★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Killer Sudoku (Another Sudoku Game)

12-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Killer Sudoku (Another Sudoku Game)

New Sudoku game...

Out of curiosity anyone going to get it?

Also how many Sudoku games have you downloaded and played?
12-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Sorry tyo burst your bubble but this has been out for weeks. It just got a price drop.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
12-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
Sorry tyo burst your bubble but this has been out for weeks. It just got a price drop.
Good point...

Still curious as to the motivation of developers continuing to make Sudoku and those who purchase these games.
12-16-2008, 07:51 PM
I dont know, i mean you only need one game, if that. Its a very niche game, for people who only like number puzzles. I dont have any so i cant recommend them.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
12-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Okay, I confess, I do enjoy a good Sudoku game. Having said that I can only handle the easy versions.

I was initially surprised at just how many Sudoku games there are in the AppStore. I mean I know that they are popular but I did not know why so many devs would create essentially the same game. Then I tried one for myself. It was on promotion and available for free so I thought I'd get it and that would be me all set for a Sudoku game. Wrong. It was difficult to enter a number in the grid. Too many steps were involved. So when another game was on promotion (also free) I tried that one. And the easy game mode was way too hard for me. So then I tried another one. Yikes! That one was all about glitzy graphics and in your face special effects. So on to the next one. And so on. I ended up with more Sudoku games than I care to count. And I have finally found one that I actually enjoy using - Mr Sudoku. Everything about it is just right.

I don't think that I am alone in my search for a version that is just right. On one hand I dislike that the AppStore is "clogged" by so many copies of this type of game. Yet on the other hand I really did need to try a large number of them before I found one that is a joy to play. Entering solved numbers is easy. So too is penciling in numbers. The screen colours are subtle and easy to look at for a prolonged period (yes, it normally takes me ages to finish a game). My quest is over. I've found what I was looking for. I've even deleted all those other Sudoku games from my iTunes and not just from my iPhone.
12-16-2008, 08:19 PM
I bought KillerSudoko at the very beginning when there were only a few to choose from. It is one of my great regrets. It is awful!

If you want a good Sudoko game, I really like Sudoko Unlimited. iLounge did a roundup of all the Sudoko apps soon after the App Store opened and this was one of their picks.