What Kairosoft game should I get?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by danieljk12, Aug 14, 2014.

1. danieljk12

danieljk12 Member

Dec 17, 2013
    What Kairosoft game would you recommend for someone who has never played them before?? It looks like game dev story has gotten the best reviews.

2. wicro

wicro Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Scotland
    I may be biased in my opinion since Dev Story was my first, but nothing has come to close to it for me. I did like Dungeon Story as well, but generally , and I have bought most, they have never been as addictive as Dev story.

3. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I'd suggest the same. Game Dev Story was an actual addictment for me and a very enjoyable experience. I've tried a couple more of them and only Hot Springs Story came close to it.

4. danieljk12

danieljk12 Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Okay awesome thx for the response. That was the one I was leaning towards just because everyone speaks so highly of it. Gonna go download it tonight :D

5. Kapamilya2

Kapamilya2 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Get them all. Especially when they're on sale for $ 0.99 each. :)

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I suggest you avoid them if you want to save your soul. I have played Game Dev Story an entire day, almost non-stop. Lol. It is that addictive.

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Yeah, game dev story is awesome! Enjoy! :D

8. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I don't really like Game Dev Story as much as some of the others - my two favourites are Sushi Spinnery and Dungeon Village, the Ninja one is a close third. So if you don't like Game Dev Story don't give up on Kairosoft games just try another!

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #9 Cilo, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Game Dev Story absolutely a must, however a huge second for me is Grand Prix Story. Grand Prix Story is almost as addictive for me as Game Dev was, there are tons of stuff to do in the game, but the biggest difference between the two is that in Game Dev Story at a certain point you get to produce your own consoles (and of course games), but you never really get to see any of the products in actions. Huge twist in Grand Prix Story is that you run a race car garage, but the cars you develop and engineer are actually used on the track in races, you spectate the races and see your hard work in action. And of course your vehicles are affected by certain drivers as well.

10. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    You convinced me to get it :)

11. danieljk12

danieljk12 Member

Dec 17, 2013
    I downloaded dev story last night...played for 2 hrs and then 2 more hrs this morning right when I woke up. You could say I'm addicted :)

12. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    In my opinion Game Dev Story is the best, GP Story is the 2nd best.

13. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    #13 madam_octa, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Game dev story is still number one for me, but Magazine Mogul is getting close. I don't think it's been released for iOS yet, so keep an eye out for it :)

14. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    How are you liking it?