★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ignis Studios
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 44.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Mosaic is a puzzle game about simplicity, but that doesn't mean that it's easy.

If you know the game Lights Out, you will already understand the premise of Mosaic. To win, you need to turn on all the color squares on the screen.

Completely free.
No in-app purchases or ads. Just play the game the way it is intended to be played.

Three tough modes.
Play through the Regular, Zen, and Challenge. Zen mode is an unlimited, un-timed, relaxing mode to play through the game peacefully. Challenge mode is exactly that: the hardest, most challenging version of Mosaic.

PeteOzzy's comments:

Credit to Tonk Montana for finding this
08-06-2014, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the help Pete. I hope this game gets noticed. It is worth looking at it for the great price of free.

This is a game from Ignis Studios, a side project from their main endeavor with Deozoa. It is my understanding that this game was made as a learning experience so they can get familiar with completing a game, the submission process, and all the related work associated with getting a game onto platforms. It is a labor of love and given freely to the public simply to enjoy.

Enjoyable it is. The soundtrack is great, the minimalist visuals a colourful treat to behold and the game mechanic is simple to understand yet deceptively difficult to master. For a game that is just a side-project I was also surprised to discover different play modes as well as the main 40 levels. The 'Contest' mode seems to give you random puzzles to solve within a time-limit which is really fun. There is also a zen mode which just allows you to play with it all at your leisure. It is a great experience.

My only criticism is that there doesn't seem to be a button anywhere for me to donate to their studio to support them! I think a small update is in order. It would also be neat if while in the Zen mode the colour palette gradually changed colour while playing.

Great work. Check it out.
08-07-2014, 09:34 AM
very nice game - small bug

I played your game,
I like the clean graphics and fun animations.

On iphone 4s the back to home screen button fromn the level select page is cut off, probably it is adjusted for iphone 5 tall screen.
08-15-2014, 03:43 AM
I know. I told them about the cut-off icon. They will fix it.

How fun and relaxing is the gameplay though. Challenging.