★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Why Does It Spin? $2.99-FREE!!!

08-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Why Does It Spin? $2.99-FREE!!!

08-07-2014, 10:57 AM
because it´s the target of an external force (or many un-balanced forces) that communicates it a rotational movement

08-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Wasnt this released last week or the week before?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Wasnt this released last week or the week before?
Yeah, I believe last week.
08-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Yeah, this came out last week and TA even covered the release in the weekly release lists. The thread though has had very little activity.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=238275

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
08-07-2014, 03:50 PM
I would prefer better control for this game and especially to remove this irritating thing when you got hit on the wall and you have to "re-calibrate". Also, I don't like the colors and the textures and the whole colors patterns. The road could be plain simple and not frustrating and the whole game could be more colorful.
08-08-2014, 04:26 AM
Thanks for this short discussion. Just to clarify some things:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkarafo View Post
...especially to remove this irritating thing when you got hit on the wall and you have to "re-calibrate".
Re-calibration: Actually it's not a calibration, but rather a ui element that tells the player how it was calibrated (e.g. if you play in a 45° angle). This is not needed every time you touch the wall, of course! That would destroy the gameplay! It happens only when "re-entering" a map after pausing or starting it.

Quote:
Also, I don't like the colors and the textures and the whole colors patterns.
Colors: Although most of our tester were very satisfied with the coloring we have reacted to a few remarks that the game looks a bit…grayish. There is an update v1.0.1 submitted for review and will be release asap.

Quote:
The road could be plain simple and not frustrating and the whole game could be more colorful.
Plain simple road: That would be a bit… boring. But if you want, you can easily remove the shader effects like reflections/refractions, etc. by setting the graphics setting in the options from HIGH down to LOW. If you have iPhone4 this is the only mode available. We have also improved the look on the road in v1.0.1 by adding from map to map varying texturing.

Quote:
I would prefer better control for this game...
I'm interested in your opinion: As far as we know, you are really the first person among many players who is not satisfied with the controls. So far we only got very positive feedback on both tilt and touch controls (e.g. cf. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=238275 or reviews on AppSpy, iPlayApps, …). So could you please comment on what you didn't like in more detail?

Have fun with YDIS!

Last edited by LarsKrecklau; 08-12-2014 at 04:08 AM.
08-08-2014, 04:36 AM

08-10-2014, 12:53 PM
So, why does it spin? Do tell.