App description: Come join the adventure in the mesmerizing fantasy world of Faraway Kingdom: Dragon Raiders!

The notorious Red Dragon has demolished the kingdom, and it is now up to you to restore order. Gather heroes to explore endless dungeons underneath the kingdom. You must collect gold and diamonds to rebuild the city and strengthen your company of heroes. Travel to distant lands in search of the Red Dragon, where vast number of monsters and challenges await you. The journey wont be easy, but your kingdom depends on you to lead the way. Bring back glory to the once peaceful Faraway Kingdom!

Play for Free. 8 bit graphic fun! Unique game-play mixture of simulation and mid-core RPG! Now Available on the App Store.
Features:

Build the most amazing kingdom
Collect all heroes
Build homes for your heroes choose from 27 selections
Send your heroes to explore dungeons and collect valuable loot
Go the extra mile by designating all the heroes to their destined dungeons
Raid distant lands, battle monsters using unique skills, and collect rare items
Get help from other players to complete difficult raids
Compete with other players in game progress
Collect rare heroes from the kingdoms Inn or through the summoning ritual, then upgrade
Collect rare equipment by defeating monsters in raids or by purchasing them from the Item Shop, then enhance
Compete with others to become the highest contributor in defeating the World Bosses!

Micro Site: www.playfarawaykingdom.com

Facebook: http://bit.ly/FarawayFacebook

Customer Support: sgnorth.helpshift.com
08-13-2014, 05:22 AM
Holy crap this looks delish!

Although im a little worried of the pay model.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

08-13-2014, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Holy crap this looks delish!

Although im a little worried of the pay model.
Same. Looks stunning and the gameplay description resonates with me. Almost looks like a subterranean Tiny Tower in some of the screenshots. Definitely going to be made or broken by the pay scheme but fingers crossed!
08-13-2014, 06:05 AM
I spot a 6hr 20min waiting time in the screenshots...then again, Tiny Tower did have its wait timers that long

This does sound like a nice game, so let's hope the business model isn't too strict on it

I can has more Super Hexagon/Boson X-esque games?
08-13-2014, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Same. Looks stunning and the gameplay description resonates with me. Almost looks like a subterranean Tiny Tower in some of the screenshots. Definitely going to be made or broken by the pay scheme but fingers crossed!
I made the same TT connection. I've downloaded it, about to crack it open and see what's inside
08-13-2014, 06:10 AM
This looks like... well, what was the name of the game?
Happy.... Street? Yeah, I think it is heavily inspired by Happy Street, but it features automatic fights in dungeons, which take time as long as the timer in screenshot 3 shows. The resemblance to Tiny Tower might be much smaller.
But the world design is clearly taken from Happy Street Friends.
50 dungeon levels? Count me in, I'll try that.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 08-13-2014 at 06:13 AM.
08-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I made the same TT connection. I've downloaded it, about to crack it open and see what's inside
Please do! I'm exhausted, ill and going to bed lol. Will look forward to the impressions though as there are enough interesting premium releases for me that I won't mind a let down. Honestly though, this looks like I'll enjoy it regardless.
08-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Interestingly, there's an old thread for this back from 2013. EP saw this too lol

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...araway+kingdom

Sanuku's old gameplay vid (may be different from this version)

Game Center/Steam/PSN: Echoen
How to: embed [youtube] vids | Using [AppInfo]
My Youtube channel
08-13-2014, 06:26 AM
^ same game???

Maybe it's just a rerelease with wide screen support.

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa
08-13-2014, 06:37 AM
That is weird, I apologise if I've double posted. It's marked as a new release for today and there's no sign of the original app but clearly it has existed before at some point lol. I wouldn't have thought I'd forget something like this though.