★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Samuel Marin
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 18.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: Ranked #1 in Belgium!

Press Quotes:

"An original and friendly game which will slide to success" - Funtouch

"This title combines skill and reflection at the junction between Tiny Wings and Cut the Rope and seems destined to a bright future" - jeuxvideo.com

"Sliding Sam is an adorable puzzle-platformer that takes the best aspect of Line Rider and you can have a lot of fun creating complex pathways for Sam" - SlideToPlay

"Fun line drawing physics puzzler. Addictive! Nice graphics!" - One of the many reviewers

Description:

Meet Sam! Sam loves his girlfriend but he is far away from her. Luckily you can help him! Use your finger to draw the lines on which Sam will slide to return to her. Use your skill and imagination to avoid the obstacles, take the boosts and finally get a kiss as your reward :-). Enjoy this fun and original gaming experience with over 100 levels in 5 different universes!

Features:

- HD graphics and new artwork!
- Highly addictive!
- Fun and original gaming experience
- 100 levels in 5 different universes
- Cute graphics and animations
- Realistic physics
- A lot of different solutions to complete each level
- Achievements and leaderboard
08-11-2014, 09:21 PM
This seems to have flown under the radar. It was a few bucks, dropped to free for exposure I guess. Quite good if you like this kinda thing, Cut the Rope etc. Very polished.

08-11-2014, 09:49 PM
So fun, but you should have something to prevent user to draw something not relevant with the game. It will take the game better.

Pine Entertainment
08-12-2014, 03:11 AM
Sorry. Double posting.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
08-12-2014, 03:12 AM
iPad version free for the first time (and for a limited time obviously)!!! Highly recommended! My short review here @ tA. Don't miss that folks!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
08-12-2014, 03:44 AM
It's very good, I always try and get the perfect score but getting the perfect line is a bit hit and miss but certainly recommended 😄

GaZ
08-12-2014, 08:49 AM
Fun game.
08-12-2014, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Fun game.
Yep, agreed. With full GC integration I'm surprised I hadn't heard of this one.
08-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Yep, agreed. With full GC integration I'm surprised I hadn't heard of this one.
Oh yeah! I've had this on the iPhone for a long time and this game is very challenging and addictive! Good for kiddies, daddies, or grandpas!
08-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Tried the iphone version today, and it was pretty fun.

Edit:

Wanted to update this post with my final feedback. I posted this to the sale thread.

I've put some time in with this and I think the major flaw with it (on iPhone 4S) is the same as other line drawing games, my finger covers too much of the screen this making precision drawing a difficult thing. It's a good game but ultimately in the higher levels I don't feel like I have the precision required to draw perfect enough lines without it being frustrating to the point of being unenjoyable. I'm about 1/2 way through chapter 2 and am already considering this a delete. I bet its better on iPad where there's a little more real estate to work with.

This reminds me of World of Goo. I loved it on wii but found the iOS version unenjoyable for the same finger in the way of precision issue. Ultimately I feel like the Steam version is the best of that game as the controls are just perfect. I bet this would be more fun with a mouse on PC/Mac.

Last edited by nightc1; 08-12-2014 at 10:18 PM.