Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-07-2014, 07:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default [Soft Launch - CA] Reclaim (by no-pact)

Quote:
CA Soft Launch info:

The Game is Soft Launching in Canada. Size of the app is 54.1 MB.

Price in CA is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Command your gunship deep into the heart of evil robot oppressors and reclaim Aurus once and for all! Reclaim’s intense action will challenge even the most hardcore players!

WHAT PLAYERS AND PRESS SAID ABOUT RECLAIM
- “no-pact knows what they’re doing with Reclaim” - Oyungezer
- “Impressive visuals and gameplay” - Techno-Labs
- “I love the way controls are smooth and responsive! It’s an exciting challenge to blow up enemies and avoid obstacles at the same time. I kept on starting a new run every time they destroyed my gunship!”
- “It’s a joy to switch lanes while destroying enemy robots. It feels like the Death Star trench run.”
- “It’s delightful to challenge my friends. I wanted to go deeper and deeper into enemy lines!”
- “I love the music!”

GAME DESCRIPTION
- Discover Aurus, a colonized planet now overrun by oppressive robots seeking to erase the last traces of humanity on its surface.
- Command a futuristic gunship capable of moving at great speeds and equipped with powerful weapons.
- Avoid deadly obstacles, defeat cunning enemy robots trying to stop you at every turn and collect valuable Cores and Shards.
- Invest the resources you collect into gunship upgrades, purchase time limited boosts or revive your crew so you can keep on playing after your gunship is destroyed!
- Complete challenging missions to achieve higher scores.
- Challenge your friends and players from all around the world to be the best Reclaim player!

KEY FEATURES
- Innovative hybrid of shooter and endless runner
- Randomly generated levels: you never play the same game twice
- Gorgeous 3D graphics at a smooth 60 frames per second on recent devices
- Fast-paced tactical skirmishes driven by complex enemy AI
- Endless mission system will help you discover every aspect of the game
- Comprehensive gunship upgrade system
- Challenge your friends and players from around the world
- Original rock soundtrack
- Intense action will satisfy even the most hardcore players
- Made by gamers for gamers

REQUIREMENTS
Reclaim runs on iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPad Mini and iPod 5.

Reclaim is optimized for iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina.

CONTACT
Do you have feedback on Reclaim? Requests for upcoming updates? Do you just want to say hi? We would love to hear from you! Drop us an e-mail - info@nopact.com

Visit our website: www.nopact.com

FOLLOW US
Follow us for the latest Reclaim news and contests:
facebook.com/nopact
twitter.com/nopact

iPhone Screenshots:

Old 08-07-2014, 07:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Think I broke my neck there.

Shooter slash endless runner? I'll check that out
Edit: disappointed
Edit2: disappointed it's not what I thought it would play like but it's solid as it is

First start gameplay

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Trailer

Gameplay

Last edited by Echoen; 08-08-2014 at 09:33 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 08:21 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

LOL... Thanks for TOFTT Echoen. Seems they spent more time making the trailer than they did making the gameplay. Auto-aim for a runner like this is fail for me. That, and it seems you can revive with money. :P
Old 08-08-2014, 04:30 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default Hello, developer here

Hello, this is Cem from no-pact, the team that developed Reclaim.

Our intention was to develop a fun, tough and innovative action game combining shooters and endless runners. I'd be very happy to hear your comments and answer your questions on everything related to Reclaim
Old 08-08-2014, 04:34 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoen View Post
Think I broke my neck there.

Shooter slash endless runner? I'll check that out
Edit: disappointed
Hello @Echoen, thanks for checking Reclaim out.

Please let me know why and how Reclaim disappointed you so we can improve things for the next update. We have many things planned for the upcoming updates so there's a chance what you couldn't find in the game now will be available soon.

Thanks for your support!
Old 08-08-2014, 04:46 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
LOL... Thanks for TOFTT Echoen. Seems they spent more time making the trailer than they did making the gameplay. Auto-aim for a runner like this is fail for me. That, and it seems you can revive with money. :P
Hey @Exact-Psience,

We sure did spend a good amount of time making the trailer but let me assure you we spent a whole lot more time making the game

We experimented with the Gatling (the auto-aim minigun) aiming quite a lot. We tried gyro-aiming, virtual joysticks, aiming with swipe and other methods. In the end we concluded that anything other than auto-aim for the Gatling will overwhelm the player because you have to avoid obstacles, collect resources and fire your guns at the same time and that's already quite a lot of effort!

Then there's the Gatling overheat... If you fire too long, it'll overheat. So that adds another layer of challenge.

The timing of the Pounder gun (the big cannon) is also a challenge, especially when enemies avoid it deftly in the later stages of the game.

Regarding reviving, you can only revive using Shards. You can either collect them in game, or purchase them with real money. If you don't have enough Shards in your bank, the game will ask you if you'd like to purchase a pack of Shards so you can revive. I'm realizing the communication of this process wasn't clear enough so it might come through as you're reviving with real money. That's definitely not the way it should be, and we'll take your comment into account when we improve the revive flow.

I'd love you to try Reclaim again with these in mind and please let me know what you think. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2014, 04:47 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Command your gunship deep into the heart of evil robot oppressors and reclaim Aurus once and for all! Reclaim’s intense action will challenge even the most hardcore players!
Finally, big thanks to @PeteOzzy for picking Reclaim up from the App Store and starting the thread!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:13 AM

Since your being active on here I'll download and take a look too.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:03 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
Since your being active on here I'll download and take a look too.
Cool, let me know what you think.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:01 PM

Only played a little but I thought I'd give initial impressions.

So on the controls discussion I have to agree with the dev in that the way the controls are make sense to me. As you get further along at higher speeds it would be insane to try and keep an eye on objects coming up along with aiming and firing.

I think the controls are pretty good with the swiping to change lanes along with holding to shoot the gattling which auto aims and swipe up to fire a shot down your lane or down for a multi shot down the lane.

So far one thing I don't like is how hot the game makes my phone, I wouldn't have thought a runner type would do so. But then again I've played many games lately that do this.