Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-25-2014, 10:39 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Default Dungeon Defenders Eternity

http://mmoculture.com/2014/07/dungeo...-pc-platforms/

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php...roid-and-steam

Used to play the 1st version and the subsequent 2nd wave til support was dropped for the game. Now it's back and I'm kinda giddy bout it again lol
Just came out for Android Tegra devices, and is coming next to iOS. Game is cross platform with mac, PC, android and iOS

Last edited by Edmilan; 07-25-2014 at 11:22 PM..
Old 07-25-2014, 11:04 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

From droidgamers
Old 07-25-2014, 11:09 PM

Oh HELL yes
Old 07-25-2014, 11:23 PM
Banned
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Oh wow this looks really really cool. It looks colorful and I like the look but I don't have the faintest idea what is going on in the picture
Old 07-26-2014, 12:55 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

EXCELLENT news!!!!!
Old 07-26-2014, 01:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDude View Post
Oh wow this looks really really cool. It looks colorful and I like the look but I don't have the faintest idea what is going on in the picture
It's a Defense game with heavy RPG mechanics. Loots, levelling up, and tons of hack and slash in conjunction with creating towers to help you defend.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:56 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Hmm, most reviews were saying it is the slightly enhanced original game which now needs to be constantly connected to the internet. They also fixed the bugs regarding to hackers. So, we will have to pay again for a fixed version which we bought ages ago.
I bought it and it was rly cool. I'll probably buy it again though but don't know what to think about this marketing strategy. *sigh*
Old 07-26-2014, 08:16 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekku View Post
Hmm, most reviews were saying it is the slightly enhanced original game which now needs to be constantly connected to the internet. They also fixed the bugs regarding to hackers. So, we will have to pay again for a fixed version which we bought ages ago.
I bought it and it was rly cool. I'll probably buy it again though but don't know what to think about this marketing strategy. *sigh*
It is a bit more than solely a marketing strategy, it would seem: http://dungeondefenderseternity.com/

Apparently, Trendy Ent. released this iteration of Dungeon Defenders partially as a final hurrah for the game, to create an ultimate version with true cross-platform play before they finally move on fully to the sequel, and partially to test the infrastructure, net code and Playverse platform for the release of Dungeon Defenders 2 (which might also hit iOS, by the way).

The developer was quick to abandon the original iOS and Android versions of DD, so I will not take their promises and plans at face value. But their stated intention is to provide a full cross-platform experience and thus offer the full PC experience on mobile. Considering just how durned fun the mobile original was, even in its reduced and unsupported state, Eternity could be one of the greatest iOS classics if Trendy follows through.

Regardless, the PC version of Dungeon Defenders Eternity is no empty promise. I picked it up at launch (for only 5 euros, discounted since I own the original), and it really is an evolution of the original, more than just a minor patch, but a major combination of polish, feature additions, content consolidation (all DLC of the original but four holiday-themed levels are included), and brand new content.

This is the user review I posted on Steam, intended to dispel quite a few misconceptions regarding Eternity. Perhaps it can do the same here:

Quote:
It seems this bears reiteration upon reiteration:

Disregard the majority (though never all) of the negative reviews and sentiments for Dungeon Defenders Eternity. The vast majority are based upon misunderstandings, misconceptions or factual errors, and are therefore inapplicable to the actual product.

Dungeon Defenders Eternity is NOT:

* A mobile port. It is based completely on Dungeon Defenders, with added code and assets. From whence this idea comes, I know not, as there is NOTHING to suggest mobile roots.
* Laden with IAP. The in-game shop ONLY sells cosmetic items, a standard not only of the genre (in as far as DD can be categorized), but a new paradigm for the games industry as a whole. And it is one of the most harmless and fair ways for developers to increase their profits (which is often not about quick cash grabs, but about staying in business and making new games, especially for indie developers).
* Visually downgraded. This fallacy is based on the new streaming texture mechanics, where textures are streamed upon first launch, thus allowing players to get into the game faster. That this would make 50+ reviewers believe that there has been a graphical downgrade only shows that customers will jump to conclusions within SECONDS, and never challenge the legitimacy of their own preconceptions, or double check their initial findings. I first launched Eternity on a 1 MBIT/S TETHERED SMARTPHONE CONNECTION, and the textures for the tavern loaded within one minute.
* More demanding than the original edition. The two Steam apps put almost the exact same strain on my processor, GPU, etc.

Dungeon Defenders Eternity IS:

* Significantly improved and expanded, in features as well as polish. The list of new features include manual dodging, a whole crafting system, consumables and spell amulets that provide entirely new powers in battle, pets that can be hatched and trained to fight with their own abilities in battle, visual armor upgrades, and a true hardcore mode.
* FINALLY hacker-safe. Hacked characters made the original almost entirely unplayable for anyone hoping for balance and even matches, as so many players had over-levelled or over-equipped hacked characters. (This is one of the primary arguments for always-online requirements for games with multiplayer modes, and proven very succintly in this case.)
* Rebalanced.
* Endowed with an entirely new loot system, as this was an oft-critizied part of the original.
* Equipped for true cross-platform play. Progress is already shared with the Android Tegra version, and iOS will receive the same later this year.
* Not designed to siphon money of old players, as all of us who own the original are offered to buy DDE for 5 euros.
* Linked to the upcoming sequel, with unlockables that will be available in Dungeon Defenders 2.

So, is this a good game? That depends on your sentiments regarding the original. An improvement? Oh, yes, in nearly every single way. The ultimate version of Dungeon Defenders 1? Very, very nearly so.

Could Trendy have launched this new version more smoothly and predicted some of this confusion and irritation? Probably (though after looking at the Steam store description and new page for the game, I find it hard to see any room for significant misunderstanding, or most of the misconceptions that surround the launch).

A worthy purchase? If you are a fan of the original, definitively. If you’ve never played Dungeon Defenders? Oh, gawds, yes!

Last edited by Ayjona; 07-26-2014 at 08:18 PM..
Old 07-26-2014, 11:17 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Cant wait for this!
Old 07-27-2014, 11:54 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

So I just watched the Trailer and it is looking awesome but I'm also kind of confused. This was looking completely different than DD:Second Wave which I've bought years ago. There werent any cel shaded graphics either.
I dont know how it has looked on the PC though and I hope DD Eternity looks just as good as the trailer I've seen.

Any ETA for iOS as of yet?

Edit: I just saw a gameplay video from the android version
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZbU_mUIqsA which does looking worse (no cel shading, low texture resolution, no dynamic lightning. It looks exactly like the old one) than the trailer and screenshots from the app description in the Google Playstore.
I hope these graphics arent Tegra K1 exclusive. I rly want this cel shading

Last edited by Nekku; 07-27-2014 at 12:12 PM..