★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: LuckyBastards
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.0 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: iSpacePort EP1:"The escape from earth"

iSpacePort is an exciting new addictive space arcade-adventure game.
The game features an engaging storyline that will be revealed as episodes are released.

Episode 1
---------
The Year is 2381. After a huge meteor shower and the destruction of planet Earth - the Space patrol fleet is fleeing to the nearest Spaceport to teleport into a safer dimension. Your mission is to guide the ships to the Spaceport and collect falling astronauts while avoiding other Spaceships and meteors.

Features
--------
- Simple yet engaging addictive game play
- Lovely Graphics
- Movie-like soundtrack
- Each episode offers new features and a unique mission.

"It's clear that iSpacePort's premise lends itself well to interjecting a pleasant diversity of celestial locales to the proceedings" Fraser MacInnes @ PocketGamer.co.uk (featured at "The App stork")

"... liked that the landing zone is not static, its always on the move,what makes the game harder. I recommend it... well its only 1 dollar :)" Fred

"Love the meteors idea, and the idea we have extra live so we wont lose on the first mistake we do :)... I recommend it." Danni

"Overall, I enjoyed the game and am looking forward to unlocking the additional stations. It is definitely an awesome job" Fred84

pluto6's comments:
Not sure on this one - looks like it could be pretty fun though...

iSpacePort is an exciting new addictive space arcade-adventure game.
The game features an engaging storyline that will be revealed as episodes are released.

Episode 1
---------
The Year is 2381. After a huge meteor shower and the destruction of planet Earth - the Space patrol fleet is fleeing to the nearest Spaceport to teleport into a safer dimension. Your mission is to guide the ships to the Spaceport and collect falling astronauts while avoiding other Spaceships and meteors.

In Episode II the spaceships will join the mother ship, while a new alien race confronts them.

Stories for Episode 1 and 2 are already written and we encourage you to take part in the 3rd episode by sending us your ideas.

Features
--------
- Simple yet engaging addictive game play
- Lovely Graphics
- Movie-like soundtrack
- Each episode offers new features and a unique mission.
- You are the star in this game by taking part in writing Episode III

Please send us your idea for Episode III at:
ispaceport@gmail.com

08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
This looks kind of interesting. I'd like to check it out, but it's unavailable in the US store. Anyone know why?
________
Percocet rehab advice

Last edited by thewiirocks; 02-16-2011 at 11:58 PM.

08-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiirocks View Post
This looks kind of interesting. I'd like to check it out, but it's unavailable in the US store. Anyone know why?
Don't know - it was earlier when I posted this. That is how I got the URL for the screen shots...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiirocks View Post
I noticed this too. Edited- shows in the US store now.

Last edited by Indiania; 08-31-2009 at 11:47 AM.
08-30-2009, 08:30 PM
its available in the Australian Store.
Just downloaded. Will be back soon with first impressions.
08-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Ok, first impressions:

Its basically a very nice looking Flight Control type of game.

There are three starports that you land the space shuttles on. First starport with 2 landing pads (red and yellow) is available straight away. The first starport actually spins, so pads constantly move. I thought it was a nice touch. The other two need to be unlocked. They are unlocked when you increase in rank. I assume that you increase in rank when you reach a certain score on the previous starport. Unfortunately we are not told what score needs to be reached to increase in rank. In fact "Tutorial" consists of a single page telling us to avoid collisions, save astronauts and draw path to the landing pad. It says nothing about how to save the astronauts, doesn't mention meteors, number of collisions allowed before its game over (you can have 2 crashes before its game over). If you played Flight Control or a similar game you would be able to work it out though.
Graphics are very nice. I especially like the particle effect when you land the ships.

Overall, I like the game so far. It looks and sounds very nice. One thing it really needs is a proper set of instructions. Those who never played this type of game before might get frustrated. I would certainly recommend it for $0.99.
08-31-2009, 01:53 AM
how is the story told?

They descriptions talks about story an makes it sound as if this is a big feature.
How is the story told and does it actually tell a story or is it just a few lines of text?

From the video I see no different to Flight Control and I wonder why I should by it (ok I love space stuff), but I like to see something unique to it.
The developer says each mission offers new features and unique things to do, so I wonder what that shall be if even the first episode (seems) not to present anything new.

Anyone can fill me in?
08-31-2009, 02:17 AM
Quote:
They descriptions talks about story an makes it sound as if this is a big feature.
How is the story told and does it actually tell a story or is it just a few lines of text?

From the video I see no different to Flight Control and I wonder why I should by it (ok I love space stuff), but I like to see something unique to it.
The developer says each mission offers new features and unique things to do, so I wonder what that shall be if even the first episode (seems) not to present anything new.

Anyone can fill me in?
From what i've seen so far its just a wall of text before you start the game. As I mentioned earlier the other 2 starbases are locked for now. Perhaps we get more wall of text as the other 2 starbases are unlocked. I don't know how you can even have a story in game like this. Looks like Flight Control in space. It is very well done though. I do like the way this game plays.
I think Episode 2 is just the same thing with different starbases and more obstacles to overcome on the way to landing.

It is definitely worth $0.99. I like how the starbase spins slowly and you have to adjust the paths of spaceships accordingly. Meteors come in from time to time and you have to get the ships out of the way. It needs work though.
I wonder if additional episodes are going to be released as free updates or as separate games.
08-31-2009, 03:54 AM
iSpacePort

Hi Eugekava,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments and will take them into account for the next version. We're working on a detailed version of the game's instructions to be featured at our site until then.

A few comments:

I checked the App's availability myself and it can be found at the US Itunes store as well as all other countries, but just to be sure I contacted Apple on the matter.

As for the story- the idea is that the gameplay will change according to the episode. This is our idea for episode II:

"In Episode II the spaceships will join the mother ship while a new alien race confronts them".

and that means you'll have the ability to defend yourself amongst other changes.

We like to hear your thoughts and wishes for the next episode (ep.III). This is basically a new way of taking part in how the game will evolve (story and gameplay wise).

YP (co-developer of iSpacePort) from LuckyBastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
Ok, first impressions:

Its basically a very nice looking Flight Control type of game.

There are three starports that you land the space shuttles on. First starport with 2 landing pads (red and yellow) is available straight away. The first starport actually spins, so pads constantly move. I thought it was a nice touch. The other two need to be unlocked. They are unlocked when you increase in rank. I assume that you increase in rank when you reach a certain score on the previous starport. Unfortunately we are not told what score needs to be reached to increase in rank. In fact "Tutorial" consists of a single page telling us to avoid collisions, save astronauts and draw path to the landing pad. It says nothing about how to save the astronauts, doesn't mention meteors, number of collisions allowed before its game over (you can have 2 crashes before its game over). If you played Flight Control or a similar game you would be able to work it out though.
Graphics are very nice. I especially like the particle effect when you land the ships.

Overall, I like the game so far. It looks and sounds very nice. One thing it really needs is a proper set of instructions. Those who never played this type of game before might get frustrated. I would certainly recommend it for $0.99.

Last edited by YP@LB; 08-31-2009 at 06:52 AM. Reason: update: App availability
08-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi, YP.
Thanks for the reply. Its always great to see the developers here.
I have a couple of questions:
When is Episode 2 likely to be released?
Is it going to be released as a separate game or DLC?
What are the requirements for unlocking the other spaceports?