Support our Sponsors:

Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 PM

Default TourStar

Old 08-12-2014, 01:05 PM

Gamedev story for music this is not. Its a decent simulator for a touring band. This is a few steps up from the kim kardashian abomination in the app store but lacks all the charm that kairosoft has with their games.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:58 PM

I downloaded this one because I like the simulation and love music... I should really like it.

I'm a little ticked at the moment. I went "on tour" which were a few events and after the first one... I get this "amp is broken" event after every gig that cost 2500 dollars and 20 fame.

Now how are you suppose to advance to even level 5 when you get set back 20 fame ( you only get $250-350 per gig and 4 to 5 fame per gig starting out) every gig? Even if would happen every other gig... You're never going to advance. It's literally "one step forward and two steps back".

I hope this is remedied soon.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:29 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

This happened to me as well. I really like Band Boss. I couldn't get into Star Factory so I hope this one is good.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:10 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythys View Post
I downloaded this one because I like the simulation and love music... I should really like it.

I'm a little ticked at the moment. I went "on tour" which were a few events and after the first one... I get this "amp is broken" event after every gig that cost 2500 dollars and 20 fame.

Now how are you suppose to advance to even level 5 when you get set back 20 fame ( you only get $250-350 per gig and 4 to 5 fame per gig starting out) every gig? Even if would happen every other gig... You're never going to advance. It's literally "one step forward and two steps back".

i ran into this last night too when i started playing. on the bright side, it does not bring your cash to negative, just resets it to $0.

it gets easier once you're past level 3-4, when you have access to more tours and you record your 1st album. the cashflow you'll be raking in will make the event insignificant.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:51 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

the game gets boring way too fast. Past level 5, which (coincidentally? is the level where you need to pay to unlock the full game), you can steamroll through everything the game has to offer. I got to level 22 from level 5 within an hour of playing, have $5mil to splurge on, have attain 2mil fame, maxed out all upgrades.

no idea what the developer is aiming for, but took me less than a day to get bored of it.

will not recommend to others.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:41 AM

Unplayable, crashes at random intervals.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:04 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Which is the best?... Tourstar, band boss, story of a band or band stars?
Old 08-13-2014, 11:03 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This game is extremely simple. Boring, not recommended.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythys View Post

A easy fix when the window pops up telling you what you lost just quit out of the app press the home button twice then close the app from there. When you start the app you won't have lost any money or fame and you can try that tour again.