★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iCircus Robot 0.99$

08-30-2009, 09:44 PM
08-30-2009, 10:09 PM
It looks great!

08-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanB View Post
It looks great!
I agree Jan, screens look promising

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
08-30-2009, 10:17 PM
What do you do and what kind of game is this? iTunes description is a bit vague.
If developers make such an effort to release a game why wouldn't they make a little extra effort to actually try to sell it. "more than 4 mission" is one of descriptions. Why not give us an actual number?
08-30-2009, 10:20 PM
"iCircus is a fun cartoon game where you use your iPhone to play it."

You don't say?

Nice artistic style but the description is oddly arbitrary. "More than 6 kind of NPC" ... so ... 7? Not much is said about the actual game.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
08-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
"iCircus is a fun cartoon game where you use your iPhone to play it."

You don't say?

Nice artistic style but the description is oddly arbitrary. "More than 6 kind of NPC" ... so ... 7? Not much is said about the actual game.
*Trying hard not to laugh....screw it, LOL*

I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
08-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I decided to try this one out based on the screenshots, and it's pretty cool. Basically, you tilt left or right to move either left or right, and you tap the screen to jump over or through obstacles. I've only gotten to level 2 so far (only played twice), but the production values are definitely top notch. To be honest, I wish there was more to the game than what's there, but there may be quite a bit I'm missing due to the fact that I've only played two levels out of "more than four." Don't know how long a game like this will last (despite the description listing more than four levels, there appear to only be four in the level select screen), but it's nice for a short diversion.

Last edited by Ben!; 08-30-2009 at 11:01 PM.
08-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben! View Post
I decided to try this one out based on the screenshots, and it's pretty cool. Basically, you tilt left or right to move either left or right, and you tab the screen to jump over or through obstacles. I've only gotten to level 2 so far (only played twice), but the production values are definitely top notch. To be honest, I wish there was more to the game than what's there, but there may be quite a bit I'm missing due to the fact that I've only played two levels out of "more than four."
what makes it so fun

are the controls good

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
what makes it so fun

are the controls good
I don't think I ever said it was "so fun." It's really simple. The controls are fine and completely intuitive. If I'm not mistaken, movement speed doesn't vary, so you've just got forward, backward, or stopped. It's simple enough, and the tilt works fine for this. Tapping to jump is what it is, and you've probably played a thousand games with a similar function.

To be honest, the game's production values definitely surpass the gameplay. There's lots of nice graphical touches, and I love the little saxophone bit after you die.
08-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben! View Post
I don't think I ever said it was "so fun." It's really simple. The controls are fine and completely intuitive. If I'm not mistaken, movement speed doesn't vary, so you've just got forward, backward, or stopped. It's simple enough, and the tilt works fine for this. Tapping to jump is what it is, and you've probably played a thousand games with a similar function.

To be honest, the game's production values definitely surpass the gameplay. There's lots of nice graphical touches, and I love the little saxophone bit after you die.

Thanks for the impressions, Ben.

Btw, welcome to TA