★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "What does it take to make an addictive game? Not too much just some simple controls, fantastic graphics, and basic physics. Defender of the Wood is one such game."
- Appsrumors 5/5 Stars

"The game is a good play, and we'd highly recommend it to arcade game fans."
- MacNN.com

Summer is Coming.

The realm is in peril! Nasty little Goblin-Things have been spotted massing in the forest. The King has assembled his best archers for training to prepare for the onslaught! Is it too little too late?

Test your skill! Find out what it takes to impress Lord Astirian and become... a Defender of the Wood. Take on the goblin horde and challenge your friends' hi-scores!

The King has also put out a grand bounty on the fearsome creatures. Make sure you upgrade your amor and weapons before taking the war to their dragon commander.

One person called it "a tour de force in finger pressing."

Features:

- Newfangled wind dynamic! Keep an eye on that flag.
- Aim Assist? Pah! Aim Assist is for the weak!
- Top of the line VGA graphics!
- Outstanding anachronistic emitter effects.
- Unparalleled Parallax. (Not Really)
- Incredible 320x200 resolution.

PeteOzzy's comments:

My iPad isn't updated enough to play this so I haven't been able to quality check, sorry. But the humour and visuals seem good enough to risk at least.
08-14-2014, 02:43 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to malaheart Send a message via Skype™ to malaheart
It's a single screen, shooting arrows at a target. I give it half a star.

08-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Sorry, it's my first attempt at a game. I'm planning to flesh it out as time permits.
08-14-2014, 01:28 PM
It has potential, but it definitely needs more variety and substance.
08-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks, I think I might pull it for now and re-release later with more content. I thought it would do for now as a light distraction or whatever but it's not really my final vision for it.
08-15-2014, 12:39 AM
I think that would be a good idea. I like what you have, but it just needs more. It'd be sweet if there was a story involved with varying missions. Ability to upgrade your bow. Give it that RPG edge that makes games more fun. I'd also like to see a paid option in the game that would eliminate the hideous banner ad ats at the top of the screen.
08-15-2014, 08:05 AM
Game Impressions

08-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Thanks man, you've made me feel a little better about my first endeavor! It's also like you read my To Do list too! My #1 enemy is time, I'm doing everything on this part-time.

Anyway, I'm gonna have little Goblin dudes to shoot at soon hopefully, I'll see if I can prototype some gameplay this weekend.

I also want to add different types of enemies and power-ups. I may also highlight the wind flag at the start 'cause everyone is totally missing that wind mechanic.
08-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Hey thanks for the video Sanuku!
08-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astirian View Post
Thanks man, you've made me feel a little better about my first endeavor! It's also like you read my To Do list too! My #1 enemy is time, I'm doing everything on this part-time.

Anyway, I'm gonna have little Goblin dudes to shoot at soon hopefully, I'll see if I can prototype some gameplay this weekend.

I also want to add different types of enemies and power-ups. I may also highlight the wind flag at the start 'cause everyone is totally missing that wind mechanic.
Sounds awesome. Enemies and other targets are a good idea. Changing the scenery would be cool too. Not sure how much time and effort that would take, but I think it would make the experience more robust.

Highlighting the wind would also be a good idea. I had no clue about it until I noticed it just now watching the above video.