★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The award-winning Super Crossfighter (formerly Super Crossfire) is back with a vengeance! Old school arcade shooting meets dazzling graphics and energetic music.

Blast alien invaders while warping between the top and bottom of the screen in this heart-pumping adventure from Radiangames. Unlock upgrades and acquire special power-ups as you obliterate wave after wave of enemies.

With a massive campaign, intense action, and eye-popping visuals, Super Crossfighter sets a new standard for arcade action.

Features:
High intensity action + stylish graphics and music
150+ waves of alien-exterminating mayhem spread across 5 chapters
Survival mode and Dark chapters extend the life of the game even further
Upgrade your ship in 10 distinct areas using skill points
Collect Victory Points and unlock even more bonuses and upgrades
GameCenter Achievements and Leaderboards
Slider, tilt, or virtual button control options, along with iOS7 MFi controller support!

NOTE: You do not need to buy Super Crossfighter if you bought the original Super Crossfire. Email support@radiangames.com with any questions.

PeteOzzy's comments:

Wasn't sure if this was getting a new thread or not. Knowing my luck, not lol.
07-31-2014, 06:23 PM
Original was / is and incredible game. As mentioned in another thread, it is likely this is free as a way to keep all the people that bought the original Super Crossfire happy since this is being released under a different developer - although my understanding this is a new game.
Radian Games is an excellent developer that really puts out quality products. This is a must get for free. He has a number of other games on the app store - all of which are high quality games and all discounted for a short time.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

07-31-2014, 07:39 PM
Soooooooo good with widescreen
07-31-2014, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Original was / is and incredible game. As mentioned in another thread, it is likely this is free as a way to keep all the people that bought the original Super Crossfire happy since this is being released under a different developer - although my understanding this is a new game.
Radian Games is an excellent developer that really puts out quality products. This is a must get for free. He has a number of other games on the app store - all of which are high quality games and all discounted for a short time.
Super Crossfire was also Radiangames, it was only published by Chillingo. It's the same game as Super Crossfire except for the name, widescreen support, and a little more content. Luke decided to do the rerelease independently

Last edited by JCho133; 07-31-2014 at 07:45 PM.
07-31-2014, 07:46 PM
This is an Intense Full-On Shmup. Amazing!! An intelligent shooter. Gets more intense and harder as you level up.

Last edited by malaheart; 08-01-2014 at 10:01 AM.
07-31-2014, 10:50 PM
Ummm... WOOOOOOOW!
07-31-2014, 11:04 PM
Pew pew pew! Too awesome. Waiting for Inferno 2!
08-01-2014, 10:22 PM
O
M
G
!!!!!!!

First off... THANK YOU for making the game free for a day so that those of us who purchased one or both of the previous versions could have a chance to upgrade for free. Unnecessary, but very respectable thing to do.

Now... I haven't played this game in a long time, so I'm not too sure what all content is new, but the gameplay, with a MOGA... Holy CRAP! it's awesome playing this with a controller. I haven't had the chance until now, and it's great. The widescreen support looks fantastic as well.

Really great playing through this again. =oD
08-02-2014, 12:05 AM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014
08-02-2014, 02:22 AM
Yup... the game is as fantastic as ever, and better.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword