★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Soldier, you have been drafted to fly the most hardcore helicopters from all military forces. The entire world is under attack and your duty is to save the Earth from doom! So, welcome aboard, youre now part of the Combat Helicopter Offensive Pacification Squad. Call it C.H.O.P.S.!

When problems cannot be resolved on the ground, it is time for the air forces to join the battlefield. This is the moment that all of your years of hard training will be put at test. Will you be able to destroy all the enemies and save the day?

Face many different types of aircrafts and helicopters and take all of them down before it is too late. Use various weapons and slugs to fight your way to the victory. Prove that you have nerves of steel and do not forget to avoid obstacles while piloting your chopper.

UPGRADES AND CUSTOMIZATION
In C.H.O.P.S. you earn coins every time you shoot down an enemy , so you can customize four different types of helicopters and upgrade your weapons. And believe me, soldier: you are going to need every little piece of help an upgrade can offer.

WEAPONS
Have a blast of fun with the Machine Gun, the Missile, the Laser, the Flamethrower and much more! Upgrade them up to 12 times to make them stronger and virtually unbeatable!

ORBITOIDS
Dreadful drones will help you fire and defeat the enemies willing to take you out of combat. Combine them with your weapons and increase your fire power and decrease your chances of sending home a KIA -- killed in action -- notice.

HIGHLIGHTS
XP: After every match you gain combat experience to level up your weapons and orbitoids
Classic gameplay: tap and hold the screen to go up and release to go down
Retro & old school design: relive the amazing and classic action of side-scrolling pixel art games
Loads of enemy threats and challenges to beat
Endless gameplay: how far can you go without being destroyed?
Challenging tasks: take down as many mercenaries as you can

Buckle up and dominate the sky to master the worlds most advanced combat aircraft machine! Download now C.H.O.P.S. and enjoy the most exciting action packed side-scrolling helicopter game.

Are you ready to boom some enemies, soldier? You had better be!

Disclaimer: While this App is completely free to play, some additional content can be purchased for real money in-game. If you do not want to use this feature, please turn off in-app purchases in your device's settings.

Like our page on Facebook and be the first to know about our upcoming games and updates! http://fb.com/tappshq

felipewatanabe's comments:
Hello again, guys. Any fans of arcade, helicopters and side scrolling shooter games? C.H.O.P.S. is now live on the App Store. It's a very solid arcade game with nice progression and upgrades for the choppers and weapons. Some great retro graphics as well!

Let me know what you think! Any feedback is welcome as always!

08-12-2014, 04:55 PM
This is a really fun, challenging game! I'm really glad I got it and liked it so much, I paid to remove the ads. It's got awesome retro-style graphics and great, repeated playabilty. I love the backgrounds and I hope you keep adding to the already nice variety of choppers, weapons and bad guys (even more variety in bad guys would be great.) Great game!

08-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Absolutely love the look of this one. Downloading it now.

EDIT: Ok, I'm really digging this game so far. I started it up and next thing I know, I killed an hour. Definitely worth a download if your into shmups like this.

Last edited by NOEN; 08-12-2014 at 08:07 PM.
08-12-2014, 06:54 PM
No Game Center leaderboard?
08-12-2014, 09:09 PM
08-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Great to know you're digging it!

@Echoen Since we develop for a variety of platforms, adding leader boards is not very straight forward. But I'll add it to our backlog, this game could really do with Game Center.
11-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Dug up this gem
11-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Wow. How the heck did I miss this? Playing it now nice find! Gotta love the Flappycopter lol

Billy
11-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Wow. How the heck did I miss this? Playing it now nice find! Gotta love the Flappycopter lol

Billy
Yea, this was/is a REALLY good game. I played the hell outta this for quite awhile. I'll have to check, but if I'm not mistaken, there's another helicopter game really similar to this that released like a month or 2 ago. . I know I have it on my phone somewhere. I just have to find out what week it released. (I have all my folders categorized by release weeks. It's a mess.) But, yea. This game is pretty legit.

EDIT: Ok, I finally found it. It's by the same developer/publisher called Birds of Glory. VERY similar gameplay. It has more of a cartoon drawing art style, rather than the pixel art and this one is mission based. I'm not sure if it's got an endless mode yet. F2P, so it's worth checking out. So far, it's pretty decent.

Last edited by NOEN; 11-03-2015 at 08:21 PM.
11-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Pretty sure same company makes both games. They gave a huge library of under the radar games that are crazy solid games .
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Yea, this was/is a REALLY good game. I played the hell outta this for quite awhile. I'll have to check, but if I'm not mistaken, there's another helicopter game really similar to this that released like a month or 2 ago. . I know I have it on my phone somewhere. I just have to find out what week it released. (I have all my folders categorized by release weeks. It's a mess.) But, yea. This game is pretty legit.

EDIT: Ok, I finally found it. It's by the same developer/publisher called Birds of Glory. VERY similar gameplay. It has more of a cartoon drawing art style, rather than the pixel art and this one is mission based. I'm not sure if it's got an endless mode yet. F2P, so it's worth checking out. So far, it's pretty decent.