★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What if I launched a hidden Amiga Emulator

07-25-2014, 08:28 AM
What if I launched a hidden Amiga Emulator

Let's suppose I take an Amiga freeware. Anyone, like this one:

Make it run on iOS with an embedded emulator and, secretly hide a way to load other ADFs, like those:

and so many others...
Ignoring copyright, if it's legal or not (it's not, we all know) and not mentioning the fact that it will be removed after a short while...

How much would you pay for it?
2.99?
3.99?
6.99?

Rgds,
Mongapop
07-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Shadow of the beast, Turrican, kick off and sensible soccer, I would be so happy to have those games! If the emulator works with icontroller and is working properly, I wouldn't mind paying for it, I already paid for a hidden GBA and Nintendo emulator, so I wouldn't mind for another one

07-25-2014, 09:36 AM
The problem with all these emulators (I have already used a DS / GBA / Snes emulator) is the control !! I hate when you can properly play the game like it was meant to be played. What if the idevice can run a game but you can't play it normally? I have in my iphone the nds4ios and the only game that I have installed is Advance Wars Days of Ruin and even this that it's turn based strategy game, it's somehow awkward to control it. So, if I had a game like Lemmings that I would love to play, how could I play it? Will it support a external controller? And if yes, I believe that all the controllers for ios are very expensive.. :-(
07-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Include iCade support and I'd probably pay $4-5 for it.
07-25-2014, 12:04 PM
well, another problem is: When apple "ban" you, do you still receive pending revenue from sales?
07-25-2014, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongapop View Post
well, another problem is: When apple "ban" you, do you still receive pending revenue from sales?
You could always do a Kickstarter, then release the app for free.
07-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Include iCade support and I'd probably pay $4-5 for it.
Yeah I agree too, with icade support, I'd pay 4-5 too ^^ as long as I play my shadow of the beast and Turrican with my icade, I will be super happy!