Universal Bugs vs. Aliens: Join the battle August 7th!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JACINT TORDAI, Jul 30, 2014.

1. JACINT TORDAI

JACINT TORDAI Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    #1 JACINT TORDAI, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    [​IMG]

Lead your team of Bug Heroes into battle and defeat alien invaders before they can achieve total victory!

Hey all,

I'm Jacint, representing a small agile team of three from Hungary. After a year+ of bootstrapping we are finally launching our first indie game, Bugs vs. Aliens exclusively for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

Bugs vs. Aliens is a 3D-action runner game where you control a swarm of bugs rising in revolt against alien invaders and battling to survive in their “grassroots level” microcosmos. The game features a intelligent flocking character behaviour powered by physics and AI, that is highly unique to the genre.

In Bugs vs. Aliens, you'll guide the swarm through perilous environments, while saving trapped bug mates, grabbing coins and crystals, and taking down the ever-intriguing alien scientists via blitzkrieg-like attacks. Falling UFOs, plasma rays, web traps, tractor beams, dive-bombs from nasty saucers – just a few alien traps you must avoid in this adrenaline-fueled action. In order to get the edge in battle, you need to unlock Bug Heroes, upgrade their skills, team them up and raid with powerful Leaders.

KEY FEATURES

* adrenaline-fueled action spiced with physics-and-AI-powered swarming behaviour
    * daring Bug Heroes with epic Leader Skills and stat-boosters
    * high-score-driven Team System
    * 51 challenging Score Levels
    * easy tilt, tap or slide controls
    * 29 Game Center Achievements and 10 Leaderboards

shot1.jpg shot2.jpg shot3.jpg shot4.jpg shot5.jpg

Bugs vs. Aliens will be available for FREE in all App Store territories worldwide on August 7th.

For more information please visit: http://www.bugsvsaliens.com

Please feel free to share your thoughts. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

I'm happy to send you promo codes! We've reserved 30 codes for the TA audience, so don't hesitate to ask! (Update: We've run out of promo codes!)

Follow us on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/bugsvsaliens
    Like us on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bugs-vs-Aliens/865707116791360
    Subscribe on YouTube @ http://www.youtube.com/bugsvsaliens

2. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    23/30 available

We have 23 more codes. Who's next?

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Thanks a lot for the code.

I like the colorful visual style, the very good tilt controls (left/right) combined with the sliding (up/down), the music and even more the natural sounds out of a forrest, the interesting gameplay and the overall polish of your game. There are ten different leaderboards.

Unfortunatelly it's another runner where i can't skip the revive screen, "buy" your highscore (don't know how many revives are possible?) and some pricy one-time powerups (at least without the coin doubler for...wow $5).

I definitely will play some more, also to see if it's possible to unlock some or even all of the other bug-heroes.

It will be free, so check it out for yourselves next week.
    (Installed MB 111)

4. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Thanks for your time leaving this review - it goes without saying that this kind of feedbacks - be that sg positive or sg that we, devs do wrong - are highly valuable for us and we can distil a lot of useful information from them.

As for the number of revives, you have a free save me once-per-session (it's about watching a video ad - maybe you haven't seen it yet, due to the pre-release conditions) and you can also get x10 revival packs to continue playing.

Just play some more, and you'll no longer consider those one-time powerups pricy ;)

Thanks, again.

5. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    12/30 available

12 promo codes to go.

Feel free to ask for one here or just drop me a PM.

6. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Behind the scenes #1

Starting today and through next Wednesday I will share with you some exclusive dev-stuff here, such as artworks, feature previews and other interesting pre-release materials.

First off, here are some early character arts - Heroes and alien invaders - and the final 3D models as well.
    To achieve the best possible experience on older devices (e.g. iPhone 4) it was critical to keep these models simple.

I would appreciate your willingness to take a moment and share your first impressions!

More detailed artworks here: http://mygraphicstory.com/herobugs

art1.jpg
    art2.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Screenshots

Here are a few more screenshots taken on my iPad Air (not manipulated).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. batreky

batreky Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2014
    NewYork
    Hello, please may i ask for code ?

Thanks in advance

9. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Sorry pal, we have no more promo codes to give out :(

Just stay tuned, only 3 days to launch!

10. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Behind the scenes #2

INTRODUCING HEROES, SKILLS, AND UPGRADES

In Bugs vs. Aliens, you can get the edge in battle by summoning Bug Heroes with powerful leader skills and stat-booster abilities! You have to unlock them, max them, team them up and you’ll dominate the track! Raid with Luke as Leader to be invincible or unleash Boris and bowl over those crappy scientists. Equipping Jazz as Leader will rocket you to the top of the Leaderboards.

This time I've attached two screens presenting Luke, The Invincible.

LUKE1.jpg LUKE2.jpg

11. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Hi, thanks for the code :)

I've been playing it for quite a bit now, I love the art style and the colours, and the tilt controls are spot on. I do like that you can choose to watch a video to revive, quite a nice feature on a freemium game to use when you've got really far and don't want it to end. Unfortunately, there isn't really enough to keep me playing this over other games. I do like runner games, but I like them to have a sense of progression too. Still, its an enjoyable game to pick up and play.

12. Neddy F

Neddy F Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    This is a behind the back endless runner, with a few distinguishing features. There are no set lanes to traverse between rather free movement left and right. Most of the time you will do this airborne, but you can, and indeed need to land occasionally albeit for a limited amount of time at anyone time.

As you fly you will collect other bugs that then fly with you until you drop them off at various points. The game seems to give out a good amount of coins but there are IAPs. I haven't played enough to unlock the extra characters but you can earn or buy them along with the usual boosts, and coins.

I am enjoying it but quickly get a little bored by 'endless' games, so I am unsure how long it will last on my ipad.

13. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Thanks for your feedback guys, your comments are much valued. We will definitely analyze both your progression and "endless"-related suggestions after launch. I'll be sure to bear it in mind.

14. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Behind the scenes #3

INTRODUCING BOOSTERS AND SCORE LEVELS

EPIC BOOSTERS
    In Bugs vs. Aliens you can use ingenious boosters to have some epic plays! They give you higher score, more coins and help you run further. Including Head Start, Golden Alien and Power-Up Boost. Want more coins? You can obtain DOUBLE, TRIPLE or even HEXTUPLE (X6!) Coin Multipliers.

LEVEL UP & REACH AREA 51
    You can increase your Score Multiplier by bringing in more Heroes and upgrading their abilities! Beat high scores and level up to win game changing prizes from the SCIENTIST'S POCKET! Including unique Booster Packs, Coin and Crystal Packs. Level 51 has a Special Prize in store for You!

Please find two pre-release shots attached.

BOOSTERS.jpg SCORE_LEVELS.jpg

15. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    The screenshots are good. Keep my eyes on this.

16. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Coming tonight...

Hey all,

Bugs vs. Aliens will hit the US App Store tonight around 11:00 PM (ET).

Now, let me invite you guys to share your first impressions and comments in this new thread created by PeteOzzy:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=238977

Thanks,
    Jacint