Universal Starship Turret Operator Guy - Shoot 'em up action, now live!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TinyTitanStudios, Jul 25, 2014.

1. TinyTitanStudios

TinyTitanStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    #1 TinyTitanStudios, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Hi all!

Jeff here from Tiny Titan Studios, based out of Ontario, Canada.

We are excited to announce the release of our flagship mobile game - Starship Turret Operator Guy Defense.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xN9pC1tORU
    Presskit: http://www.tinytitanstudios.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=starship_turret_operator_guy_defense

Would love any feedback/suggestions!

Thanks all :)

Starship Turret Operator Guy

Tiny Titan Studios
    Intense arcade action awaits you in this retro inspired space defense game. Play as a low-level starship employee that h…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Intense arcade action awaits you in this retro inspired space defense game. Play as a low-level starship employee that has just been promoted to turret operator. Defend against wave after wave of incoming hostile threats while upgrading your turret, unlocking expansions and competing against the best players around the world for the ultimate score! Packed with upgrades, secrets, achievements and more, this retro inspired shoot ‘em up will keep you entertained until there’s no more space pirates in sight! FEATURES: • Endless Shooting Arcade Action • 75+ Turret Upgrades and 4 Unique Expansion Turrets • Special Items Pickups and Secret Shops • Unlock Unique Game Modes • Advanced Scoring System that will keep skilled shooter fans engaged! • Game Center Achievements and Leaderboard! • Beautiful HD graphics and more!
    Information
    Seller:Tiny Titan Studios
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jul 25, 2014
    Updated:Sep 19, 2014
    Version:1.1
    Size:173.1 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio

Starship Turret Operator Guy

Tiny Titan Studios
    Intense arcade action awaits you in this retro inspired space defense game. Play as a low-level starship employee that h…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Intense arcade action awaits you in this retro inspired space defense game. Play as a low-level starship employee that has just been promoted to turret operator. Defend against wave after wave of incoming hostile threats while upgrading your turret, unlocking expansions and competing against the best players around the world for the ultimate score! Packed with upgrades, secrets, achievements and more, this retro inspired shoot ‘em up will keep you entertained until there’s no more space pirates in sight! FEATURES: • Endless Shooting Arcade Action • 75+ Turret Upgrades and 4 Unique Expansion Turrets • Special Items Pickups and Secret Shops • Unlock Unique Game Modes • Advanced Scoring System that will keep skilled shooter fans engaged! • Game Center Achievements and Leaderboard! • Beautiful HD graphics and more!
    Information
    Seller:Tiny Titan Studios
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jul 25, 2014
    Updated:Sep 19, 2014
    Version:1.1
    Size:173.1 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. TinyTitanStudios

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    Not sure how you did that, but that's super handy, thanks! :)

4. TinyTitanStudios

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    Promo codes!

Here's some promo codes for those interested in checking it out. If you do use one, I would appreciate a rate and review please :)

EW9PN7AKHR34
    EM73NM3XENTE
    EMLK3RHRNNAT
    AY4TFMR7MR6H
    4T6XNF9RFKM7

Thanks much!
    Jeff

5. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    All codes gone, and not one thank you ! Man, some people are just shits !

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    aHAHAHA!

Really funny coz tis true :D

This looks nice though. I'd TOFTT if i wasnt tapped out.

7. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Thanks for the promo code! Played a few game, pretty funny. The strongest aspect is the visuals, with the nebulas and stars in the background. Gameplay-wise, Starship Turret isn't going to reinvent the wheel but it's a fun and challenging shooter. It's very much a high score game, and you collect cash to continuously upgrade your turret with more health, faster firing rate, multi shot, piercing shot, and more. As far as I can tell, upgrades aren't persistent so your goal is to get as far as possible against waves of asteroids, missiles, and explosives.

All in all, a fun game for fans of the genre

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #8 pluto6, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    A Bullet Hell!!!

We some impressions in this thread!!!

@NiceDude - I appreciate your impressions, but you are too new for me to have any feel for your likes and dislikes.. ;)

Screen shots sure look pretty. If nothing coming up soon I will probably TOFTT.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is pretty decent for a shooter defense game. As mentioned above, the visuals are pretty decent.

This is a high-score chasing game, and the upgrades have some similarities to roguelikes where all upgrades go back to zero everytime you start a game, starting back from the first wave.

The controls are well done, but the pacing felt a little slow. On the bright side, the upgrade mechanics play their part well.

10. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Need a video gameplay but think cool game

11. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Got a code and had a chance to play through a few tries.

This is a very fun game, and another quality Canadian offering ! I wish there had been a bit of a tutorial to start the game with. I was a bit confused the first couple of times, until I figured out that you need to tap the target to shoot them. Actually, you have to anticipate where the target will be a second or two later, or else the shot will go wide.

It's definitely necessary to upgrade your turrets from the get-go, or else your death star won't be around for very long time at all. There's a real need to keep up with improvements as you play, and it's great fun to grab them and watch your weapons start to kick butt.

When you die, and you will die, you reset at zero and have to build your defenses and armaments back again. Don't let that frustrate you, because the more you play, the more you get in the zone and understand what you need to get to be successful against your adversaries.

There is a big "just one more try" factor with this game so even though it can be played in short bursts, it may take up a chunk of your time unless you have more self-control than I do !

All in all, this is a really fun game. Definitely recommended !

12. TinyTitanStudios

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    #12 TinyTitanStudios, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  13. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I'm a sucker for these types of games. I hope it's as good as Glorkian Warrior...love that game! Downloading...

14. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    #14 somedumbgamer, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Welp, played this a bit last night. Not that anyone is reading this thread, but here's acouple things I'd like to see tweaked:

1. After dying, I wish I could continue without losing all my upgrades and having to start over from the beginning.

2. Would like another control option as the constant tapping gets old fast.

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Dumpster diving through ages of threads to find these gems

16. TinyTitanStudios

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    Ha, thanks! :) Was our first title.. could use an update or two now.