Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-09-2014, 06:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Pirate Bash (by DeNA Corp.)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 08-21-2014 at 06:40 AM..
Old 08-09-2014, 09:25 AM

Woah, been playing this some and I must say it's quite enjoyable. This is an Angry birds/Worms mash-up that is sure to become a hit. I haven't encountered any ads nor a necessity to buy iaps yet. Very charming atmosphere and characters. Great job so far Dena and ngmoco, you guys are on a roll lately.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:38 AM

Default Game Impressions

Old 08-09-2014, 10:24 AM

Looks and sounds pretty good although I'm not convinced with it being DeNA, downloading to take a look and hoping it's good.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:49 PM

So it is ngmoco I guess DeNA is the publisher?

Anyway spent a while with the game now and if you like angry birds you'll love it. I don't like angry birds so much and I like it so far.

You unlock different crewe that attack in different ways, you can set them up differently depending on your ship. Each had gear that you can unlock and level up, weapons change attacks quite significantly and you can also level up those pieces of gear.

Combat is similar Angry birds where levels are set out but this time they get to attack you back! So far I've only done a little pvp and actually won all but 1 game, I'm unsure if the pvp is live or if I'm just battling the Crewe of another player controlled by AI. Although when in pvp the attacks are much better and more accurate so it's hard to tell right now.

Either way it's well worth a try, but of course it has IAP currency which you can buy weapons and ships ect with so you can pay to win I guess. But in pvp you only get the choice to attack people of the same level.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:55 AM

I too am really enjoying this game. No timers, no ads and iap seem like more of an added benefit than a burden at this point. This is a really easy game to jump right into and once you are in you find that it's loaded with awesome content. This one will be on my phone for awhile
Old 08-10-2014, 04:34 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

The Gameplay:

Old 08-10-2014, 07:20 AM

Nice to see someone else here enjoying it. Who do you use on your team? Mainly at the minute I'm using the barrels, arrow and anchor characters and doing pretty well in missions and really well in pvp.

I need better gear though but it sucks that ships and epic/gold chests cost coins, I purchased a ship that had spots for 5 thinking oh that'll make pvp even easier but sadly can still only use 3 and there are better layouts for some of those.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:17 AM

Just wanted to add that it's getting better, unlocking more pirates with varying attack methods, also each pirate has 3 pieces of gear which are a weapon and 2 clothing items.

The weapons of course buff damage and can change attacks along with giving special ability attacks. Also now the clothing adds abilities when you find better items, not as cool as the weapon ones yet but still really good!
Old 08-10-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
Nice to see someone else here enjoying it. Who do you use on your team? Mainly at the minute I'm using the barrels, arrow and anchor characters and doing pretty well in missions and really well in pvp.l

I need better gear though but it sucks that ships and epic/gold chests cost coins, I purchased a ship that had spots for 5 thinking oh that'll make pvp even easier but sadly can still only use 3 and there are better layouts for some of those.
I'm finding on later levels that I'm having to play them quite a few times to figure out which of my crew is best set up for the landscape and obstacles. Some layouts seem nearly impossible without certain crew members.

I guess this is why the game is in soft launch, for balancing etc. I really like the harpoon chick, but she is sort of useless on most levels.

I think that the PvP is just someone else's crew controlled by AI. And like you I have only lost one battle.

I'm not quite sure how the power-ups work either. Like my dude with the explosive green boxes I'll use it and it shows a finger tapping on the enemies but when I tap there they all explode mid-air? Any suggestions?