★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PUMO Inc.
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 8.9 MB
  • Version: 1.3.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: PUMO brings you the "JP IDOL" Series, and its first title as a simple "Sorting-Action" game.

The Japanese pop idol group is holding their handshaking event, and the fans are waiting in line.
You guide them by tapping the screen, so each fan can shake hands with his favorite idol.
*Recommended devices: iPhone5/5S, iPad Air/mini Retina

But, who is this idol group anyway? What are they?
Here is the blog post from the website "Kotacky" that explains a little about them:
------------------------------------------------------------
JP IDOL: Awakening
By Lodi Dnegel

Everyone who knows DOT8x8,(dee-oh-tee eyt bahy eyt) would tell you that it would be just a matter of time before they would become top Japanese idols, and that time is now.

Each member of the group is just like a dot, but, once they start performing together, these dots become a line, or even a piece of art.

John Smith, CEO of EGG Promotion, the talent agency of DOT8x8, described the idol group like this:

And, I still dont know how popular DOT8x8 will become. They dont know about themselves yet, or what role each member should take in the group; which hue to be colored to create their own art.
Thats where the fans will get involved: Coloring their idols.
Id be more than happy if I could be part of the process in making the DOT8x8 masterpiece: The fans created art.

I had an eye on DOT8x8 since they first made their debut, and they definitely put priority on their communication with fans.

Naturally, DOT8x8 hold their hand shaking events often to create art between their fans and them. By meeting their fans, the group gains confidence through fan support in hope they will grow better. As a pop idol, they are grateful for fan support and try not to take it for granted.

As their manager, John explained his thoughts on their handshaking events with great enthusiasm at the end of the interview.

Thank you for supporting DOT8x8. We hold handshaking events at the PUON department store regularly. We hope everyone comes to these events to get to know the group, especially those who have never heard of DOT8x8 before.

Although DOT8x8 does not get the recognition it deserves, John Smith says with glint in his eye, but they will be soon. I thought the same thing after seeing their fans enthusiasm at their handshaking event.

PeteOzzy's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info:

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 8.9 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
PUMO brings you the "JP IDOL" Series, and its first title is a simple "Sorting-Action" game.

The Japanese pop idol group is holding their handshaking event, and the fans are waiting in line.
You, John Smith, are the producer & manager of this group, and guide those fans by tapping the screen, so each can shake hands with his favorite idol.
*Recommended devices: iPhone5/5S, iPad Air/mini Retina

But, who is this idol group anyway? What are they?
Here is the blog post from the website "Kotacky" in which John Smith (You!) explained a little about them:
------------------------------------------------------------
JP IDOL: Awakening
By Lodi Dnegel

Everyone who knows DOT8x8 (dee-oh-tee eyt-bahy-eyt) would tell you that its just a matter of time that they will become the top of Japanese idols, and it seems that the time is now.

Each member of the group is just like a dot, but, once they start performing together, these dots become a line, or rather an artwork.

John Smith, CEO of EGG Promotion, the talent agency of DOT8x8, described the idol group.

And, I still dont know how DOT8x8 would turn out. The members still dont know what role each should take in the group; which hue to be colored to create their own art.
Thats where the fans get involved: Coloring their pop idols by themselves.
Ill be more than happy if I can be the part of the process to make the masterpiece of DOT8x8: The art created by fans.

I had an eye on DOT8x8 since they made their debut, and indeed, they have been putting emphasis on the communication with fans.

When you are trying to make the art called DOT8x8, with their fans, its natural to hold the handshaking event very often. And its good for the group as well since they get to know how the fans are supporting them, and how grateful their support is. This notion prevents them to take it for granted that they are in the fortunate situation, and help them grow up as the pop idols.

John revealed his thought on handshaking event as his eyes lit up.
Finally, at the end of the interview, I asked him if he would like to say anything directly to the fans.

Thank you for supporting DOT8x8. As you know, we are trying our best to meet your expectations at every single event. So, please continue encouraging us. For the readers who didnt know DOT8x8, and found it interesting, please come to see us. We are holding the handshaking event at the PUON Department Store regularly. You are always welcome!

At present, DOT8x8 doesnt get recognized as much as it deserve, but, soon. John Smith showed his confidence and I felt the same way when I witnessed the passion their fans displayed at the DOT8x8 handshaking event.

iPhone Screenshots:

08-13-2014, 06:45 AM
I know it may just be another one of those sorting games but it's got a great Japanese wackiness to it, it's ridiculously tough and evolving plus quite funny at times.
08-14-2014, 01:16 AM
Lol, Kotacky, I'm guessing that a play on Kotaku?

What an odd game, with an odd description.