Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 PM

Default Rise of Rome

Old 08-11-2014, 06:47 AM

Who know which skills attack all enemies, my friend?
Old 08-12-2014, 12:05 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Is there a guide or tutorial that explains how to play? Cant seem to build anything yet? Not really sure what to do.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:12 PM

Default Game Impressions

This is a re-skin of Chronicles of Merlin. In many ways, that's great - CoM was a surprisingly addictive game with a reasonable amount of 'strategy' required. RoR even copied many/most of the CoM updates that never made it to iOS, and innovates in some very minor ways.

In other ways, the carbon copy-ness is a great weakness; I'm loathe to start playing because I fear that the *GODAWFUL* translations are a sign of the amount of effort the developers are going to continue to put into the app, and we'll never see any updates. It will also likely prevent players from really digging into the meat of the game, if the other posts on this thread are any indication!

I also remember the timer fatigue and "ugh, i need to find 8 people to run this raid but everyone's so far ahead of me / behind me that they won't play" (I wound up running 8 accounts on the web client of CoM for that reason...but that doesnt work here)

For those of you who are willing to keep trying, i recommend looking at the CoM wiki and reading up an early starter guide - the games are identical in nearly every respect except for names.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:12 PM

Although many of the reviews I've read of this focus on the heavy monetization, the game is fully playable at 0$ invested - pay to accelerate sure, but with time you can be at the top of the tables .

Also, the help pages are hidden at the bottom of the options bar - scroll down to find it - there is a list of skills/etc