★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Impossible Flyer is a game that will challenge your skill, reflex, dexterity and focus. Show your skill by using the optional in-game recording and playback capability (with optional face cam) and share it with the world. It's your choice. With leaderboard and multiple achievements that gets more challenging over time, it's a great game to occupy your time.
07-30-2014, 09:16 AM
Looks cool. I'll give it a shot tonight.

07-30-2014, 09:31 AM
NZ account ftw! Best decision I made since getting into IOS games

Impossible Flyer is a solid, back-to-basics game of twitchy evasion and nerve wracking close calls. Go forth and dodge, travel as far as possible; if you're a fan of the genre, you know the drill. The controls are simple and responsive, the minimal visuals are pleasing, and the game is just fun and challenging

My best score so far is 21
07-30-2014, 09:35 AM
I have to give this some more time. For now the controls feel weird. My best score is 39

Game Center: sink_or_swim
07-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I have to give this some more time. For now the controls feel weird. My best score is 39
Yes the controls took some getting used to. I think it's the speed in which you change direction. It takes time, not snappy, so you need to time your change of direction in advance.
07-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks for posting this game, I like it. Like Sink and Dude mentioned it takes a little while to get used to the control but once you do you'll be steering pass the obstacles like a pro. Currently at 108.
07-31-2014, 05:23 AM
Hi All,

I'm the guy that build Impossible Flyer. Thanks for the response so far. I tried to build a game that distills down to just pure gameplay. Yeah the control is something that you get better at as you play more. In fact, that's the part of the game that I spend the most on tweaking. Keep the comments coming. Love to hear more. With that here is my gameplay video hitting 230. Had a larger score before but in sandbox (dev) move but unfortunately score in dev mode does not go into the live version. Would love to see gameplay vid of other players.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Hafiz Pon; 07-31-2014 at 05:30 AM.
07-31-2014, 02:13 PM
Hello developer!

I'm not surprised to hear that you spent most time perfecting the controls; when you spend enough time with Impossible Flyer you realise that the controls are what make this game stand out from the crowd. My best score is 227 and it's a pretty good feeling when you're slaloming pass the "50 pence pieces" as my Dad called them. Good job!

I read a review on the App Store and the guy said that a set of levels to beat might be nice to have, not just endless. He also mentioned having power ups and stuff, that's an idea I'm less fond of as it kind of detracts from the "pureness" of the gameplay. But levels might work.

Oh and here's a gameplay video of one of my better runs, unfortunately not the 227.

07-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Dang yeah, those controls are super tight. I switched to using part of my fingernail on my index finger and that seems to help. You need fingers like the tip of a sharpened pencil to kill at this game. Now I know what Andy's fingertips look like! Left a 5 star review on the App Store.
07-31-2014, 06:00 PM
Guys the #1 high score is hacked, the guy has over a million score.