Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 08-07-2014, 02:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default BIOSHOCK On iOS What do you expect from BIOSHOCK graphical performance?

Well,BIOSHOCK it's coming This summer on iOS,since in it's thread there are more question of The performance related to The iOS vs XBOX 360 version instead of talking only of The GAME itself,here you can discuss what BIOSHOCK can give to iOS,how benefits,And talking about The graphics,performance,And what you want from BIOSHOCK!!
Old 08-07-2014, 03:33 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x

As long as it feels/plays like bioshock, I'll be more than satisfied. If I want the whole console experience, then I'd play it on console.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar123967 View Post
As long as it feels/plays like bioshock, I'll be more than satisfied. If I want the whole console experience, then I'd play it on console.
We're think The same,OMG that BIOSHOCK will be on my pocket..And i play on my PS3 if i want The full experience(dynamic shadows,etc..) i play on my PS3 8 playtrough..for me it just good that it's a full-port,it's normal that they cut some grapchics on iOS,also on iPad air,iPhone 5s,cause The limit of The hardware according with The devs,i'm sure that even The New iPhone 6,with A8 chip+METAL feature,can't handle The 360,PS3 version..
Old 08-07-2014, 04:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-lord View Post
IGN compares the iOS and Xbox 360 versions: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/08/04...ics-comparison

As you can see, the iOS version if patently inferior to a NINE YEAR OLD console!

If anything it looks like the visuals will be PS2 level.

------------

Also, PocketTactics mentions 3 reasons why the port won't be great. I disagree with their first and third points (since for me personally, once you are willing to learn the controls, touchscreen FPS games are OK; and I play on an iPad so the small screen is not an issue).

However, I agree with #2. Why Bioshock? It is quite a bit more complex compared to other first-person shooters. The magic/vigours function seemed hard enough for me to use when I played Infinite on PC, so I can only imagine how unnecessarily complex this will make the game on a touchscreen. Eventually, I played Infinite without focusing on the vigours (though I did use some sporadically).

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/io...reat-thats-ok/

PS: If you read till the end, PT takes a nice lil dig at TA.
I see The controls,And i hope will be costumizable,i like a polished HUD,touch on enemy to use plasmids,free-Pad,And touch 2 time on enemy for shoot..I will play on iPhone,small screen,i buy The New iPad when coming out,i'm not like The air..

Last edited by oldsnake; 08-07-2014 at 05:23 AM..
Old 08-07-2014, 11:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnake View Post
i'm sure that even The New iPhone 6,with A8 chip+METAL feature,can't handle The 360,PS3 version..
well considering that the iphone 6 will most likely have at least a GX6650 powerVR gpu (since its the one coming directly after the chip inside the iphone 5s) and considering that chip is slightly more powerful than the tegra k1, which is more powerful than the ps3/ xbox 360, i'll say why not?!
Old 08-08-2014, 01:08 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I think the size limit restrictions of the App Store have played as much of a part as anything else. While I don't think the game would have been identical to the 360/PS3 version had the ceiling been raised by Apple in the file size limit allowed, I do think on A7 devices it would have been closer than it is now.

It would have even nice to see the Developers wait for iOS 8 and utilise Metal to see what that could allow them to do, but again the limit on file size means fitting a console game onto the App Store means sacrificing a lot of in game assets.

That said, before I watched the comparison video I was blown away and, from memory, it looked exactly like Bioshock as I remembered it. I've not played the game since way back when it came out and didn't even bother with 2 since I long since ditched my 360.

It's an instant buy from me, absolutely cannot wait to have Bioshock on my iPad Air alongside X-Com.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:09 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornProphet View Post
I think the size limit restrictions of the App Store have played as much of a part as anything else. While I don't think the game would have been identical to the 360/PS3 version had the ceiling been raised by Apple in the file size limit allowed, I do think on A7 devices it would have been closer than it is now.

It would have even nice to see the Developers wait for iOS 8 and utilise Metal to see what that could allow them to do, but again the limit on file size means fitting a console game onto the App Store means sacrificing a lot of in game assets.

That said, before I watched the comparison video I was blown away and, from memory, it looked exactly like Bioshock as I remembered it. I've not played the game since way back when it came out and didn't even bother with 2 since I long since ditched my 360.

It's an instant buy from me, absolutely cannot wait to have Bioshock on my iPad Air alongside X-Com.
Instant Buy from me too,i don't see Apple filesize like The major problem,there lot of confusion about it..The 2GB limit it's for The download(COMPRESSED) of every app,but after insallation i've games that Are more than 3GB,what i don't know if there a limit of UNCOMPRESSED files of apps..then,there are IAP for DLC,like REPUBLIQUE,when you buy The app,it's 900MB(1.3GB UNCOMPRESSED)then,from within The GAME,The EP 2,The 3 Making of,put The GAME size to 3.3GB,And there other 3 EP coming that can put The total size to up 5GB..we need devices with 256GB of space,seriously..then if Apple take out The 2GB download it's better for sure..
Old 08-08-2014, 03:45 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

What i super excited for BIOSHOCK it's that it's The FIRST EVER UNREAL ENGINE 3 WITH NO RESTRICTION,FREE-ROAMING On iOS! Look at IB 1,2,3,HORN,AND all The other UE3,where you touch to move,here you can go everywhere with you're Free-Pad,virtual Joystick,so,i'm super excited on how it work..
Old 08-08-2014, 04:10 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

if they add real time shadow with current graphics level shown on TA's video then I'm gold. thats all I'm asking. rts will add more depth into atmosphere of the game.

ps. with rts i mean better dynamic lightning not just a baked one. at least make them available as an option on A8 device. I'm going to play this game on iphone 6 for better experience. not going to ruin the real bioshock exp by playing the game on lower graphics setting.

Last edited by redribbon; 08-08-2014 at 04:13 AM..
Old 08-08-2014, 05:01 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
if they add real time shadow with current graphics level shown on TA's video then I'm gold. thats all I'm asking. rts will add more depth into atmosphere of the game.

ps. with rts i mean better dynamic lightning not just a baked one. at least make them available as an option on A8 device. I'm going to play this game on iphone 6 for better experience. not going to ruin the real bioshock exp by playing the game on lower graphics setting.
I play eventually BIOSHOCK on my iPhone 5,then,when in italy come The iPhone 6 i play on it,it's universal,And yeah,dynamic shadows for A8 devices as option will be great..but if i had to sacrifice FPS,it's better without them..