★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Breach & Clear - $3.99 > $0.99

07-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Breach & Clear - $3.99 > $0.99

07-29-2014, 06:27 AM
Got this game when it was IGN's Free app of the month or something. Haven't played it since I downloaded it.

07-29-2014, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS42 View Post
Got this game when it was IGN's Free app of the month or something. Haven't played it since I downloaded it.
yeah was just free again July 17 through 21st http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=Breach+clear
07-29-2014, 08:39 AM
Didn't like it that much. I prefer the other options
07-29-2014, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMarco View Post
Didn't like it that much. I prefer the other options
Any other options besides Frozen Synapse and XCom? I'm not aware of any others, so I'm interested if there are any I overlooked

XCom is my favorite, this doesn't come close. But between B&C and FS, I prefer B&C. I like the spec ops aesthetic and focused gameplay compared to FS's sci fi style

But if you enjoy these types of games, you're going to love Door Kickers. Right now it's only on PC, but the devs already have an iPad version up and running and it'll be coming to IOS eventually. It's my favorite top down tactical strategy game. You can learn more here: http://inthekillhouse.com/doorkickers/
07-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDude View Post
Any other options besides Frozen Synapse and XCom? I'm not aware of any others, so I'm interested if there are any I overlooked

XCom is my favorite, this doesn't come close. But between B&C and FS, I prefer B&C. I like the spec ops aesthetic and focused gameplay compared to FS's sci fi style

But if you enjoy these types of games, you're going to love Door Kickers. Right now it's only on PC, but the devs already have an iPad version up and running and it'll be coming to IOS eventually. It's my favorite top down tactical strategy game. You can learn more here: http://inthekillhouse.com/doorkickers/
I love top down strategies. I just found B&C too easy, that's why. And it felt a bit dull and uninspiring. It's a personal opinion, doesn't mean that no one else should avoid it. Shadow run returns is also one worth looking at. It's RPGs mixed with top down strategy.
07-30-2014, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDude View Post
Tactical Soldier - Undead Rising is pretty good.

I havent played Mailmen, but it seems to be close to the XCom-ish strategy titles, but from the looks of the reviews it's more like the Commandos titles.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-24-2014, 04:07 AM
On sale again.
10-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Tactical Soldier - Undead Rising is pretty good.

I havent played Mailmen, but it seems to be close to the XCom-ish strategy titles, but from the looks of the reviews it's more like the Commandos titles.
If it matters , Mailmen is more an actiony puzzle game...