Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 07-24-2014, 02:44 AM

Default Let's Argue About the 2014 Ninja Turtles!

I pray God to revoke that Michael Bay creature from existence, so that our memories of childhood classics can finally be at peace.

Those horrible hulking brutes are supposed to be the turtles? What are those??? Another line of unnecessarily brutal and vile transformations, like that spoiled jarhead Optimus?

"Fierce Ninjutsu attacks" : Can't be the other way, if it is Michael Bay,is it?

And look at Leo's weapons in the screenshot! He is supposed to be a wise leader ninja, not a hulking turtle Kratos! Why is this violence and warmonging in all the concepts he had to touch?

This game could be a good play, like combo crew, but the 2014 concept is the murder of TMNT essence. I'm going back to TMNT rooftop run.

Last edited by Praymettin; 07-24-2014 at 02:53 AM..
Old 07-24-2014, 02:51 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Wtf is this? This is not the tmnt I grew up with burn it with fire then throw micheal bay on the pile
Old 07-24-2014, 03:02 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praymettin View Post
I hope that, something revokes that Michael Bay creature from existence, so that our memories of childhood classics can finally be at peace.

Those horrible hulking brutes are supposed to be the turtles? What are those??? Another line of unnecessarily brutal and vile transformations, like that spoiled jarhead Optimus?

And look at Leo's weapons in the screenshot! He is supposed to be a wise leader ninja, not a hulking turtle Kratos! Why is this violence and warmonging in all the concepts he had to touch?

This game could be a good play, like combo crew, but the essence is an offensive stinking mess for me. I'm going back to TMNT rooftop run.
It's called "the artist's vision." Im still not sure if i really like the new looks, but your post raised a few questions.

Did you hate the movie versions of Iron Man as it was VERY different from the original designs? Batman? How about the changes in Godzilla (both of the latest ones) compared to the originals? If you see Tim Burton in person, would you spit on his face?
Old 07-24-2014, 03:34 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praymettin View Post
I pray God to revoke that Michael Bay creature from existence, so that our memories of childhood classics can finally be at peace.

This game could be a good play, like combo crew, but the 2014 concept is the murder of TMNT essence. I'm going back to TMNT rooftop run.
This post is all sorts of wrong.

1st of all, Bay is shitty, but he's only a producer, not a director in his one, people seem to forget that.

"Those horrible hulking brutes are supposed to be the turtles?"... lol that is a recurrent dumb complaint among the detractors of this movie, but trying to rationalize the complaints for the new designs as if they were based on logic is just stupid, if you want to rationalize that these new turles are"hulking brutes" then that complaint is directly tied to very concept of Adult size humanoid turtles, those "unnecessary brutal and vile transformations" have more ninja in them than the original designs, if you know what a ninja really is.

Complaining about the designs is selective suspension of disbelief and it's just silly.

You can not like it and that's fine, but to act as if the dislike was based on anything but personal preference, like "logic", is BS, and it's silly to claim that they did something "wrong" with this new version when clearly the intrinsic nature of the characters is intact.

We're talking about a comic that started with murderous humanoid turtles, filled with gore and pulpy violence.

"vile" pfff lol.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:13 AM

I kinda like the new look, bob dylan said it best "the times they are a changin" and we should change with it
Old 07-24-2014, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmuggy View Post
I kinda like the new look, bob dylan said it best "the times they are a changin" and we should change with it
Ah the new look is fantastic, it's just that the mindless herd jumps onto the hatewagon, the movie was predestined to get bad rap with the name of Bay attached to it, if you're smart enough to get past that, you can see the movie is looking to be quite fun.

The fact that Bay isn't directing this is precisely why this movie has hope.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nihilus View Post
Ah the new look is fantastic, it's just that the mindless herd jumps onto the hatewagon, the movie was predestined to get bad rap with the name of Bay attached to it, if you're smart enough to get past that, you can see the movie is looking to be quite fun.

The fact that Bay isn't directing this is precisely why this movie has hope.
Let's not go nuts, the new TMNT movie is directed by Jonathan Liebesman; his last 2 movies were Wrath of the Titans and Battle:LA. If the movie turns out average and somewhat entertaining, it'll be a triumph.

As for the look, the muscles are over-exaggerated. They just look goofy and out of proportion. They remind me of Mark McGwire during the MLB steroids era.

Last edited by Jake7905; 07-24-2014 at 06:17 AM..
Old 07-24-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7905 View Post
Let's not go nuts, the new TMNT movie is directed by Jonathan Liebesman; his last 2 movies were Wrath of the Titans and Battle:LA. If the movie turns out average and somewhat entertaining, it'll be a triumph.

As for the look, the muscles are over-exaggerated. They just look goofy and out of proportion. They remind me of Mark McGwire during the MLB steroids era.
I said the movie has hope, I didn't say "let's just onto the hype train. " lol

They're not exaggerated, like I said, any attempts to "rationalize" the complaints about the new designs are rooted directly into the very concept of this franchise.

Why? Because you have no idea how a humanoid turtle is supposed to look like, even the original designs look NOTHING like the "popular" ones from the cartoons and movies, the muscles are perfectly in proportion for each character, Mikey is regularly built, same for Leo, Donnie is skinny and Raph is a hulk.

If the movie sucks it won't have anything to do with the character designs, those are great.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
LOL, thanks for making me respect this version of TMNT even less.
Have you seen the trailers? They all sound fantastic, including Leo.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nihilus View Post
I said the movie has hope, I didn't say "let's just onto the hype train. " lol

They're not exaggerated, like I said, any attempts to "rationalize" the complaints about the new designs are rooted directly into the very concept of this franchise.

Why? Because you have no idea how a humanoid turtle is supposed to look like, even the original designs look NOTHING like the "popular" ones from the cartoons and movies, the muscles are perfectly in proportion for each character, Mikey is regularly built, same for Leo, Donnie is skinny and Raph is a hulk.

If the movie sucks it won't have anything to do with the character designs, those are great.
Of course a "humanoid turtle" is pure fantasy, but again, the proportions are in bad taste. If an artist is aiming for a "humanoid ninja turtle", it helps to accentuate the "human" part of that concept. And as far as the ninja part goes, when was the last time you saw a ninja bodybuilder? But you are right, there is no right way to design a ninja turtle, it's all a matter of taste and preference. And I agree, the movie's character design will not determine the quality of the movie. But the goofy Swarzenegger body design, coupled with Michael Bay's attachment as producer, doesn't inspire much hope in me.

Last edited by Jake7905; 07-24-2014 at 06:58 PM..