★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***************************************************
Watch the trailer at BearOnAWire.com

Our green hero, Bearzo, has had it! No more performing for "THE MAN" day in and day out. What! Do you think he is some kind of dancing bear? NO... he is a high wire bear, and it's time for him to make his great escape from the Big Top. He loves his fans and his work, but he just wants to be free and feel his scarf blow in the wind as he shreds wire with the most insane moves ever attempted ... on a Moped... on top of high voltage power lines. Get ready to feel the power of the 49cc, two stroke, and single cylinder stallion!

As you tear off on the wire, try to balance Bearzo and keep him from fallingdown into the 1.21 gigawatts that alternate through the wires below him (Ah, the smell of burnt bear hair). While balancing on the wire, acquire crazy mad points by using the different stunt key combinations to generate some MOPED MAYHEM (ECO..ECo..eco) Bearzo's stunts include no hands, half twist, full twist, bear buck, back roll, front roll, jump roll, grinder, spin roll, spin buck, spin buck grinder, coat tail, coat tail kick, and the next to impossible coat tail kick spin grinder. Combine these stunts with full flips, double flips... triple flips...? Now you are just being crazy! Collect coins and rack up even more points. I know...you never saw collectable coins coming. Don't get caught hibernating b/c it's about to get all GRIZZLY up in here!

Get pumped for BEAR ON A WIRE.

Features:

A Green bear, wearing a blue scarf, on a moped, riding on power lines. Really? You need more?
15 levels
15 stunts
Accelerometer balance controls
OpenFeint - global scores and achievements
A guy named Chad stayed up all night working on it

Requirements:

A helmet in some states.
Compatible with iphone and ipod touch
Requires OS 2.1 or later

Check Bearzo out on the web at bearonawire.com.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
08-31-2009, 05:28 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Cute.

Looks pretty good though.

08-31-2009, 05:33 AM
The green creature is a bear? lol

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
08-31-2009, 05:43 AM
Oh wow!! I have to get this game lol

(just kidding)
08-31-2009, 06:05 AM
such a modest price for a game of its stature
08-31-2009, 08:03 AM
A Back to the Future reference in a bear high wire game? A little ... misplaced.

Looks cute though, but needs a video to show off its stuff; those screenshots don't really do much for it.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
08-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Links to video, info, etc on the game

Hey folks. We agree the pictures don't do the game justice at all. Check out our site http://bearonawire.com and you can see a spoof trailer we did that shows the controls, game play, story, etc.

You can also check out
http://youtube.com/dreamsocket for a series of videos (more game play, vids as we developed the game, etc).

Finally, we tried to document the development of the game at http://dreamsocket.com/news. Later into it, we didn't post as much, just because we've been slammed.

Regardless, if you love it or hate it please let us know. The game was built by one designer, one developer for fun. All feedback is welcome .
08-31-2009, 07:06 PM
To be honest I actually love the look of this game, I think the bear is hilarious and even the slightly choppy stunt animations somehow add to the charm... however I feel the price is too steep for the number of levels available. I appreciate when you're only a two-man team it takes a hell of a lot of hard work to get something like this done, but App Store shoppers are a greedy bunch and with all the other $0.99 apps around they're probably quite likely to pass this one by and hope for a price drop.

...any updates planned?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Do a barrel roll!
08-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Updates we have in the works.

We already have a lite version done. Just have to integrate a few graphics.

We have an update coming that has Open Feint integrated in (local highscores, remote highscores, achievements, etc).

Both of those we'll probably submit in about a week or two.

We'll also be adding in some new levels on a subsequent release. However, I'll point out that one of the main play factors is the tricks. If you've played Tony Hawk, it has that same feel. Of course I'm biased since I'm a skateboarder myself, but I can sit there on the same level and try tricks all day long.

On a side note, this has been in dev since around February, but the engine and code base we built will allow us to rapidly evolve it now .