★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Does anyone recommend minigore?

08-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Does anyone recommend minigore?

Does anyone recommend minigore? one of my friends told me it sucks, because it has no campaign and the general gaming is incredibly boring. can anyone prove him wrong or do you think I should just skip minigore?

Thanks

Games for itouch:
Playing:
Slot Z Racer ****Warpack Grunts ****Frootrees*****
Strongly recommends frootrees
08-31-2009, 09:02 AM
it has no campaign, but it doesnt need it really that much.
but its gettin a campaign in coming updates anyway

minigore is a game thats going to improve over time, and while its 99cents i would grab it. because by time update 4 comes its going to be worth about $10, and the devs might even bring the price up a dollar or two

right now its just survive and see what score you get but update 2 is submitted and should be released by apple very very soon and update 3 is finished and will be submitted when update 2 gets released. update 4 is about half way through development (co-op comes in this update and has been worked on for a few weeks) so that should be submitted 2 or 3 weeks after episode 3 gets sent off to apple. and by then minigore will be the best app in the appstore.. again

08-31-2009, 09:04 AM
oh no, not another minigore thread!!

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................
08-31-2009, 09:33 AM
Send a message via AIM to tehsuck
I'm only a casual gamer - but for .99 I think this game is totally worthwhile - it's a fun "pick up and play" type game that is slightly addictive. The graphics are unique enough, so yes, support the developers!
08-31-2009, 09:54 AM
Anyone that grew up with a PS2 probably doesn't have that section of the brain active that transforms simplicity into beauty. Those of us who were dragged up by Pac-Man and Asteroids know that doing practically nothing for a long time can be incredibly fun.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-31-2009, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Anyone that grew up with a PS2 probably doesn't have that section of the brain active that transforms simplicity into beauty. Those of us who were dragged up by Pac-Man and Asteroids know that doing practically nothing for a long time can be incredibly fun.
Well said...very well said.
08-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Hehe, that section of the brain can be destroyed over time even among those that grew up on Atari 2600 or similar. There are games I know I *should* like, but the graphics are too ugly. Ridiculous, but it is what it is.

But with respect to Minigore...I believe its rated 4 stars in the app store with a gazillion reviews. Not everyone thinks its deep enough as is...many do, as the ratings show. Trying something for .99 with that many reviews that good isnt brain surgery. You may not like it, but its worth a try.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale

Last edited by ArtNJ; 08-31-2009 at 11:36 AM.
08-31-2009, 11:41 AM
I found a $1 on the floorboard of my car that week, and those two seconds it took to find were entirely worth it!

Gamecenter:1337brian
08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
I like Minigore, but it's appeal really doesn't last very long. I would say it's worth $.99, but don't expect it to have a ton of replay value. They nailed the controls and gameplay, there is just no substance. Hopefully there will be some updates soon

My Personal Triforce: Video Games, Metal, and Whisky

Hit me up on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DirkRugged
08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
It's a dollar - just buy it! Even if you hate it - you're only out $.99. I'm going to spend 10x that on lunch at Subway. Even someone below the poverty line could probably spare that much. And despite my confusion when it comes to the game's popularity, I don't think it's very hateable. Most people seem to enjoy it. But then, there's already thousands of posts here that say as much - leaving me to wonder why there's now another thread.