Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-15-2014, 04:30 AM
Banned
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords

So Obsidian secured the Pathfinder license and their first game is a tablet version of the card game.

The game seems to blend RPG elements and a Card adventure

Old 08-15-2014, 11:58 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchdoku View Post
So Obsidian secured the Pathfinder license and their first game is a tablet version of the card game.

The game seems to blend RPG elements and a Card adventure
That's exactly what it is. I have the physical version of this game and it is really awesome, but the rules are a lot to get your head around all at once, so I am REALLY looking forward to this coming out.

There are many places to find info and even watch playthroughs of the physical game, but in a nutshell, your characters are made of decks that are composed of cards that contain things like their items, equipment, spells, and abilities. Then each location is also made up of decks that contain encounters, monsters, and treasure.

Each location also starts with a boss in it, and one of them is the main boss of the adventure. You decide each turn which location to visit, then you flip over the next card from it and resolve it. If it is an item, then you can roll to acquire it, and each one required different stats to get, like for a spell you would roll and add your intelligence. If the card flipped is a monster, you fight it.

When you encounter the boss in that location and defeat it, you can attempt to "close" that location, unless it was the main boss, then when you beat them, they flee to another open location. The object of the adventure is to beat the main boss in the last open location.

What makes it challenging is that you are playing against a turn limit, represented by cards that you flip over each turn. When the last one is flipped and you have not won yet, you have failed the adventure.

So I know this won't be for everyone, and some people are already looking past this game and hoping that Obsidian will make a "real" CRPG version of Pathfinder, but this is obviously a good place for them to start, since there is a ready set of game mechanics to adapt to a digital format and no hard story for them to create.

But personally, I couldn't have hoped for better news than to see that this game is coming to my iPad.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

The physical product of this card/board persistent rpg is amazing. I can't wait for this. Hopefully there are multiple ways to play with your friends.

Now if FFG or someone else would make iOS versions of their LCGs (particularly Warhammer), I'd be set forever.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I will buy every expansion DLC they throw out for this! Day one purchase for me based off the physical game! A must own!
Old 08-18-2014, 07:13 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

This appears to have great potential. Really looking forward to more info.