★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Sailor's Dream - Simogo game, late 2014

07-28-2014, 11:29 AM
The Sailor's Dream - Simogo game, late 2014

http://simogo.com/work/the-sailors-dream/

Quote:
Let’s go on a tiny dream voyage and discover a story about the burning desires of three hearts united by the wonderful, but unmerciful ocean.

The Sailor’s Dream is a challenge-free experience in which you explore a non-linear story through words, music, sounds and illustrations.

Coming late 2014 on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.

Youtube link | Pop Up

07-28-2014, 11:32 AM
http://simogo.com/2014/07/28/simogo-...sailors-dream/
Quote:
In some ways The Sailor’s Dream is the culmination of ideas and concepts we’ve had over the past years and projects, and as such it is an exploration of how to tell a story in a new and unique way. It also shares some DNA with Year Walk and DEVICE 6 when it comes to navigation and interactions, the concept of the players piecing together a bigger story from smaller pieces, and just as previous efforts it does include quite a lot of written text. But, as you know it’s important for us to have an element of surprise and originality so that’s where the similarities end.

07-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Ok, it's Simogo, so it looks awesome. But man, since Beat Sneak Bandit, we have only visual novel from Simogo...
I want a 2D plateform game from them, or something else.
07-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedPhantom View Post
Ok, it's Simogo, so it looks awesome. But man, since Beat Sneak Bandit, we have only visual novel from Simogo...
I want a 2D plateform game from them, or something else.
Agreed, everything since beat sneak bandit has been different from Simogo. I liked year walk but the story novels not so much and now another one? I really want a unique platformer or RPG with simogos artwork from bumpy road or beat sneak

im a rpg loving kind of guy
07-28-2014, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
Agreed, everything since beat sneak bandit has been different from Simogo. I liked year walk but the story novels not so much and now another one? I really want a unique platformer or RPG with simogos artwork from bumpy road or beat sneak
Glad i'm not the only one to think that.
09-26-2014, 11:11 AM
From Simogo's blog:

Sailors, Secrets and a broadcast

As you have probably noticed, we’ve been a bit quiet about The Sailor’s Dream. We’re actually very far along with the project – we’re wrapping it up and currently polishing, testing and squashing bugs!

We’d like to explain a bit about the reasoning for us being so quiet about the project – because it’s been a very deliberate choice from our side.

We have a lot of fun features and elements in The Sailor’s Dream, which we believe are unique, and exciting. And as much as we’d like to shout about how exciting we think they are, we’ve made a (tough!) decision to not talk about them before the release.

Why?

It’s quite simple. We just don’t don’t want to rob you of the sense of wonder and discovery.

We’re fans of the element of surprise, and as we talked about when we were making Year Walk, that’s an element we miss from the games we played when growing up. And even though The Sailor’s Dream is nothing like those games, it’s a box of stories and little glimpses into a world that we’d like you to discover and piece together for yourselves.

That said, we know that some of you have wanted to see more. And we’re not mean people (well…), so we’ve put together a little something for you to think about and ponder without spoiling any surprises. So, put in your earphones, and enjoy!

We hope you’ll appreciate this decision once you’ll get the chance to experience The Sailor’s Dream for yourselves. We don’t have any firm date yet, but we’ll definitely let you know once we have.
10-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Looks like it could be coming soon, Simogo tweeted earlier that on Monday we should 'watch this spot'
10-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Wow, really cool graphics. Lovely trailer, best of luck with the release.
10-25-2014, 05:08 PM
The typeface for "The Sailors Dream" is really lovely! Never seen anything like it before.
10-27-2014, 12:24 AM
It's Monday afternoon here, so anything?