really loved this system in d2 and think it adds a bit of strategy to the game. You can either use a belt with a lot of slots or you can choose a belt with less slots but better stat mods.

Stat Boosting Potions
    -Potions can now boost your stats during matches. The following can be boosted by potions.

Code:
    [item.iStam intValue];
    [item.iStam intValue];

[item.iHP intValue];
    [item.iHP intValue];
    [item.iSP intValue];
    [item.iSP intValue];

[item.iStr intValue];
    [item.iInt intValue];
    [item.iAgi intValue];
    [item.iEnd intValue];
    [item.iWis intValue];
    [item.iLuck intValue];
    [item.iAC intValue];

[item.iCritDamage doubleValue];
    [item.iCritChance doubleValue];
    [item.iVampHPPer doubleValue];
    [item.iVampSPPer doubleValue];

[item.iPoisonPer doubleValue];
    [item.iPoisonDmg doubleValue];
    [item.iPoisonRounds doubleValue];
    [item.iStunPer doubleValue];
    [item.iStunRounds doubleValue];

[item.iBlock doubleValue];
    [item.iFizzleChance doubleValue];
    [item.iRegainHP doubleValue];
    [item.iRegainSP doubleValue];

With limited belt slots and the introduction of stat boosting potions there will be quite a bit more strategy in what you decide to bring into battle.

I feel the alchemist will be an appealing profession because of this.

4. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Added about 40 new items to the game (mostly crafting items)

Working on a +1 system on items ATM. This way when crafting and looting you'll have a chance at diff items each time.

5. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Just reworked the inventory system to allow for auto item stacking (this was important for crafts).

I am still setting the crafts for each profession so I dont have those but here is a preview of what the professions might look like:

Alchemist
    -Can craft potions and maybe some foods (healing for out of battle).
    -They will have the advantage of the best potions (healing / statmod) throughout the game. maybe even some perm stat potions

Blacksmith
    -Can craft heavy armors and weapons out of mostly metals
    -Will have the advantage of the best weapons and some of the best heavy armors

Leatherworking
    -Can craft leather armors and larger belts (hold more potions)
    -Will have the advantage of the best medium armors and larger belts

Tailoring
    -Can craft cloth armors and larger belts (hold more potions)
    -Will have the advantage of the best light armors and larger belts

Jeweler
    -Can craft jewelery (rings, amulets, bracelets, crowns)
    -Will have the advantage of the best jewelery

When choosing a profession youll have a choice of your armor class crafting, alchemy or jeweler.

I want to keep the system simple enough for everyone to use but have enough diversity to be exciting and fun.

Im thinking about having 3-4 main ingredients per profession and 3-4 side ingredients.

for example leatherworker might have 3-4 leathers (scraps, tanned, heavy, beast) and then 3-4 additions (magic essence, vine stringing, bone dust, beast blood).

anyways thats what i have so far if you have any input id be glad to hear thanks!

6. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Everything sounds great so far :D

7. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Still polishing up on the crafting system. Added about 15 more materials to the game and broke blacksmith into 2 professions (weapon smith and armor smith).

Now working on adding a few monsters / skills to act 4 and creating a whole new act 5 that will be snow/ice based.

Ill post a little preview pic and maybe gif of the crafting view once I get on my pc.

8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Spent the last few months updating apps for Ios 8 / new iPhones so development stalled a bit but should be back on track now.

Added quite a bit more crafts and the vault system. This will allow extra storage and more importantly the ability to transfer crafts between characters on the same account. Since each character only has one profession this will be pretty importing seeing end game NPCs will be pretty hard.

I'll update again soon until then feel free to ask any questions or comment.

9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Here is a little preview of the revamped character creation screen.

As you'll see you can select a profession and all classes have 2 starting skills now.

Attached Files:

10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    As promised trying to post a bit more. Here is the vault system (fully functional just needs some design work). This will allow you to transfer items from character to character within your account. It's important because each character can only have 1 crafting profession and towards the end npcs will be so hard you will need the best items you can get.

Anyways took a little longer than I thought since I had to do a rewrite of the database but here it is for now.

Attached Files:

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looking nice! Really need to finish ATF asap before the semi-sequel hits!

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea this semi-sequel just keeps getting better and better. I'm really happy with all the features I've been able to add. hopefully I'll have a test flight build in a few weeks so people can help test everything. With all the new stuff it's going to be hard to balance the game without a team of testers.

13. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Here is a little preview of the crafting screen. This screen shows the jeweler crafting profession.

When you make your character you'll be able to choose 1 profession that will help your character along the way. You'll use materials that you find as you battle your way through the arena.

Attached Files:

14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Spent most of the day testing levels 1-10 on all classes and adjusting. Plan on creating new maps and finishing up content for levels 18-25 this week. Hoping to submit to apple by the end of the month depending on how figuring out how iap works as well as keychain to restore purchases.

Hopefully I'll have testflight set up in about two weeks would anyone be interested in testing if I decide to give testflight a try?

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sure thing. I'll help you out in beta. :)

16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I have a TestFlight account and I'd be willing to check it out for you and smash some buggies if need be.

Thanks and just PM me when you are ready to go.

My TF email is [email protected]

17. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Cool to see you guys willing to help!

Like I said ive never messed it so as long as it doesnt take me too long to figure it out it should be a go.

I made some great progress this weekend and will keep posting updates as time goes.

Keep in mind its basically a "free" version of the first adventure to fate with a ton of extra features. Right now I am figuring out how to redesign the game around a free model without just tossing a bunch of ads in there haha. I will try to post a video maybe next week or so as well.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Crap i just found out the new testflight requires iOS8. :p

19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea that is kind of lame.

I was thinking about going through the review process then using my promo codes to allow people "test" the game and then rejecting/resubbing the new build. I assume this would work but my only concern would be losing my 2 week new app boost from apple. I will search around to see if something like this will work. I dont need tons of testers so this might be the simplest option.

20. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i'm also keeping an eye on this, and regarding the promo codes, like i tell anyone i can: if you give them, don't just post them in the thread, lurkers will take them and you will receive nothing from them. If you give promos, post and say that if anyone is interested in writing impressions, to pm you for a promo code. That way you give codes and get feedback / posts in your game thread in return.