Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-12-2014, 01:18 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Swipe & Slash (by Daniel Fairley)

Old 08-12-2014, 10:53 PM

Pulled? This isn't showing up in the US store.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Its there now. I just downloaded it. I found this game while I was trolling online (I don't even remember where I found it) but they created it for the 2014 Indie Game Maker Contest. I went back to the indie site to suggest that the devs check in here for feedback. I like the premise of the game-sort of an RPG/Quest/Threes combo, but the controls have a bit of getting used to. The swipes are not as smooth as I'd like and when there's a strike, the screen shakes (intentionally, I assume) but Im not a fan of screen shakes. Otherwise, I don't see any IAP and I think this game has potential. Ive certainly spent 99 cents on worse.

Last edited by PBSNellie; 08-16-2014 at 04:25 PM..
Old 08-17-2014, 01:22 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the post PBSNellie. We have a patch in at the moment to fix a bug with shields as well as some of the tutorial text. The screenshake is definitely intentional as it adds a little *umph* to hits. We can definitely look into making the swiping a little smoother.

For a little background on the game, we entered the RPGMaker Contest with this idea. The goal at the end was always to get something ready for mobile. As you might have noticed, the rules for cards follows almost the exact same rules as Threes. I actually contacted Asher Volmer (creator of Threes) to ask permission to use the ruleset. After the whole 2048 debacle, I didn't want to get accused of cloning either. We're still waiting for the results of judging, but after the entry deadline, we spent another month polishing and balancing and adding Google Play and GameCenter integration. I hope you all enjoy.

Here's the trailer for the game: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I89i-WBVbzI[/url]

You can also hear our postmortem here (with gameplay footage): [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nMd8dVRzik[/url]

Last edited by poemdexter; 08-17-2014 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: fixed links
Old 08-17-2014, 02:00 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Looks fantastic! Plus you added new game +, sold! Downloading now!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:06 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Very cool that you contacted Vollmer. Im looking forward to the evolution of this one. I will be honest and say that I do enjoy a couple of the threes clones (I have threes) that add a little extra twists to the game.