Robin Williams... Rest In Peace

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KineticBlur, Aug 12, 2014.

1. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    In utter disbelief right now! My goodness... :( :( :(

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, it's definitely sad. Had a lot of talent. RIP.

3. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I can't believe it either. It's always the funny guys that end up having the depression. Wether you liked him or not everyone knew who Robin was. I am one of those guys who likes movies with twists, CGI and splattered full of testosterone. None of that matters because all his movies had a place on my shelf. I don't care what anyone says the guy was in a league of his own. I know he suffered with depression and drug addiction from news reels but never thought it was real. You never believe the crap you see on stars or ET. I guess he really did need a friend. He was on my list of guys to see in person....

I didn't know him at all obviously, the legend he was, I'll be thinking about him for the next little while. One of my good friends killed himself by hanging this summer, left a four year old girl... God this irks me... I wish I would have answered the phone that night instead of assuming he was drunk and being stupid....

Dammit..... Dam....

4. Handle

Handle Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    UK
    Unbelievable.

I'm going to get Worlds Greatest Dad and give it a watch, something I've had sitting on the shelf for a while.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Omg what a shock, had no idea til I read this. he will be greatly missed. I don't think I've seen a bad film with him in it and I love Mork and Mindy as a child.

Juamnji is one of my Daughters favourite films, I've been trying to explain depression and addiction to her lately as a very close family member has a big problem with it (they are still in the denial stage) so this is worrying to her and it kind of breaks my heart to not be able to tell her everything is ok as I dint know it will be.

Mike thank you for sharing your story, I'm sure that will haunt you but don't don't blame yourself, I've been avoiding calls and ignoring the door from the person I mentioned above for the very same reasons, thinking they are just drunk and annoying, but I'll be sure to answer now as one day that call could be the call for help.

My heart goes out to robins family, it must have been so difficult to support him during his addictions and other issues and having it all play out it public must be awful. I so hope the press keave them alone to grieve in private.

6. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    RIP.

Been watching him since the 70's, a great loss :(

Nanu Nanu

7. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
  8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    "You're only given a spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."

Robin Williams, 1951 - 2014

9. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Tragedy , I will always remember him from Peter Pan movie.

10. "What year is it ?" Jumanji RIP.

11. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think I'm the only person I know who actually disliked him and never found his movies good. I'm actually pretty surprised at the reaction everywhere he's much more popular than I thought.

On another note it's pretty spooky someone on IGN basically called this on Friday.

12. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Damn. That's pretty weird.

13. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    rip :(

14. Kapamilya2

Kapamilya2 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    RIP Robin Williams.

15. ChocoIceCream

ChocoIceCream Active Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Loved Jumanji. RIP Robin.

16. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #16 Andy C83, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    Wake up to find people tweeting photos of Robin Williams' corpse to his daughter. This world will destroy itself one day.

17. CrossbowRules

CrossbowRules Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Not cool. Seriously what's up with that?

18. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    Peter Pan forever.

19. buggertWart23

buggertWart23 New Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I met him once. He was sweet, and just as kind as anyone says. I was recording at a studio where he was looping some ADR. I've been watching his Carson appearances all day on http://pluto.tv/#!&channel=RobinWilliams I'll miss you so much.

20. Handle

Handle Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    UK
    It turns out he was in the early stages of Parkinsons, can't help but feel that was also a factor. It would be sad to see someone as energetic as him succomb to that.