Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-13-2014, 05:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Spooklands (by Luderia Jogos Digitais Ltda)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 08-21-2014 at 04:22 PM..
Old 08-13-2014, 05:09 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

this looks like it'll be a lot of fun
Old 08-13-2014, 05:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
this looks like it'll be a lot of fun
Totally agree... I really like the artstyle too. So if it's tap to move and tap to shoot, you move when tapping an empty area and shoot if you tap an enemy?
Old 08-13-2014, 05:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Totally agree... I really like the artstyle too. So if it's tap to move and tap to shoot, you move when tapping an empty area and shoot if you tap an enemy?
the first screenshot say "the one and only one-finger-shooter" don't know what that means in this case. We'll have to wait til someone played it
Old 08-13-2014, 05:48 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

This is definitely one of my highlights of the week by far. Looks glorious visually and I'm always up to try a re-imagined control scheme for any game. Really looking forward to this one.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:49 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

That does look fun. Here's a trailer

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Edit:
Bought the game. My impressions:

Just as I imagined it would be. It's like Crimsonland except it's entirely controlled with one touch. I liken Spooklands to it because enemies come from the edge of the screen rushing towards you as you dish out the deeps to blow them all up and score.

Movement isn't with dual sticks however. You tap to shoot in that direction and the 'recoil' pushes you in the opposite direction. Simple, eh? There's also some bounce physics here where you and your shots can hit any of the four walls enclosing you in each of the 3 different maps.

One touch tap controls can be iffy depending on individual taste and Spooklands is no exception to that possibility, especially since you move away from your tap. That's not to say it's bad as it becomes intuitive as you spend time with the game. It really is solid and at home with the mobile platform.

Each weapon has two modes of fire: tap and hold. Tapping fires a small bullet (or in the game's case, sneakers and hatchets) while holding charges your weapon making your shot a huge piercing blast. Power ups occasionally spawn in the middle of the room, each with its own two modes of fire as well and keep things interesting by offering different behavior. They can boost your regular weapon, add a 2nd charged projectile, contral-like spread shots, curving balls of exploding fury, and much more.

Charging is usually the best way to go but comes with greater recoil so you might bounce off a wall and hit something a la billiards. Risk vs reward. Skilled players will find this a minor drawback and abuse charging nevertheless.

As you score higher, you unlock new maps and powerups. There is no leveling up or consumables to deal with so it all depends on your own personal skill.

Recommended? Depends on you liking this kind of tap to move. If yes, you'll have a blast with this (affordable) endless high scoring game. I recommend playing on an iPad for more precise aiming and less screen blocking with your own finger.

Last edited by Echoen; 08-21-2014 at 09:12 AM..
Old 08-13-2014, 06:33 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

It's similar to Toast Time where you use the weapon recoil to move. Could be fun as that game is amazing.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
It's similar to Toast Time where you use the weapon recoil to move. Could be fun as that game is amazing.
That's made my day!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:54 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

crash on iphone 4 7.1.2
Old 08-13-2014, 08:08 AM

Sounds interesting but I've never played a game with one tap controls for moving and shooting. Will have to see how that goes