Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-04-2014, 02:13 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Primitives Puzzle in Time (by Crazy Labs)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 08-04-2014 at 08:07 PM..
Old 08-04-2014, 02:45 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Played the first chapter and it's interesting to say the least, gonna play some more tomorrow.

It has GameCenter which is always a good thing.

Don't see no IAP for now, so I think everybody should try it.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:57 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Played the first chapter and it's interesting to say the least, gonna play some more tomorrow.

It has GameCenter which is always a good thing.

Don't see no IAP for now, so I think everybody should try it.
The idea of the game is to finger-draw the shortest path from start to finish. Well, you have a limited path length available to draw your way to the finish (the big circle). The number inside the big circle indicates how much path you have to start with and indicates how much you still have left once you started drawing. The many obstacles force you to think about how to draw the path. Further on in the game I've seen some gates that only open when you have drawn a certain length, interesting. So the puzzles look promising, but are quite simple in the beginning so let's see how the difficulty ramps up (or not)

So how is the leaderboard scoring? Here it gets funny.
First thing I noticed is that when I replay a level, every replay increases my score even when not changing or improving my path Second thing, my GC score increases with the length of the path that I drew and not with the path length that I did not use Finally, collected stars do not influence the score.

I got my "first episode completed" achievement before I completed the first episode. I had played two levels of a different episode so I think the achievement is triggered on number of stars, not on actually completing the first episode

So apart from GC implementation, this looks like a promising game. There is no IAP to get rid of the ads and that is too bad because there are quite a few ads that you get served
Old 08-05-2014, 01:32 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saosijs View Post
The idea of the game is to finger-draw the shortest path from start to finish. Well, you have a limited path length available to draw your way to the finish (the big circle). The number inside the big circle indicates how much path you have to start with and indicates how much you still have left once you started drawing. The many obstacles force you to think about how to draw the path. Further on in the game I've seen some gates that only open when you have drawn a certain length, interesting. So the puzzles look promising, but are quite simple in the beginning so let's see how the difficulty ramps up (or not)

So how is the leaderboard scoring? Here it gets funny.
First thing I noticed is that when I replay a level, every replay increases my score even when not changing or improving my path Second thing, my GC score increases with the length of the path that I drew and not with the path length that I did not use Finally, collected stars do not influence the score.

I got my "first episode completed" achievement before I completed the first episode. I had played two levels of a different episode so I think the achievement is triggered on number of stars, not on actually completing the first episode

So apart from GC implementation, this looks like a promising game. There is no IAP to get rid of the ads and that is too bad because there are quite a few ads that you get served
When you reach chapter 3 there will be an offer to buy the full game and remove ads for 1,79 Euro.

If Game Center just ad up your score that is just a bummer, it loses some of the fun I think.

And sometimes you can draw through objects, that is not right either.

As it stands I can only give this game 3 stars.

Last edited by ROGER-NL; 08-05-2014 at 03:48 PM..
Old 08-05-2014, 02:14 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I'll wait until the next update with fixes to try this game.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:07 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

oh, and the screen does not rotate with the device, so my smart cover feels dumb

I invited the dev to join us here by sending an e-mail to Talk2Us{at}Crazy-Labs.com and after one day I received a sort of generic response kindly asking to be patient that actually came from tabtale.com. On the TabTale.com website I read that "Primitives was designed and developed by Wesome Games: http://wesomegames.com/", but Wesomegames web site did not show an e-mail address I could try as well. So let's wait for the response to my initial e-mail.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:17 PM

Default Game Impressions

Old 08-06-2014, 10:13 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Great design, interesting mechanic... One of the best puzzlers I've seen in weeks! If you like puzzlers I really think you should try it.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:20 AM

Great, like the game too much. Congratulations, Crazy Labs!
Old 08-07-2014, 04:01 AM

Default Game Impressions

Universal iOS Gameplay

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up