Support our Sponsors:
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-30-2014, 02:16 AM
oscar123967 oscar123967 is online now
Senior Member
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,322
Default A Good Endless Runner?

I've been craving a good endless runner lately. Any suggestions? Preferably ones where you can obtain upgrades/accessories?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-30-2014, 02:27 AM
coolpepper43 coolpepper43 is online now
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar123967 View Post
I've been craving a good endless runner lately. Any suggestions? Preferably ones where you can obtain upgrades/accessories?
Both ski safari games are probably my all time favorite endless runners. It has everything that you asked for and more. It's soooooo fun and super exciting. What is more fun than doing a triple backflip while riding a yeti while you are escaping an avalanche by the skin of your teeth?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-30-2014, 02:53 AM
oscar123967 oscar123967 is online now
Senior Member
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Both ski safari games are probably my all time favorite endless runners. It has everything that you asked for and more. It's soooooo fun and super exciting. What is more fun than doing a triple backflip while riding a yeti while you are escaping an avalanche by the skin of your teeth?
Ok you've got me hooked I'll check it out!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-30-2014, 03:02 AM
coolpepper43 coolpepper43 is online now
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar123967 View Post
Ok you've got me hooked I'll check it out!
I can pretty much guarantee that you will love this game. I recommend getting the coin doubler at the beginning. It's totally worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-30-2014, 03:23 AM
oscar123967 oscar123967 is online now
Senior Member
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I can pretty much guarantee that you will love this game. I recommend getting the coin doubler at the beginning. It's totally worth it.
I am really really enjoying it so far. I'll definitely keep this on my device along side jetpack joyride the only thing that its missing though is a save feature. Thank you for recommending this!! I'll definitely be keeping it on my device for a long time.

Also, what are the stars placed ontop of the levels, upgrades, and accessories?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-30-2014, 03:29 AM
coolpepper43 coolpepper43 is online now
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,529
Default

I'm really glad your enjoying it.
Those stars are more missions that you can unlock by getting those accessories, levels, power ups. What do you mean by a safe feature? Do you mean iCloud?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-30-2014, 03:34 AM
oscar123967 oscar123967 is online now
Senior Member
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I'm really glad your enjoying it.
Those stars are more missions that you can unlock by getting those accessories, levels, power ups. What do you mean by a safe feature? Do you mean iCloud?
Ahh ok thats cool!

And I mean like a save feature where you can close the app mid-game and when you come back to it later it'll let you continue from where you left off, such as in Jetpack Joyride. Play throughs can get a bit lengthy at times
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-30-2014, 03:36 AM
coolpepper43 coolpepper43 is online now
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar123967 View Post
Ahh ok thats cool!

And I mean like a save feature where you can close the app mid-game and when you come back to it later it'll let you continue from where you left off, such as in Jetpack Joyride. Play throughs can get a bit lengthy at times
Oh, I see what your saying. Hmmm, I never really thought about that. My runs are not usually too long maybe 7 minutes max.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-30-2014, 03:50 AM
oscar123967 oscar123967 is online now
Senior Member
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Oh, I see what your saying. Hmmm, I never really thought about that. My runs are not usually too long maybe 7 minutes max.
Thats pretty long for a high score chaser game

Thanks again though! I'm really enjoying it, idk how I missed this one. Though I do remember it being at the top of the charts a long time ago, I have no idea why I didn't pick it up then.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-30-2014, 12:42 PM
mr haptic mr haptic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 26
Default

Punch Quest would be my choice, it captures the charm of arcade gaming perfectly and melds the best qualities of a sidescrolling beat-em-up with an endless runner.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent