Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-14-2014, 04:52 PM
danieljk12 danieljk12 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5
Default What Kairosoft game should I get?

What Kairosoft game would you recommend for someone who has never played them before?? It looks like game dev story has gotten the best reviews.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-14-2014, 06:08 PM
wicro wicro is offline
Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 48
Default

I may be biased in my opinion since Dev Story was my first, but nothing has come to close to it for me. I did like Dungeon Story as well, but generally , and I have bought most, they have never been as addictive as Dev story.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-14-2014, 06:32 PM
SherlockEB SherlockEB is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicro View Post
I may be biased in my opinion since Dev Story was my first, but nothing has come to close to it for me. I did like Dungeon Story as well, but generally , and I have bought most, they have never been as addictive as Dev story.
I'd suggest the same. Game Dev Story was an actual addictment for me and a very enjoyable experience. I've tried a couple more of them and only Hot Springs Story came close to it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-14-2014, 07:28 PM
danieljk12 danieljk12 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Okay awesome thx for the response. That was the one I was leaning towards just because everyone speaks so highly of it. Gonna go download it tonight
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-15-2014, 08:05 AM
Kapamilya2 Kapamilya2 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 118
Default

Get them all. Especially when they're on sale for $ 0.99 each.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-15-2014, 08:15 AM
Dankrio Dankrio is offline
Junior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15
Default

I suggest you avoid them if you want to save your soul. I have played Game Dev Story an entire day, almost non-stop. Lol. It is that addictive.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Nekku Nekku is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,075
Default

Yeah, game dev story is awesome! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-15-2014, 04:04 PM
HLW HLW is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,032
Default

I don't really like Game Dev Story as much as some of the others - my two favourites are Sushi Spinnery and Dungeon Village, the Ninja one is a close third. So if you don't like Game Dev Story don't give up on Kairosoft games just try another!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Cilo Cilo is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljk12 View Post
What Kairosoft game would you recommend for someone who has never played them before?? It looks like game dev story has gotten the best reviews.
Game Dev Story absolutely a must, however a huge second for me is Grand Prix Story. Grand Prix Story is almost as addictive for me as Game Dev was, there are tons of stuff to do in the game, but the biggest difference between the two is that in Game Dev Story at a certain point you get to produce your own consoles (and of course games), but you never really get to see any of the products in actions. Huge twist in Grand Prix Story is that you run a race car garage, but the cars you develop and engineer are actually used on the track in races, you spectate the races and see your hard work in action. And of course your vehicles are affected by certain drivers as well.

Last edited by Cilo; 08-15-2014 at 05:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-15-2014, 04:44 PM
SherlockEB SherlockEB is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
Game Dev Story absolutely a must, however a huge second for me is Grand Prix Story. Grand Prix Story is almost as addictive for me as Game Dev was, there are tons of stuff to do in the game, but the biggest difference between the two is that in Game Dev Story at a certain point you get to produce your own consoles (and of course games), but you never really get to see any of the products in actions. Huge twist in Grand Prix Story is that you of course run a race car garage, but the cars you develop and engineer are actually used on the track in races, you spectate the races and see your hard work in action. And of course your vehicles are affected by certain drivers as well.
You convinced me to get it
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent