★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bloodstroke 2.99$-> 0.99$

07-29-2014, 10:43 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,164
Bloodstroke 2.99$-> 0.99$


07-29-2014, 11:21 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,188
This is a well-executed game, but it's a little shallow on the gameplay mechanics.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

07-29-2014, 11:50 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
This is a well-executed game, but it's a little shallow on the gameplay mechanics.
What do you mean?
07-29-2014, 11:54 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity89 View Post
What do you mean?
Game balance is really off in a way that its own mechanics make its other features useless.

They give you 2 attacks, a ranged attack and a melee attack. Melee attacks are more rewarding. Once you know the positioning of the enemies, ranged attacks have almost no use since nothing in the game really forces you to use them, and melee is so much easier to execute. And if i remember correctly, some enemies are even immune to ranged damage, while being susceptible to melee attacks.

The controls work really well though, and the currency gain is pretty fast.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-29-2014, 11:58 AM
#5
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Game balance is really off in a way that its own mechanics make its other features useless.

They give you 2 attacks, a ranged attack and a melee attack. Melee attacks are more rewarding. Once you know the positioning of the enemies, ranged attacks have almost no use since nothing in the game really forces you to use them, and melee is so much easier to execute. And if i remember correctly, some enemies are even immune to ranged damage, while being susceptible to melee attacks.

The controls work really well though, and the currency gain is pretty fast.
Well so they couldn't adjust the balancing! Well I'll check it out since I missed it!
07-29-2014, 03:53 PM
#6
Bought it.
Well, nice art and music. Gameplay very simple. But man, it's damn too easy :/
07-29-2014, 05:26 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 669
And apparently no patches since it launched
07-29-2014, 10:12 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,693
07-29-2014, 10:19 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedPhantom View Post
Bought it.
Well, nice art and music. Gameplay very simple. But man, it's damn too easy :/
don't own it but from what you said and watching the review vids its looks so simple with little skill/strategy
07-30-2014, 12:37 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
don't own it but from what you said and watching the review vids its looks so simple with little skill/strategy
That's right. But it still fun to play. And the survival missions are a little bit harder than "protect" missions. Plus, it's full of contents. I certainly no wasted my money on this.